• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Colts @ Broncos

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ..

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we did only have 3 total offensive possessions in the 2nd half. being how much we dominated in possession in the first half, i would assume we would have punched a possession in

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have criticized Talib as over rated recently, but he is right up there with Dion Sanders for interceptions returned for a TD. The guy is uncanny with the football in his hands. His teammates like to block for him too.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we saw that game very differently then. I thought his game against Carolina was much better. I thought his throws were much more on target and I thought he did a better job in the pocket and knowing when to move around. Yes he threw 2 interceptions and maybe had a couple of others that should have been picked off but he was a little more aggressive and maybe could have had a couple more touchdown passes in that game. I never thought this last week that he would throw a touchdown pass. His accuracy was just a bit off and he was just too scared to try and fit it into a tight window.

Again not saying he is a terrible QB. He just seems all over the board to me. Which yes a young QB you will expect some of that but I guess I just expect him to make a couple more plays that actually lead to points instead of making all his plays between the 20's and then becoming a shell of himself in the Red Zone. I know I"m being way too critical but this offense needs to figure out a few things if this season is going to continue to be a success.

If you think about it, even this is a pretty stellar improvement over last year's offense. Last year's offense would go 3 and out over and over again, or turn the ball over and put the enemy in scoring position. This offense allows the defense to stay fresh by picking up some yards, and all their turnovers have come setting up a long field for the defense. While that is frustrating because it erases a scoring opportunity it saved the team's bacon in week 1 when the defense was able to get the stop on 2 of those three turnovers. In what turned out to be a 1 point game, that's pretty significant.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think about it, even this is a pretty stellar improvement over last year's offense. Last year's offense would go 3 and out over and over again, or turn the ball over and put the enemy in scoring position. This offense allows the defense to stay fresh by picking up some yards, and all their turnovers have come setting up a long field for the defense. While that is frustrating because it erases a scoring opportunity it saved the team's bacon in week 1 when the defense was able to get the stop on 2 of those three turnovers. In what turned out to be a 1 point game, that's pretty significant.

And I am grateful that this has been the case. Honestly yes I see a huge improvement by our offense over last year's unit. Last year anything over 3rd and 5 I just figured we would not pick it up. Siemian has done a great job of keeping some drives alive with either his feet or his arm that last year wouldn't have happened. So again I see the positives that Siemian brings to the game. I'm just wanting to see our offense put a game together where we actually turn a couple of those long drives into touchdowns. I'm sure the defense is appreciative of the long drives that eat up a lot of clock and I"m sure they like that if there is a turnover it isn't a short field for them to defend. Just I'm sure they wouldn't mind also seeing the offense put the game away early where they can pin their ears back and get after the QB. Look at the past 2 weeks when the opposing team was forced into throwing situations. Von Miller and company destroyed them.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those veteran QB's don't exactly have our defense helping them out either. I'm not saying Siemian has been down right terrible. He has been serviceable. Just some things about this last game that really bothered me about him that make me believe his ceiling is not as high as many would hope. As long as we keep winning I'm fine with it but if I'm Kubiak I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the rookie either if a couple of losses show up.
Well let's see..... Cards, Panthers, Jets, 1-1...Seattle 0-2 . Top ranked D's. Wonder if Lynch would have been Qb in both these games and had same stats, you would be as disappointed in his play. Or would you say he's just a rookie, growing pains, etc which is kind of where Trevor sits right now basically. Funny. :)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see..... Cards, Panthers, Jets, 1-1...Seattle 0-2 . Top ranked D's. Wonder if Lynch would have been Qb in both these games and had same stats, you would be as disappointed in his play. Or would you say he's just a rookie, growing pains, etc which is kind of where Trevor sits right now basically. Funny. :)

Seattle is 1-1.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying I would be happy with Lynch either. The thing Lynch has going for him though is when the play breaks down he has superior athleticism. So with him especially around the red zone I guess I just expect him to be able to make a few more plays that Siemian cannot at this time. I have said over and over that I am more than willing to ride with Siemian for a while. 3 turnovers in 2 games though when we have said all along what we need from the QB is no turnovers just doesn't cut it for me. And they have been on throws that while some have tried to justify away are ones that he did not read the defense well or did not make a good pass. He is not a QB with great touch so those screens like that are not going to be a strength of his until he learns it because defenses can close those windows way too quickly and without getting them over the top are leaving the Broncos vulnerable for a couple of game changing plays in a bad way.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have criticized Talib as over rated recently, but he is right up there with Dion Sanders for interceptions returned for a TD. The guy is uncanny with the football in his hands. His teammates like to block for him too.
He should be our PR

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I would be happy with Lynch either. The thing Lynch has going for him though is when the play breaks down he has superior athleticism. So with him especially around the red zone I guess I just expect him to be able to make a few more plays that Siemian cannot at this time. I have said over and over that I am more than willing to ride with Siemian for a while. 3 turnovers in 2 games though when we have said all along what we need from the QB is no turnovers just doesn't cut it for me. And they have been on throws that while some have tried to justify away are ones that he did not read the defense well or did not make a good pass. He is not a QB with great touch so those screens like that are not going to be a strength of his until he learns it because defenses can close those windows way too quickly and without getting them over the top are leaving the Broncos vulnerable for a couple of game changing plays in a bad way.
Siemian is fortunate to only have three INT's so far. The way I see it, so far we have Blaine Gabbert with fewer TD's but a few more completions.

I just have the feeling we are already seeing Siemian's ceiling. A good chunk of Siemian's yards Sunday came from extraordinary efforts from receivers. He definitely needs to be more consistent. I just wonder if he has it in him.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident in saying that if Lynch had started the last two games we would not be 2-0 from what I saw in preseason from his lack of technique in the lower half to his lack of understanding of the playbook overall. I think we make it to the bye week with TS (we are winning) and reevaluate from there. Siemian has some mistakes. He is a tad late on some throws and has missed some guys. Also seems to be having a hard time with throwing guys open and instead is late with the ball, releasing it as they open up instead of a second before. Our offense is def better than last year but its hard to say how much of that is on the QB. I am fine riding it with Siemian as long as we can. The more time Lynch has the better for him and us imo.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident in saying that if Lynch had started the last two games we would not be 2-0 from what I saw in preseason from his lack of technique in the lower half to his lack of understanding of the playbook overall. I think we make it to the bye week with TS (we are winning) and reevaluate from there. Siemian has some mistakes. He is a tad late on some throws and has missed some guys. Also seems to be having a hard time with throwing guys open and instead is late with the ball, releasing it as they open up instead of a second before. Our offense is def better than last year but its hard to say how much of that is on the QB. I am fine riding it with Siemian as long as we can. The more time Lynch has the better for him and us imo.
That's is a good observation ( Trevor throwing to late ) and staring down wrs at times that bugs me but hopefully with more experience/ confidence, he will adjust. Can't tell you how many times I've watched other qbs with much more experience do that and I just can't believe after 4 or more years in league they still have that bad habit as well as throwing pass after wr makes his cut instead of before. The good ones will correct this and hopefully TS does so as well and improves with each game. The touch on his throws should improve as he gains the experience too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's is a good observation ( Trevor throwing to late ) and staring down wrs at times that bugs me but hopefully with more experience/ confidence, he will adjust. Can't tell you how many times I've watched other qbs with much more experience do that and I just can't believe after 4 or more years in league they still have that bad habit as well as throwing pass after wr makes his cut instead of before. The good ones will correct this and hopefully TS does so as well and improves with each game. The touch on his throws should improve as he gains the experience too.

Touch is honestly the one part of his game I worry about the most. I've watched quite a few of his college games, his preseason games, and of course these 2 games this year and touch has never really been a part of his game. He has always thrown a bit of a flatter ball than many QB's. He has a rocket arm which honestly allows him to throw into windows that not many QB's can but I'm just worried using baseball terms that he has the heater and not much else. I'm sure it will improve some but just seems like that deep ball or ability to throw to the corner of the end zone is something you have or you don't.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart fined again for hitting a QB late. This has got to stop . No reason for the hit this time as Luck was sliding right in front of Talib

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart fined again for hitting a QB late. This has got to stop . No reason for the hit this time as Luck was sliding right in front of Talib

I really don't mind the players being aggressive but there is definitely a difference between being aggressive and being stupid. So far in these first two games we have had a big time mix of both. The 12 men on the field. Maybe the worst was this last week after a big play for some reason TJ Ward took his sweet time getting back and got a huge off sides penalty down in the Red Zone. Stewart has just been over aggressive at times. Honestly this last penalty to me was much worse than his penalty week 1. Week 1 yes he went a bit too high but Cam also ducked a bit as Stewart was coming in for a big hit. Not his smartest play to just dive with his head down like that at Cam but this last one you had to know Luck was going to slide with Talib closing in on him and no reason to dive at him like that. Just stupid penalty that leads to a lot of extra yards that could come back to bite this team eventually.

We did have some of the same problem early last year. Seemed like as the year went on those type of stupid penalties got cleaned up.