• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Colts @ Broncos

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this matchup for Denver at all. For whatever reason, the Colts just have our number. Even last year they gave our defense fits. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I still don't think Von has registered a sack on Luck. I think the Colts might put up the most points on our defense all season.

I do want to see what our offense can do against that defense. They should be able to run the ball even better than they did last week, and hopefully Siemian can cut down on those mistakes he had last week. The Colts don't have much of a pass rush, so the line should be able to keep Siemian mostly clean.

Ideally, the Broncos offense controls the clock and doesn't turn it over. That gives the defense some rest and allows them to really get after Luck. Gotta be careful, though, because after all the ridiculous talk about the Broncos "headhunting" last week, I'd imagine the officials will be ready to throw the flag on anything that looks remotely close.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though I love Schofield at the RG spot. I thought he did excellent in the game on Sunday and some of our best runs of the night came running through the hole right behind him. For a guy that has taken as much flack as any player I can remember other than Rahim Moore he has really kept his head about him and worked hard to get better.

In the past we have discussed players needing to add strength on as they grow older from transitioning from childhood to adulthood. I think Schofield is a prime example of that and why it takes some players 2-4 years in the league to become effective players. His body just was not ready prior to now. Some people can sit there and workout and workout and they never gain the muscle they need to till a certain point and then all of a sudden it comes. Schofield seems to finally have gotten to that point, if I remember correctly he looked he had gained a bit of muscle this offseason and got rid of some of the doughy look he had before in the pictures I saw of him at camp.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past we have discussed players needing to add strength on as they grow older from transitioning from childhood to adulthood. I think Schofield is a prime example of that and why it takes some players 2-4 years in the league to become effective players. His body just was not ready prior to now. Some people can sit there and workout and workout and they never gain the muscle they need to till a certain point and then all of a sudden it comes. Schofield seems to finally have gotten to that point, if I remember correctly he looked he had gained a bit of muscle this offseason and got rid of some of the doughy look he had before in the pictures I saw of him at camp.

I agree. We have seen plenty especially along the OL that just need time to really develop. Not only strength but to for the first time possibly in their career learn technique for the position. I also think moving inside was a great move for Schofield. Adding strength is great but really his biggest weakness last year in my opinion was against speed rushers he lost all technique trying to beat them to the edge so all it took was a good punch to his chest to throw him to the side leaving the inside lane wide open to the QB. He doesn't have to worry as much about that type of speed on the inside and he gets to work in a smaller window helping him keep his technique at a higher quality.

Really after one game I am just impressed by the growth of all 3 interior guys for being 2nd and 3rd year players. Paradis graded out as the best OL player in the entire NFL week 1. Garcia seems to be our power guy when we need that 1 yard gain just run it right behind him with Janovich running behind him as well. Then Schofield just seemed like that all around guy that did well both pass blocking and getting the playside shoulder of the DL he was to be blocking.

I also loved the timing of our combo blocks. They did well to hold the player and let the backside OL get around then shed to the 2nd level. Honestly when this system works it is poetry in motion and we saw that pretty consistently week 1. Hopefully they can grow from that even more.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder: This is only game 2 of Kuwade against Colts.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that, in the past, The Manning Factor might have worked against the Broncos - esp in the first game back in Indy a few years ago . .

There was so much focus on the "Manning vs The Colts", and it seemed to be in his head ... That playoff game two years ago was a perfect example - actually, the entire team, top to bottom was bad - which thankfully lead to Fox's leaving ..

This is a different team, with a entirely new bit of success under it's belt

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is if the Broncos get up early - say 24-3 before the half, and Luck gets in that desperation mode and starts to put up some points, putting pressure on our O to sustain drives ..

Also, the D taking penalties, or, the game being called differently than last week

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a different team, with a entirely new bit of success under it's belt

Absolutely agree with this statement and I love the direction this team has taken under Kubiak. We went from a finesse team to a team that will punch you in the mouth. During the game on Thursday Michelle Tafoya was saying how Rivera had said that they were not going to let Denver intimidate them and they wanted to punch them in the mouth first. Later in the game this thought came back to me and all I could think was yeah, just like a bully the Panther's wanted to throw the first punch, they just could not take the punches back.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree with this statement and I love the direction this team has taken under Kubiak. We went from a finesse team to a team that will punch you in the mouth. During the game on Thursday Michelle Tafoya was saying how Rivera had said that they were not going to let Denver intimidate them and they wanted to punch them in the mouth first. Later in the game this thought came back to me and all I could think was yeah, just like a bully the Panther's wanted to throw the first punch, they just could not take the punches back.

