• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Falcons vs Seahawks Game Thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such strange thinking to me.

We are going to be a bad football team. It would appear we are going to be worse than I thought. We have a league average QB who will NEVER be more than that. We have an atrocious defensive line. We have an atrocious secondary. In fact the only position groups on the team that could be considered above average are WR and RB.

This may wind up being a 4 win team this year. With a 71 year old coach. And a caretaker owner. So what hope do we have? That we might be able to draft Bryce Young? That won't make this defense any better. And, ftr, this defense is really no different than last year or the year before or the year before. A bottom 8 defense that can't get off the field.

At this point we probably just want the team to give up on Pete so Jody actually fires him. Then maybe we have some hope.
Yeah, it makes no sense to me either. The whole league basically boils down to who has the best QBs, year in and year out. You have some exceptions and aberrations, but it's largely the case every season. The teams that don't have high quality QBs are the ones without hope, and we are now one of those teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're settling in to the group of irrelevant teams. Our roster has enough talent to be competitive most of the time in home games when we face mediocre or lesser teams; when on the road, we'll be challenged to win even against lesser competition unless they have multiple key injuries. That's about where I see this team for at least the rest of this season. 5-ish wins.

I'm not even sure we are a 5 win team at this point unless the young guys really start to improve their play.

Our defense can't stop anyone. And this offense is not built to get into shoot outs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it makes no sense to me either. The whole league basically boils down to who has the best QBs, year in and year out. You have some exceptions and aberrations, but it's largely the case every season. The teams that don't have high quality QBs are the ones without hope, and we are now one of those teams.

Yup. I've made my peace with moving on from Russ. Honestly, given how troubled this team is outside of QB, maybe it was the right move to move on from Russ.

But it STILL only makes sense if we move on from Pete.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I've made my peace with moving on from Russ. Honestly, given how troubled this team is outside of QB, maybe it was the right move to move on from Russ.

I was for just letting them both go (if they ditched Russ) but that wasn't going to happen because Pete was still due a massive amount of money and Jody couldn't care less about this team ("Jody is upset about the Seahawks" - yah go fuck yourself Jody, you didn't give two shits until the seats didn't fill up fully last year). If Paul Allen was still alive, this whole fuckin' thing would've gone down a LOT different.

I mean with Carroll, he doesn't have that much time left.... his coaching style is ancient (run the ball, play D) but what's funny is he's not even doing that anymore... now we're passing a bunch with a shit ass QB and playing a different defense in almost his decade of coaching (3-4 style) that can't cover, tackle, or sack anything... and the one thing that was working (THE RUN GAME) he's not doing... like wtf? WHY did we draft Walker? For the future!? It's a fuckin' runningback, use him NOW. His future is < 5-7 years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was for just letting them both go (if they ditched Russ) but that wasn't going to happen because Pete was still due a massive amount of money and Jody couldn't care less about this team ("Jody is upset about the Seahawks" - yah go fuck yourself Jody, you didn't give two shits until the seats didn't fill up fully last year). If Paul Allen was still alive, this whole fuckin' thing would've gone down a LOT different.

I completely agree that if Paul was still alive we wouldn't be here right now.

I mean with Carroll, he doesn't have that much time left.... his coaching style is ancient (run the ball, play D) but what's funny is he's not even doing that anymore... now we're passing a bunch with a shit ass QB and playing a different defense in almost his decade of coaching (3-4 style) that can't cover, tackle, or sack anything... and the one thing that was working (THE RUN GAME) he's not doing... like wtf? WHY did we draft Walker? For the future!? It's a fuckin' runningback, use him NOW. His future is < 5-7 years.

I'm certain that Pete would love to keep running the ball. But he simply CAN'T.

Creating an effective running game is about wearing down the other team. Committing to the run will result in punts early on and even some quick early series. And that is no big deal if you have a really good defense. Because your defense will get the offense the ball back quickly. By the 4th quarter the other team's defense is just exhausted and you have control of the game.

But when your defense can't stop the other team's offense and puts the team in an early hole, you are forced to move to a passing game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure we are a 5 win team at this point unless the young guys really start to improve their play.

Our defense can't stop anyone. And this offense is not built to get into shoot outs.
It wouldn't knock me off my chair if we didn't get to 5. I can see us picking up 2 division wins (AZ isn't that good, and maybe the Rams have nothing to play for in week 18), and then we also have the Jets, Lions, Saints, Giants and Panthers. All of those teams may very well be better than us, but they're not so much better where we don't have at least a decent shot if things go our way. Also highly unlikely we will lose every game, so there will be a few more wins in there just because of injuries and the any given Sunday factor.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain that Pete would love to keep running the ball. But he simply CAN'T.

Creating an effective running game is about wearing down the other team. Committing to the run will result in punts early on and even some quick early series. And that is no big deal if you have a really good defense. Because your defense will get the offense the ball back quickly. By the 4th quarter the other team's defense is just exhausted and you have control of the game.

But when your defense can't stop the other team's offense and puts the team in an early hole, you are forced to move to a passing game.

