• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Colts @ Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always seems to be a tough game for us.

Colts secondary is very banged up right now. Be interesting to see who is in and who is out this week.

Good game to perhaps get our offense in rhythm. Challenging game for our defense.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to the game this week. I think it is a chance for both sides of the ball to prove themselves a little more. Tough outing for our defense and a good chance for the offense to bring it together a little more.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad this game is in Denver.

I think the Colts are perfect for this Bronco team - the exact team the Broncos were built to beat. Possession time will be an important factor as the Broncos run game - and ball possession game - will keep Luck off the field and out of rhythm.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad this game is in Denver.

I think the Colts are perfect for this Bronco team - the exact team the Broncos were built to beat. Possession time will be an important factor as the Broncos run game - and ball possession game - will keep Luck off the field and out of rhythm.
Just curious - have you ever had a negative thought?! :nono:

That's why you are so lovable!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious - have you ever had a negative thought?! :nono:

That's why you are so lovable!

Not about you!

So the Broncos won 48 regular season games in the last three years and I am a homer because I was optimistic about their chances over this period of time?

Maybe you update us all on the what the omens portent for this outcome.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck always plays his best against us. Colts have our number regardless of how they look. I expect them to magically heal up for us too

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not about you!

So the Broncos won 48 regular season games in the last three years and I am a homer because I was optimistic about their chances over this period of time?

Don't be so rough on the man. He has a point annnnd it was a compliment.

This world needs more positive people. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so rough on the man. He has a point annnnd it was a compliment.

This world needs more positive people. ;)

Like I said- I've never had a negative thought about Springstein!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off of significant injury from the Broncos game last year, I think Andrew Luck and the Colts coaching staff are going to be pretty preoccupied with worry about the Broncos defense. I think the nasty nature of our D will get into their heads a bit. I agree that this is the perfect opponent for our squad on Sunday to correct some of the mistakes made in Game 1 and get on track for a solid, long run this season. This is the game that we take down the Colts! Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier this year then most with LGM being out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just watched the Colts/Lions game. Few observations...

1) The Colts to me have no changed a thing from last year. Essentially the offense is spread a team out and have everybody go deep with one underneath route for the check down. So they are hoping that their OL holds up to give Luck enough time or at least for Luck to move around enough to make a play.

2) The run game looks like that of the Patriots. They run it just to make sure teams know they will do it every once in a while but it is not a dynamic part of their offense.

3) The Colts OL does look improved from last year but they are still not a top-10 unit in the NFL. How our Front-7 plays in this game will determine the outcome.

4) Unfortunately the one huge advantage the Colts have is that they love to throw to the TE's. Of course our struggles in the past have been going up against great TE's.

5) The Colts defense will be a bottom-10 unit in the NFL. They are not good at any level. The only pressure they got was when they had to send extra guys. That doesn't work great though because they can't hold up on the back end especially with Davis out for a while. And they are not great against the run. The Lions were the worst running team in the NFL last year and they actually looked like a competent team running the football. Honestly for the Broncos offense if they don't look great against the Colts either we executed terribly or we just are not as good as the 1st game indicated.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not about you!

well, if history is an omen - we are 2-8 vs the Colts since 2005. of course that history contained Peyton playing either against us or for us. :)

I almost (notice said almost) wish the Colts hadn't won yesterday. I'm not a fan of playing teams with some desperation as the Colts certainly can hardly afford to start 0-2 in a year with an obviously improved divisional foes.

I see us jumping out to a lead of 14-17 points and then hanging on to dear life in the 4th quarter. That seems to be the case playing Luck-led teams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if history is an omen - we are 2-8 vs the Colts since 2005. of course that history contained Peyton playing either against us or for us. :)

I almost (notice said almost) wish the Colts hadn't won yesterday. I'm not a fan of playing teams with some desperation as the Colts certainly can hardly afford to start 0-2 in a year with an obviously improved divisional foes.

I see us jumping out to a lead of 14-17 points and then hanging on to dear life in the 4th quarter. That seems to be the case playing Luck-led teams.

He is definitely deadly in the 4th quarter. Almost seems like he prefers to play from behind when the coaches finally just let him loose. Kind of reminds me of Elway's days with the Broncos where they would fall behind and the coaches would finally just give him control and he would find a way to get the win. If I were a coach just seems like if I had that type of player I would say from the get go just go get me the win and I will try to stay out of your way.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos like the 4th quarter too - so it should be a great game - glad it is in Denver.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things going Denver's way in this game. Incentive. Luck and Colts have pretty much owned Denver. Should help Denver be motivated. Getting Colts early in season. Seems the O-line and D get better as season progresses and that's when Denver plays them. Catching that team early should help a lot. Being at home has not seemed to help Denver vs Colts and Luck so not counting on that perceived advantage. Trevor over Manning. We have a Qb that can run. Colts haven't faced that vs Denver in awhile and their D will have to at least respect that now. Janovich. Colts will now see that formation more than they ever have vs Broncos. I also see a big day of run and pound possession game by Denver also. Denver wins " running " away. :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts always seem to play their best ball against the Broncos. I wonder if they got up for Manning. I hope that's what it was. It would be nice to see this Broncos team hand the Colts a beat down. I watched a good bit of that Lions @ Colts game yesterday and that Colts defense is nothing to get excited about. Yet it wouldn't surprise me to see them completely stymie the Broncos offense. The Broncos defense should be able to contain the Colts on offense; the Colts are not as good as the Panthers. Then again, it's the Colts so who knows what will happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts always seem to play their best ball against the Broncos. I wonder if they got up for Manning. I hope that's what it was. It would be nice to see this Broncos team hand the Colts a beat down. I watched a good bit of that Lions @ Colts game yesterday and that Colts defense is nothing to get excited about. Yet it wouldn't surprise me to see them completely stymie the Broncos offense. The Broncos defense should be able to contain the Colts on offense; the Colts are not as good as the Panthers. Then again, it's the Colts so who knows what will happen.

I think it could also be a little that the players around Manning knew how much this game meant to him and would push too hard as well. They would try to do more than their job and unfortunately that usually leads to a lot of mental errors. So honestly for this game it could be the best thing possible for Manning to be gone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are off today but some really good injury news. They are expecting Fowler, Sambrailo, and DT to all be active in this next game. Right now Schofield will keep the RG spot but the coaches have said that Sambrailo and him will be competing. Honestly though I love Schofield at the RG spot. I thought he did excellent in the game on Sunday and some of our best runs of the night came running through the hole right behind him. For a guy that has taken as much flack as any player I can remember other than Rahim Moore he has really kept his head about him and worked hard to get better.