That is the great thing about the Broncos is they don't mind getting punched in the mouth early. It doesn't deter them from staying in the game. Carolina gave them their best first punch. Scoring 17 in the 1st half, forcing turnovers, and at one point really getting the crowd out of the game. The Broncos adjusted and punched right back and watched the Panthers crumble when it happened.

And I don't think the Colts have quite the team to deliver the type of punch that Carolina could. Now having said all that still this game has me a bit nervous. The Colts have won 8 of the last 9 games against the Broncos. They seem to be the one team that has us figured out whether we are at home or away.

Also Kubiak has not exactly had the best success against them either when he was down in Houston. Now given most of those games he was going against Peyton Manning where not many teams had great success anyway. I'm just hoping what the Broncos do is they go watch what the Patriots do every time they play the Colts. They know that front-7 is weak against the run and they just pound the football all game long at them. I can't wait to watch Janovich really make those linebackers not want to hit the hole knowing he is flying up the middle. We saw with a Pro Bowl linebacker in Thomas Davis last week that he started getting a little hesitant by the end of the game knowing our FB was coming at him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch for multiple roughing the passer fouls on Luck. After Thursday night, I bet the refs protect Luck a little better than Cam even though both run Luck is more QB than RB. NFL have already amended

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We have seen plenty especially along the OL that just need time to really develop. Not only strength but to for the first time possibly in their career learn technique for the position. I also think moving inside was a great move for Schofield. Adding strength is great but really his biggest weakness last year in my opinion was against speed rushers he lost all technique trying to beat them to the edge so all it took was a good punch to his chest to throw him to the side leaving the inside lane wide open to the QB. He doesn't have to worry as much about that type of speed on the inside and he gets to work in a smaller window helping him keep his technique at a higher quality.

Really after one game I am just impressed by the growth of all 3 interior guys for being 2nd and 3rd year players. Paradis graded out as the best OL player in the entire NFL week 1. Garcia seems to be our power guy when we need that 1 yard gain just run it right behind him with Janovich running behind him as well. Then Schofield just seemed like that all around guy that did well both pass blocking and getting the playside shoulder of the DL he was to be blocking.

I also loved the timing of our combo blocks. They did well to hold the player and let the backside OL get around then shed to the 2nd level. Honestly when this system works it is poetry in motion and we saw that pretty consistently week 1. Hopefully they can grow from that even more.

So much yes. Schofield really has improved. He had a horrible game he was not ready for, against a top 4 defensive player in football, where his coaches did not give him any help. Also honestly I think he was playing on a bum ankle as well? But he looks great at guard where his lateral speed is not as important. And he is quick/strong enough to move inside at guard to get to the second level pretty effectively or offer a double with the center. Just one game but Schofield looked great at RG.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really was one of the better blocked games I have seen from us in a while. Felt like I was watching Iowa running the ball haha love the dominant ground game with great physical blocking. We keep our offense relative to that with this defense and we can win a crap ton of games. Our division is very tough this year though.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah. Just need our pass game to start to open up and our offense could be solid... we shall see siemian.

Also did anyone see any of Wentz' plays this weekend? Granted it was the browns, but man he has some game to him.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the great thing about the Broncos is they don't mind getting punched in the mouth early. It doesn't deter them from staying in the game. Carolina gave them their best first punch. Scoring 17 in the 1st half, forcing turnovers, and at one point really getting the crowd out of the game. The Broncos adjusted and punched right back and watched the Panthers crumble when it happened.

And I don't think the Colts have quite the team to deliver the type of punch that Carolina could. Now having said all that still this game has me a bit nervous. The Colts have won 8 of the last 9 games against the Broncos. They seem to be the one team that has us figured out whether we are at home or away.

