• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - 49ers

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D looked real good, but it was against kaep

The sacks/pressure was nice, but as you said it was Kaep...to their credit, he is not easy to get on the ground, but he holds it a tad longer than Brady...I was more impressed with the run stopping and putting the 49ers into 3rd and passing a lot...that kinda took them out of their game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they actually looked really good, i just think kaep sucks, but they looked wry with potential

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post game review. I have not explored streaming yet, but will get to it later.

Played golf early and stopped by a friend's on the way home...and whatta ya know...he had DTV and tkt so I got to see a good bit of the game.

The good.

DEF...the front 7 dominated the LOS for the most part...Hyde did not have much room to work with...Kaep was playing 3rd and 5+ most of the game and that's not what they wanted to do...Kaep hangs on to the ball longer than Brady, so the pressure we saw last week resulted in sacks and QB hits this week...Idk how much credit to give the DEF because it was Kaep, but the run stuffing was major.

The bad.

DEF...still getting burnt deep...Will Allen we know is just filling a gap, but that was too easy....Mitchell played much better...I see Ross Cockrell was on the field...we'll have to watch this C. Allen knee thing...if he continues to have problems I think this might be his last year in PIT.

The good.

OFC...great balance, pretty much everything worked...running game, passing game, RZ...just need to repeat that effort. It's starting to look as if Archer might finally get released to make room for Bell this week...zero touches yesterday.

Todman got a carry, he's probably going to stick as RB3 and with DHB filling in well for Bryant and Coates or Murphy is mostly the next man up @ WR so I don't see a spot for him there. Unusual for 2 FBs, but Nix is making plays on ST...Murphy has more upside with his versatility...we'll have to see who goes today.

Bell...I would not give him a full load this week...I would split the carries with Williams vs STL and ease him back in a full load in week 5 vs BAL at home.

1-1...fair start. Rams up next.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archer was such a waste said it from the beginning

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think between bell and williams we have a very good back field .. wiliams has dome a great job for us and that counts for something in my book .. if we alternate these two and keep them both fresh our ground game is going to be great

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid recap, Face-Lee-Us - and thanks for the welcome in the other thread. I was thinking about posting my own recap today but it looks like it would be largely redundant as you hit on all of the key points. (I was under the weather to the extent of being a near walking corpse the past few days, although the Steelers smackdown of the 9ers did wonders to revive me.)

A couple of things I'll at least comment on:

Shazier - this kid is turning into something special. He was all over the field yesterday making plays and being disruptive. I hope he stays healthy because a Timmons-Shazier tandem on the inside will be downright nasty if he continues to play the way he has.

Brown - best receiver in football right now. *Takes off homer glasses* Nope, he's still the best receiver in football right now. :p

Ben - you can't ask for more than that out of your perennially underrated franchise QB. Ben has been a top 5 quarterback for most of his career and I've stood by ranking him that high even when others were catapulting unaccomplished and ultimately overrated guys like Andrew Luck ahead of him. Andrew Luck is a great quarterback but he has no business being ranked ahead of Ben without any hardware and with largely inferior overall stats (completion %, passer rating, YPA, TD% - the stats that can be compared between two QBs with a significantly different amount of time in the league).

D-Will - great acquisition who really stepped up to exceed even my wildest expectations. 2nd in rushing yards, 1st in rushing TDs. I can't even dream of better fill-in production than that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think between bell and williams we have a very good back field .. wiliams has dome a great job for us and that counts for something in my book .. if we alternate these two and keep them both fresh our ground game is going to be great

Agreed...idk if Haley will do it or not, but a 60/40 type split on the work load can work imo as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid recap, Face-Lee-Us - and thanks for the welcome in the other thread. I was thinking about posting my own recap today but it looks like it would be largely redundant as you hit on all of the key points. (I was under the weather to the extent of being a near walking corpse the past few days, although the Steelers smackdown of the 9ers did wonders to revive me.)

A couple of things I'll at least comment on:

Shazier - this kid is turning into something special. He was all over the field yesterday making plays and being disruptive. I hope he stays healthy because a Timmons-Shazier tandem on the inside will be downright nasty if he continues to play the way he has.

Brown - best receiver in football right now. *Takes off homer glasses* Nope, he's still the best receiver in football right now. :p

Ben - you can't ask for more than that out of your perennially underrated franchise QB. Ben has been a top 5 quarterback for most of his career and I've stood by ranking him that high even when others were catapulting unaccomplished and ultimately overrated guys like Andrew Luck ahead of him. Andrew Luck is a great quarterback but he has no business being ranked ahead of Ben without any hardware and with largely inferior overall stats (completion %, passer rating, YPA, TD% - the stats that can be compared between two QBs with a significantly different amount of time in the league).

D-Will - great acquisition who really stepped up to exceed even my wildest expectations. 2nd in rushing yards, 1st in rushing TDs. I can't even dream of better fill-in production than that.

I missed out on the welcoming party Steeler King, but I'll take this time to welcome you aboard the Hoop!

Shazier...I said he would have a lot more splash plays this year...still concerned about him getting nicked up (I think he left this game with a shoulder)...On top of him...Dupree is showing more promise early than I was expecting. I think we'll see Colbert/Tomlin lean a little more towards athletic ability in conjunction with college tape. Admittedly they went mostly off the college tape picking JJ and they're finding out even in the SEC...that might not be a great idea.

Brown might be the most dynamic player in the league both getting open and once the ball is inhis hands.

Ben...I never put a whole of stock in the rankings...Luck is a great talent and think I lot of people still factor potential when they talk about him largely because he really hasn't done much yet as you said.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analyses, gang.

I didn't see yesterday's game. I was in a fishing derby, and the rest of the guys in the boat were Brownies fans, so y'all can guess which game was on the radio. I only got to catch the 4th quarter on the car radio, on the way home.

(It really tells you something, that there's a Steelers Radio Network station so deep in Browns country...care to guess who the SECOND most popular team around here is? I'll give you a hint: Black-n-...).

Anyway, having missed the game, I appreciate the recaps. :yo: