• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 @ Washington (Suicide Squad)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'm late getting this one in. I was going to just record the first few minutes, post this, and then start watching. Unfortunately I did watch the first 16 seconds already. Not that there's anyway to prove this, but during that first return I was thinking "just don't fumble it". Then they fumble, and could have easily recovered but two of dudes went for it at the same time and knocked each other off the ball. Fuck.

Got it paused for now though. I'm going to bet we're down at least 14-0 by the time I finish this.

Anyway Idaho comes off a win over Montana State that really left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Sure, they ran the ball well. And sure, the defense shut down the Bobcats in the fourth when they needed to. But Matt Linehan looked like absolute garbage. Every other throw was in the dirt, he under-threw a wide open Deon Watson for a TD that resulted in an int, and he was constantly tripping over his own feet. It was awful. If Jake Luton was still here he would have seen significant playing time last week. I guess that just shows how bad the backup QB situation is here. Some positives: Duckworth looked solid running the ball and Deon Watson had some great grabs. The offensive line got pushed around way too much for my liking. This won't bode well against a great Husky D this week.

On defense the Vandals tightened up when they needed to and forced some key stops and turnovers. Unfortunately MSU's QB looked pretty bad the entire game. The only thing keeping me from criticizing all his throws into the dirt and double coverage is the fact that Linehan was so much worse.

Overall last week's game really only proved that both Idaho and MSU's offenses are much worse than we thought.

To this week's game though. The movie theme this week is Suicide Squad. Should be obvious why. I thought about comparing each Suicide Squad Character to a Vandal player, but that's a bit too much work.

I'll say this, Matt Linehan is definitely Deadshot. Not because he's extremely accurate though. It's because he looked dead last week.

What do you really say about the Huskies? They absolutely dominated Rutgers last week. They have a top 10 defense and a QB who really looks to be coming into his own in Jake Browning. This is a legitimate top 10 team and they're going to play like it.

Prediction: UW continues to dominate the first half as Idaho struggles to move the ball. 35-3 at the break, Husky starters don't play in the second half. I'm hoping Idaho's backup QB Gunnar Amos gets some snaps here. He needs to have some experience in case Linehan goes down.

Final score:

Washington 52
Idaho 13

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much nailed the prediction!

Game went as expected. Vandals showed some flashes of competence, but the early fumbles were brutal. Opening kickoff, then a few drives later in the RZ... Not to mention some of the coaching decisions had me scratchin my head.

You already talked about it before, but that Elliss guy looks like the real deal.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much nailed the prediction!

Game went as expected. Vandals showed some flashes of competence, but the early fumbles were brutal. Opening kickoff, then a few drives later in the RZ... Not to mention some of the coaching decisions had me scratchin my head.

You already talked about it before, but that Elliss guy looks like the real deal.

Definitely agree about a few of the coaching decisions. I didn't mind going for it on fourth in a lot of those cases but a few of them were just odd. Rehkow might be the best punter in the country even though he is a bit sketchy as a place kicker. Take advantage of that shit.

Ellis, Lashley, and Smith are all pretty impressive at linebacker. Idaho's defense has some talent, but it's just not enough against teams like UW. WSU should provide a good challenge next week. They really should have won their last two games and they'll be hungry to take their frustrations out on Idaho.

I still got WSU winning big but I really hope we get another fun post-game interaction between the two coaches. Both of them are huge assholes but I can't help but like both of them.

LEACH-F-U.gif