Also Kubiak has not exactly had the best success against them either when he was down in Houston. Now given most of those games he was going against Peyton Manning where not many teams had great success anyway. I'm just hoping what the Broncos do is they go watch what the Patriots do every time they play the Colts. They know that front-7 is weak against the run and they just pound the football all game long at them. I can't wait to watch Janovich really make those linebackers not want to hit the hole knowing he is flying up the middle. We saw with a Pro Bowl linebacker in Thomas Davis last week that he started getting a little hesitant by the end of the game knowing our FB was coming at him.

I hear all of this noise about our recent record with the Colts, but I have to wonder one thing: How much did this D get into Luck's head last year?

Remember, this D put Luck into the hospital they beat him up so bad. Is he really wanting to get beat that bad again? Is he going to put as much into this game like that game? Is he going to be able to get that bugaboo that is crawling around in his head out? What about after the first few hits that just keep coming play after play after play after play? Should the Colts pull him if the same thing is happening? If I am Pagano I do. It is just one game and this D is built to do that to people. Ask Cam, ask Brady, ask Roethlisberger, ask Luck. It has to be on their minds the week they play the Broncos and in their heads they having to be saying fuck, not this again! Run up the white flag, I surrender!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear all of this noise about our recent record with the Colts, but I have to wonder one thing: How much did this D get into Luck's head last year?

Remember, this D put Luck into the hospital they beat him up so bad. Is he really wanting to get beat that bad again? Is he going to put as much into this game like that game? Is he going to be able to get that bugaboo that is crawling around in his head out? What about after the first few hits that just keep coming play after play after play after play? Should the Colts pull him if the same thing is happening? If I am Pagano I do. It is just one game and this D is built to do that to people. Ask Cam, ask Brady, ask Roethlisberger, ask Luck. It has to be on their minds the week they play the Broncos and in their heads they having to be saying fuck, not this again! Run up the white flag, I surrender!

I hope this is the case. Now it could go the other way of this is the week that they injured our star QB or Luck thinking he wants revenge for how bad they hurt him. The closer the game gets the more comfortable I am getting with our chances. They don't have the secondary they had last year that shut down our pass game and with us having a much stronger run game than last year I just like our chances for this offense to move the ball and win the TOP keeping Luck out of rhythm plus keeping our defense well rested.

Also from the quotes I have been reading this week it sounds like the Colts are really going to sell out on stopping the run. Sanders and DT are going to have a ton of 1-on-1 opportunities. I like their chances to win those battles. Especially knowing that Vontae Davis is out for this game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah. Just need our pass game to start to open up and our offense could be solid... we shall see siemian.

Also did anyone see any of Wentz' plays this weekend? Granted it was the browns, but man he has some game to him.

I've watched some of the game. He definitely looked good. Quite a few of his completions though were to wide open WR's. That was terrible defensive playcalling by the Browns and even worse execution. Also what the heck has happened to Haden? He went from one of the top-5 Corners to one of the worst in the league in a hurry.

Also I will say the coaches with Wentz did a great job playcalling. Really mixed it up with him sometimes moving out of the pocket. He had a lot of quick out or quick slants to get it out of his hands in a hurry. Then when the opportunity was there was willing to throw deep and see what happens. Very impressed with the coaches on that one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news for the Broncos...They had 100% participation at practice today. Fowler still had an arm brace on but was practicing. Good to see the team getting really healthy and our OL especially doesn't look quite as bad depth wise with Sambrailo and Weems both back.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news for the Broncos...They had 100% participation at practice today. Fowler still had an arm brace on but was practicing. Good to see the team getting really healthy and our OL especially doesn't look quite as bad depth wise with Sambrailo and Weems both back.
DT was limited , Fowler did not practice according to Kubes just now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT was limited , Fowler did not practice according to Kubes just now.

Fowler practiced just not in the team drills and DT did about 1/3rd of the regular reps. So yes limited but still had 100% of the players at least practice in some form today. Better than last week where Sambrailo, Heuerman, and Fowler all did not practice 4 days before the game. Honestly at this point I wouldn't mind if Fowler still waited another week. Even with DT injured I think we would be ok at the position. Have to run some more 2-TE sets but I think we can make it work.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucxas

I said from get go Wenz was the best QB in the draft then Lynch IMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3