• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Preseason

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before we all go off half cocked ..when the steelers do well in preseason we generally have a bad regular season .. and right now with last nights horrible performance the defense did ok .. I expect that we do better next week

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before we all go off half cocked ..when the steelers do well in preseason we generally have a bad regular season .. and right now with last nights horrible performance the defense did ok .. I expect that we do better next week

My issue was that I didn't see a lot of bright spots. Eli Rogers had some plays, but I'm struggling to come up with much more than that from last night...

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue was that I didn't see a lot of bright spots. Eli Rogers had some plays, but I'm struggling to come up with much more than that from last night...
Imo .. I think that coach T wanted to see the rookies and what they could possibly offer to the team .. you sometimes have to see how a guy is going to act in the face of adversity and like you I seen a lot of adversity last night

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the first team defense looked stout. Although they didn't generate much in terms of sacks or turnovers, they dominated in the trenches. I'd like to see more in terms of the pass rush, but I'm ok with what is being displayed. Dupree & JJ have yet to play in the preseason. Getting them back will provide a huge boost to the pass rush.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo .. I think that coach T wanted to see the rookies and what they could possibly offer to the team .. you sometimes have to see how a guy is going to act in the face of adversity and like you I seen a lot of adversity last night

I'm with this line of thinking as well...W or L is not really important...obviously no Ben or AB, Bell, he wants to see what the unproven guys have in a game environment...sure it sucks to have your QB deposit 4 to the other team...that said, Coates needs to continue to work and learn...as of now, DHB should be WR3.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the first team defense looked stout.

Certainly could have been worse, no doubt. I might be pessimistic, but was attributing that to them playing Bradford and not worrying about downfield passes much. You're right, tackling at least was pretty good.

Another thing that bugged me was the huge punt return that ended up negated by the penalty. I'm still a bit worried about special teams. Hopefully we see some fireworks (good ones this time) next week, which is traditionally "the" week to watch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly could have been worse, no doubt. I might be pessimistic, but was attributing that to them playing Bradford and not worrying about downfield passes much. You're right, tackling at least was pretty good.

Another thing that bugged me was the huge punt return that ended up negated by the penalty. I'm still a bit worried about special teams. Hopefully we see some fireworks (good ones this time) next week, which is traditionally "the" week to watch.
Special teams are always a wild card during the preseason. So many younger 3rd, 4th & 5th team guys battling for a ST slot. A lot of them having little to no ST experience. That's always difficult to judge.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams are always a wild card during the preseason. So many younger 3rd, 4th & 5th team guys battling for a ST slot. A lot of them having little to no ST experience. That's always difficult to judge.

Fair enough, but I'm still gonna worry. Guess it's the remnants of some poor coverage in the past, not to mention the Denver game last year (I have nightmares about Shamark-nado). I know, I'm a pessimist, so don't mind me, bro. Here's hoping!
:suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I'm still gonna worry. Guess it's the remnants of some poor coverage in the past, not to mention the Denver game last year (I have nightmares about Shamark-nado). I know, I'm a pessimist, so don't mind me, bro. Here's hoping!
:suds:
I hear ya... I even bitched about the ST coverage units after the 1st preseason game, and after thinkin about it more I realized what I just told ya. Hard not to be overly critical when we're on the outside looking in.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
My biggest concern is if something should take Ben out for an extended period, Is Jones even possibly capable of running the offense.
It was a rather pathetic showing on Thurs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is if something should take Ben out for an extended period, Is Jones even possibly capable of running the offense.
It was a rather pathetic showing on Thurs.
Coaches seem content to rely on him... Seems absurd I know. Was hoping they were planning on grabbing a good FA. But that isn't to say that something isn't still in the works. They could be lining up trade offers or even waiting for cuts to start flooding the FA market.

We talked about the Chiefs having 5 QBs right now (Smith, Foles, Murray, Hogan, Bray). Doubt they will hold onto more than 3 of them. Murray could be a trade candidate after Hogan was drafted in the 5th round this year.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Sure, I suppose there is still time for a decent backup to shake out of the FA tree.
Just afraid as Ben gets older, he might be more prone to injury.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches seem content to rely on him... Seems absurd I know. Was hoping they were planning on grabbing a good FA. But that isn't to say that something isn't still in the works. They could be lining up trade offers or even waiting for cuts to start flooding the FA market.

We talked about the Chiefs having 5 QBs right now (Smith, Foles, Murray, Hogan, Bray). Doubt they will hold onto more than 3 of them. Murray could be a trade candidate after Hogan was drafted in the 5th round this year.

Considering they didn't bother to spend one draft pick on a QB, they had to feel pretty comfortable with Jones...but I can seem them maybe re-thinking that after seeing that game tape...now that I've heard Vaughn may have a thumb injury...I see a vet coming in if that's true...maybe regardless.