• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Colts @ Broncos

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right now I can live with Siemian, but not sure he is the long term solution. That guy is carrying the clip board. We could do much worse then Siemian. Wasn't real pleased with him this game, but I also expected some up and down like you do with any young QB. So we will see how he develops going forward. You can tell though that he has the coaches respect. They come out passing with him. He just looks real nervous and lost inside the Red Zone. With more experience he can improve on that. He has to quit turning the ball over though. We have seen both good and bad, which was expected I suppose for just his second start.
He's no Jimmy Garoppolo thats for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our playoff run and the start of this season we have now held QB's to 108-207 passing, 1,305 yards, 3 TD's, and 5 Interceptions with a QB Rating of 66.6.

Meanwhile our defense has racked up 22 sacks, 56 QB hits, and forced 3 fumbles all while holding those teams to an average of 16.8 points. And these were not bottom feeding QB's. Just so impressed with our defense.

Just going back a week. Carolina has played in 19 games that were not against the Broncos. In those 19 games they have averaged an NFL best 32.9 points per game. Going against the Broncos now in 2 games they have 30 points total for the 2 games.

Broncos made it past the 40 yard line on the Colts side 7 of the 9 drives this past Sunday.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This screen shot is a big reason I am hoping the Lynch era starts soon. Siemian has done decent but there were just so many missed opportunities yesterday. That game honestly should have been a blow out with the Colts secondary pretty much all off the field with injuries...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget their are quite a few veteran qb's out there that have guided their respective teams to 0-2 and 1-1 starts. Denver and Trevor are 2-0 last I looked. Of course there is room for improvement. Better than the alternative. He's had two starts to his career. Pretty good. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This screen shot is a big reason I am hoping the Lynch era starts soon. Siemian has done decent but there were just so many missed opportunities yesterday. That game honestly should have been a blow out with the Colts secondary pretty much all off the field with injuries...

Here is Alex Smith 10 year pro but I agree Denver is winning (ugly and a little lucky) right now but is TS getting any better.

HwHs0tD.gif

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget their are quite a few veteran qb's out there that have guided their respective teams to 0-2 and 1-1 starts. Denver and Trevor are 2-0 last I looked. Of course there is room for improvement. Better than the alternative. He's had two starts to his career. Pretty good. :)
Pretty good for the Denver defense. Siemian, he's no Garoppalo.

We are 0-2 if our Defense isn't playing lights out so far this season.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has only given up 12 receptions to receivers through 2 games

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those veteran QB's don't exactly have our defense helping them out either. I'm not saying Siemian has been down right terrible. He has been serviceable. Just some things about this last game that really bothered me about him that make me believe his ceiling is not as high as many would hope. As long as we keep winning I'm fine with it but if I'm Kubiak I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the rookie either if a couple of losses show up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Alex Smith 10 year pro but I agree Denver is winning (ugly and a little lucky) right now but is TS getting any better.

HwHs0tD.gif

Honestly I was more impressed with his first game than his second game. Maybe it was because I had more expectations for him but his ball placement was terrible this last week. WR's/RB's were bailing him out with some really nice catches that worked out and gave him a nice completion percentage. I guess I just expected a lot more considering there will not be a worse secondary we play all year long than this past Sunday and our offense still struggled to complete passes especially in the red zone.

Now I realize we have a very small sample size so plenty of time for him to grow just think that eventually this winning formula the Broncos have right now won't be one for long. I love our defense and do think they can win us a lot of games but we need more than what we are getting from this offense. I realize there are a lot of new moving pieces so that will take some time, but man we missed some huge opportunities this last Sunday to really put this game away early.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I was more impressed with his first game than his second game. Maybe it was because I had more expectations for him but his ball placement was terrible this last week. WR's/RB's were bailing him out with some really nice catches that worked out and gave him a nice completion percentage. I guess I just expected a lot more considering there will not be a worse secondary we play all year long than this past Sunday and our offense still struggled to complete passes especially in the red zone.

Now I realize we have a very small sample size so plenty of time for him to grow just think that eventually this winning formula the Broncos have right now won't be one for long. I love our defense and do think they can win us a lot of games but we need more than what we are getting from this offense. I realize there are a lot of new moving pieces so that will take some time, but man we missed some huge opportunities this last Sunday to really put this game away early.

i like having a top 5 run game

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like having a top 5 run game

I do like our run game as well. So much better than anything we saw last year. The problem is that with an average at best passing game we are going to see struggles in the red zone continue. Everything tightens in the Red Zone and at least right now Siemian just doesn't seem comfortable trying to challenge for touchdowns in that zone. Because of that teams are a little more able to load the box to stop the run making it hard to finish off drives. From my count I watched Siemian on Sunday miss 2 very common throws in the Red Zone where the WR was open but just seemed like he was too afraid to make a mistake.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is with any player a bad day does not define you . Over all he is still rather good player .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is with any player a bad day does not define you . Over all he is still rather good player .

Well if one game cannot define a player then how can we really say he is a good player yet? I mean one game can't define him but 2 can? Again I'm not trying to hate on Siemian. I hope he improves and continues to win games as we go through the season. Just right now I think he has some accuracy issues (this goes beyond completing passes but ball placement), he has issues in the red zone, he has been a turnover machine so far.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms explained it in the game why Siemian will be a very solid QB . he is getting better each game ..Screens are some what of a problem But that can be some what fixed buy moving him in the pocket that will throw off the Defender ..

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our Defense, Denver's O needs to continue to run the ball and try to generate chunk yards. 10 play 80 yard drives like the one that ended with an INT are going to be real hard to score with. We need the 6 play 75 yard drive like the 2nd drive of the game but score dammit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say nobody here can honestly call Siemian a "bad" or "good" NFL QB yet.

Right now I'd say we see a little of both. Time will tell.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms explained it in the game why Siemian will be a very solid QB . he is getting better each game ..Screens are some what of a problem But that can be some what fixed buy moving him in the pocket that will throw off the Defender ..

I guess we saw that game very differently then. I thought his game against Carolina was much better. I thought his throws were much more on target and I thought he did a better job in the pocket and knowing when to move around. Yes he threw 2 interceptions and maybe had a couple of others that should have been picked off but he was a little more aggressive and maybe could have had a couple more touchdown passes in that game. I never thought this last week that he would throw a touchdown pass. His accuracy was just a bit off and he was just too scared to try and fit it into a tight window.

Again not saying he is a terrible QB. He just seems all over the board to me. Which yes a young QB you will expect some of that but I guess I just expect him to make a couple more plays that actually lead to points instead of making all his plays between the 20's and then becoming a shell of himself in the Red Zone. I know I"m being way too critical but this offense needs to figure out a few things if this season is going to continue to be a success.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with that . he is a very raw player .

The staff needs to find his best plays not all this is cut and dry ... I for one want to see more bootleg/Sprint right as a option with 3and 1 with the way the D is keying in on Anderson it will lead to TD's

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like him moving the pocket 30 to 40 % of the time..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like him moving the pocket 30 to 40 % of the time..

I would definitely be ok with this. Especially against the Bengals. I see them crashing down on those short throws so giving Siemian some more time moving out of the pocket and letting some double moves develop down the field could lead to some big time plays.