• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Colts @ Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at that injury report Colts have to feel a bit uneasy where they are health wise. Will be interesting to see which of those were just veteran day off more so than injury and which ones actually continue throughout the week. That secondary looks prime for getting picked on. Does Kubiak continue with his early aggressive play calling and put the ball in Siemian's hands to see how healthy that secondary is?

I guess how about this...If you were the coach. How would you gameplan to stop the Colts with our defense and how would you gameplan to attack their defense?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says DT does not play this week. Feels like it's more serious than they are letting on right now or at least DT think it more serious than the Broncos do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says DT does not play this week. Feels like it's more serious than they are letting on right now or at least DT think it more serious than the Broncos do.

From what I understand there were a couple of times after running routes or doing a drill that he was seen on the sideline punching that hip trying to get it to loosen up or let go. So you might be right. I'm just hoping they don't put him out there before he is ready. Probably shouldn't have been practicing today. Not like he actually needs the practices in my opinion. Let him go get treatment then ask him how it feels on Friday and make a decision. Let the young guys get the reps since they might be getting them on Sunday anyway.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly I feel if he's iffy, then sit him. Let's get him healthy before he starts playing again. If there is any doubt at all, don't even give him a jersey on Sunday. There is depth on this team. Not DT quality depth, but capable enough to not have to put our #1 receiver at risk.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff goes that extra mile .his second opinion must of agreed

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand there were a couple of times after running routes or doing a drill that he was seen on the sideline punching that hip trying to get it to loosen up or let go. So you might be right. I'm just hoping they don't put him out there before he is ready. Probably shouldn't have been practicing today. Not like he actually needs the practices in my opinion. Let him go get treatment then ask him how it feels on Friday and make a decision. Let the young guys get the reps since they might be getting them on Sunday anyway.

Big Al and DMac were speculating on the Fan today that DT is not right but is being pressured by the club to be on the field. They said he did not look good at practice and that they think the Broncos should sit him in the Colts game. Just speculation but they think the pressure from the Broncos to play is putting DT in an uncomfortable position with the coaching staff. We'll probably never know if there's even a hint of truth to this. Makes for good sports talk radio, I guess...

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say sit him if he is questionable. We need him more later in the season than a single game or two now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So listening this morning it sounds like he has a torn labrum. So what that means is a piece of cartilage in his hip has either torn off or is barely hanging on but causing pain. With this type of injury time does not heal the wound. Surgery to remove that piece floating around would be the only thing that actually fixes it. Now what they can do though is manage the pain for the season since it doesn't sound like it is a big tear that needs immediate surgery. They will just have to give him some pain meds before game time to be able to stand the pain on the field. I know that doesn't sound great and it really isn't but this is the type of injury that he can't really injure himself more and that he can play with. Just a matter of how much he really wants to play. Recovery from surgery would be about 12 weeks or about 3 months. So he would be back in time for the last few weeks of the season and maybe the playoff push but I doubt he would be all that effective considering his conditioning would be bad. So again it is a matter of does DT want to miss the entire season or wait until the off season and get the surgery and have his recovery during that time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just watched the Colts/Lions game. Few observations...

5) The Colts defense will be a bottom-10 unit in the NFL. They are not good at any level. The only pressure they got was when they had to send extra guys. That doesn't work great though because they can't hold up on the back end especially with Davis out for a while. And they are not great against the run. The Lions were the worst running team in the NFL last year and they actually looked like a competent team running the football. Honestly for the Broncos offense if they don't look great against the Colts either we executed terribly or we just are not as good as the 1st game indicated.

If I'm the Colts defense, I play just like Manning was the QB. Stack the box to take away the run, flood the underneath zones to force Seimian to throw past 7 yards. See if he can be accurate downfield. If he can, make adjustments at halftime but take away the dink and dunk throws that Sieman will look to make .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Colts defense, I play just like Manning was the QB. Stack the box to take away the run, flood the underneath zones to force Seimian to throw past 7 yards. See if he can be accurate downfield. If he can, make adjustments at halftime but take away the dink and dunk throws that Sieman will look to make .
That's exactly what they'll do and hopefully Trevor and company burn them early. Or Denver just overpowers them at the line and it don't matter how many they stack. I like both scenarios. Denver finally puts Colts away early and finishes it that way in this one. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Any coach would be an idiot to not make Siemian beat them and have to be accurate way down the field. So what I could see is very early in this game to set the tone the Broncos finally do a bootleg deep pass. We didn't see the bootleg in week 1 but you could see the Panthers were prepared for it. The back end guy held off from chasing the RB down the LOS. Very impressive discipline but now we have the Colts who I don't think have that same level of discipline. So gets Siemian out of the pocket and hopefully a very nice window to really challenge the Colts down the field and back them off early in the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news today from practice that DT looks much better and wasn't pounding on his hip trying to make it feel better. IF it is a torn labrum we could see this though of having some really good days where the piece floating around finds a good spot and then the very next day it moves and DT is in a lot of pain.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I am sure this was already posted but Fowler returned yesterday.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I am sure this was already posted but Fowler returned yesterday.

He still hasn't participated in team drills though. So I would say he is still a week away from contributing.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, I think Janovich plays big role in this one. Detroit really only ran ball to keep Indy honest and they still ran for over 100 yds. I expect Denver run game to actually work so well at start that it will set Trevor and wrs/ Backs to have some big gains in passing game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos and Colts had some bad news at practice today. Each team had a player that was not on the injury report yesterday show up today. For the Broncos Wolfe was very limited at practice with the stinger to his neck acting up. With Wolfe anything with neck injuries and spinal chord have to be concerning considering what happened to him earlier in his career. Still expect him on the field.

For the Colts they added TY Hilton to the injury list with a knee injury. So wondering if something happened at practice yesterday.

Beyond that injury wise Broncos continue to look like a pretty healthy team. DT was limited but looking better.

Now for the Colts they have a whole mess of injuries. Trent Cole did not practice for the 2nd day in a row and their other top pass rusher Mathis only practiced on a limited basis today. Vontae Davis most likely is out again this week. Patrick Robinson with a concussion has missed both practices so far this week. Darius Butler and Cromartie have both been limited with knee and ankle injuries. So almost every Corner on their roster has only practiced at a limited level so far. They are also banged up on the DL Henry Anderson, Kendall Langford, and Zach Kerr all missing time this week at practice. Heck even Andrew Luck made the injury report with his nagging shoulder injury.