Yah I get it... just kind of funny his philosophy as a coach is run the ball (which has done well, admittedly) and play stout defense and neither are doing jack fuck all right now and he's trying to pass with a busted ass QB to two near elite receivers, one of which they just paid a ton to.

Like, I've been the person to kind of ask, "What the fuck was your PLAN this year?" Okay, Pete/John, with regards to Wilson, you knew over a year ago (don't bullshit me, ya knew it) that trade was coming.. what was your steps to fix that trade? Retain a QB we all knew was not that great? Trade for Drew Lock and that was your guy? These are things that will never leave the conference room but I'd love to be a fly on the wall and hear:

Pete: "John, I think we have a winning organization and Geno Smith is the guy."
John: "But Pete, if not, should we ask for Drew Lock just in case?"
Pete: "Oh sure, and if not Drew or Geno we'll just tank the season and draft a new guy."

Like... Is that how it went down? WTF?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with that... If this is how our defense is going to perform, then we probably need to entertain the idea after this season... Geno didn't play horrible yesterday... We may have had a better chance to win if our defense was half decent... They were just horrendous... Have been basically all 3 games... Chunk yardage after chunk yardage against us isn't going to cut it... I was ok moving on from Russ if we had some bright spots on the team to give us some hope... For me, that was the OL (which has played well for the most part considering we're starting two rookie tackles) and for our defensive improvement... Our defense has looked worse than it has the past 3 or 4 seasons through the first 3 games of the season... That's on Pete...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I have an issue with in regards to the ref's is how do teams have a total of 3 penalties against us the past 2 games? SF only had 1 penalty in the game against us to our 10 and yesterday, ATL only has 2 penalties called against us to our 7... That's a 17-3 difference... A net of -14... That's ridiculous imo... You can't tell me that SF and ATL didn't have more than 3 total penalties in those games...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that... If this is how our defense is going to perform, then we probably need to entertain the idea after this season... Geno didn't play horrible yesterday... We may have had a better chance to win if our defense was half decent... They were just horrendous... Have been basically all 3 games... Chunk yardage after chunk yardage against us isn't going to cut it... I was ok moving on from Russ if we had some bright spots on the team to give us some hope... For me, that was the OL (which has played well for the most part considering we're starting two rookie tackles) and for our defensive improvement... Our defense has looked worse than it has the past 3 or 4 seasons through the first 3 games of the season... That's on Pete...

This is what it boils down to for me. If the defense was playing well and we were losing because of Geno maybe I would be more forgiving. But the defense is the biggest problem

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of interesting to review the comparisons... RW constant here in this stat box is he's still taking sacks... He's on pace for being sacked 54 times this year... This caught my eye because this is what he always blamed our OL for but it looks like he was just as much of the problem... He hasn't even played a great defense yet outside of SF... Just wait until he plays against his own division... Not really going to call out his comp % because we know he's better than that but the sacks seem to be a RW issue...

1664214065464.png

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another weird score game, he would get a ton of those here.

Pete just seems defeated in the pressers these past two games. He doesn't look at all like he is happy to even be answering questions. Sure i get it you lost but he never looked like this or sounded so ... like he wants to say "I give up"
He felt even with Russ gone that this team could compete and win cause he thinks highly of his players as any coach should but reality is starting to set in a bit with Pete that this year is going to be a long season. Get a stud in the draft and hope it pans out and this should be a quick rebuild.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He felt even with Russ gone that this team could compete and win cause he thinks highly of his players as any coach should but reality is starting to set in a bit with Pete that this year is going to be a long season. Get a stud in the draft and hope it pans out and this should be a quick rebuild.

A stud QB isn't going to make this defense any better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this team is more than 1 stud QB away from competing. they need Linebackers DT and safety help on Defense.

I knew losing Norton would hurt the Linebacker group but it has DESTROYED the linebacking group and the Defensive line also.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Denver's pick is for. Draft defense.
They have to Hit often which they have not been doing. This group of Rookies we have now look like they could be "OK" pieces and depth players but we need better and MORE. We have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 fifths and then we have one in all the rest. We have to hit on all our top 4 picks with studs to get back into this fast. That's extremely HARD to do and rarely happens.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been drafting defense heavy for like 3 years now and nothing to show for it. Unless these guys are drafting in the top 15 it is truly a hit or miss. For rounds 1-3 for defensive players

LJ Collier
Marquise Blair
Cody Barton

Jordyn Brooks
Darrell Taylor

2021 wash due to lack of picks

Boye Mafe

Other than Brooks none of these guys at best would be above average some are basically not even on the team.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they keep throwing away 2nd round picks on subpar skill position players instead of DT, its like they have almost entirely forgotten about the interior of the DL.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back when men played football.

Largent laying out the lumber.

Reactions: MrS

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Team needs a Kennedy ( Tez ) type DT, that would improve the defense instantly ( Duh ) but they also need a Starting Safety a very good to GREAT Linebacker or 2 and possibly 1 more starter at CB. The CB isn't huge but it would be nice the others are musts on this team.

Also this defense has ZERO leadership! ZERO!!! No Kams, No Bobby, No KJ and no one else is even stepping up or taking charge. NO ONE!