• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Redskins @ Rams

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have and should have traded a later round or future draft pick or better yet, a player, in order to move up one (1) spot to get Mixon. This young man is an all purpose future star in this league. He might not be starting in Cincy right now, but without a doubt he's far better than anyone that we currently have.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am no evaluator of talent

but the staff should have done their due diligence

how does it improve the squad by saving that 5 mil ?

I am sure they did their due diligence. I am sure they looked at Matthews history of injury. I am sure they looked at Hillman's history.

That 5 million carries over to next year. Why just throw 5 million of cap space away at a prayer?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have and should have traded a later round or future draft pick or better yet, a player, in order to move up one (1) spot to get Mixon. This young man is an all purpose future star in this league. He might not be starting in Cincy right now, but without a doubt he's far better than anyone that we currently have.

And we would still need an OLB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Oh...you think Anderson is garbage.

Naw, Anderson is potentially a good player, but in weighing the choices at the time, RB trumps LB. Still does, our defensive starters are in better shape than our starter at RB. BTW: I don't think that there was a game changing LB'er in this draft, there was one at RB and that was well worth moving up one spot to get him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, Anderson is potentially a good player, but in weighing the choices at the time, RB trumps LB. Still does, our defensive starters are in better shape than our starter at RB. BTW: I don't think that there was a game changing LB'er in this draft, there was one at RB and that was well worth moving up one spot to get him.

Watt so far has definitely been a game changer.

So far Mixon has been nothing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have yet to see what mixon or anderson are . when we entered the draft our offense was ahead of the defense and we drafted accordingly

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are advocating they should have drafted a guy in the 2nd round with a suspicious background who in his 1st 2 games has a 45 yards and a YPC average of 2.6. Along with that he has 4 catches for a total of 20 yards. While we are at lets trade a couple of No. 1 picks for their backup QB.

I don't think the problem is all RB. We have issues with the Oline and even more so which has been detailed several times poor blocking by the TEs. For anyone that doesn't understand it is important that TEs can block on running plays.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hope our ILB do a better job then the colts did

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opposing team only had 7 in the box, really only 6. Looks like Goff audibled into the run the Mike LB hit the wrong gap. Not sure how one in a new HCs first game is a tendency. Although the TE ran across the line to cover the backside the ILB (Mike) should have played to the strong side which is where the TE lined up. Bad play by that LBer but that is how one guy can screw up a play. We have said it before you need 11 guys working together.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are advocating they should have drafted a guy in the 2nd round with a suspicious background who in his 1st 2 games has a 45 yards and a YPC average of 2.6. Along with that he has 4 catches for a total of 20 yards. While we are at lets trade a couple of No. 1 picks for their backup QB.

I don't think the problem is all RB. We have issues with the Oline and even more so which has been detailed several times poor blocking by the TEs. For anyone that doesn't understand it is important that TEs can block on running plays.

Yep on the running back and it's two years too late on the QB, who, BTW is STILL a better fit in this offense than Kirk Cousins. So yeah let's lose our QB in 2018 have no discernable plan to replace him and BTW stick with our current RB's....that'll work!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

based on preseason and our first game this seems true

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep on the running back and it's two years too late on the QB, who, BTW is STILL a better fit in this offense than Kirk Cousins. So yeah let's lose our QB in 2018 have no discernable plan to replace him and BTW stick with our current RB's....that'll work!!

Although I suspect Mixon will be better than he has been in his 1st two games you have no basis for your belief in McCarron other than you think it is a good idea. How you determined he is a better fit in this offense than Cousin's is a mystery to me ..... and probably to you. You have zero to prove that with.

Mixon does not have great run blockers in Cinncy so he wouldn't do much better here either. Either that or he really sucks with that 2.6 per carry average but I think he is probably better than that. None of this made Ryan Anderson a bad pick.

I give you an A for the courage of your convictions though. :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I suspect Mixon will be better than he has been in his 1st two games you have no basis for your belief in McCarron other than you think it is a good idea. How you determined he is a better fit in this offense than Cousin's is a mystery to me ..... and probably to you. You have zero to prove that with.

Mixon does not have great run blockers in Cinncy so he wouldn't do much better here either. Either that or he really sucks with that 2.6 per carry average but I think he is probably better than that. None of this made Ryan Anderson a bad pick.

I give you an A for the courage of your convictions though. :suds:

Anderson was not a bad pick, we had and have issues at LB'er but to me given the choice between a true game changer at RB and solving the LB'er issues at the time...it's RB hands down.

BTW: Thanks for the :suds:, here's one back at ya,:suds: but for me, it really doesn't take courage to speak the truth.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson was not a bad pick, we had and have issues at LB'er but to me given the choice between a true game changer at RB and solving the LB'er issues at the time...it's RB hands down.

BTW: Thanks for the :suds:, here's one back at ya,:suds: but for me, it really doesn't take courage to speak the truth.

Why isn't he changing the game in Cincinnati? They just fired their OC? Why would it be different here? Is it possible we were scared off by the video?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't he changing the game in Cincinnati? They just fired their OC? Why would it be different here? Is it possible we were scared off by the video?

To be honest, Cincy has too many top notch RB's on their roster right now. He's the rookie, Hill and Bernard are young veteran ballers who are gobbling up most of the PT there although Mixon still gets some touches in spots. Next year one of them Hill/Bernard will likely be playing elsewhere. We should keep an eye on what Cincy does with these guys.

He would be different here because he would be the unquestioned starter. I don't know if you watched the game last night but there were a couple of plays that were eye opening. One where he was hemmed in by several players escaped and turned it into a 6 yard gain. The other in the full grasp (arms fully wrapped around him grasp) of JJ Watt, (yeah that guy!!) he dragged/carried him for another 3-4 yards on his back.

The video scared off too many IMHO because this is football and not a visit to the Vatican. Think about what it says that this guy would have been one of the first two or three guys taken in this draft had that video not been out there. BTW: Bruce Allen is the last person in this organization who judges somebody based on public perception.

Last edited: