• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 @ Browns

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Garrett probably out for the game. Typical start to the Browns season.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all the Philly games that I never want! They are the NFC, and Fox shows them every week.

But the Steelers and the Ravens are AFC, and CBS has to defer to the Ravens.
Do you get any of the DC stations??? Living within the Balt & DC TV markets (the last 20 years - 3.5 years in Hawaii) I get duplicates for all the Networks. 1 Balt & 1 DC channel for each. The DC channels show Steeler games when Balt or the Skins aren't on at the same time. So I get to see a lot of non-national Steelers' games. I used to live South of Balt/North of DC but now live North of Balt. I'm not too far from Philly & Delaware now either so, I'm slightly surprised the cable co. doesn't carry Philly & Del stations too but there's probably some law against too many local channel cause heaven forbid somebody gets real choices and some local channel get's screwed out of a few dollar of ad revenue for ads I fast forward thru since I DVR most shows I really want to see anyway.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you get any of the DC stations??? Living within the Balt & DC TV markets (the last 20 years - 3.5 years in Hawaii) I get duplicates for all the Networks. 1 Balt & 1 DC channel for each. The DC channels show Steeler games when Balt or the Skins aren't on at the same time. So I get to see a lot of non-national Steelers' games. I used to live South of Balt/North of DC but now live North of Balt. I'm not too far from Philly & Delaware now either so, I'm slightly surprised the cable co. doesn't carry Philly & Del stations too.
Nope.

Also, here is a handy tool to see what markets are getting what games:

506 Sports - NFL Maps: Week 1, 2017

DC will have Baltimore this week.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest/craziest thing on that map is Western MD folks getting the Steeler game while the Harrisburg area gets the Ravens.
They are like Wheeling, they think they are a Pittsburgh suburb.

And their station is far enough away from Baltimore that they don't have to put up with that horseshit.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are like Wheeling, they think they are a Pittsburgh suburb.

And their station is far enough away from Baltimore that they don't have to put up with that horseshit.
My mother is from Western MD. I spent a lot of time at my grandparents house in Frostburg when I was growing up. So I know that they get Pittsburgh, Johnstown, Altoona, Frederick, Hagerstown and a few Balt TV stations. Most of 'em root for the Steelers, Pirates, Orioles, Pens and Redskins. The all loved the Colts til Ursay stabbed them in the back. The Ravens are a Cleveland team to them and they all hate Cleveland.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you get any of the DC stations??? Living within the Balt & DC TV markets (the last 20 years - 3.5 years in Hawaii) I get duplicates for all the Networks. 1 Balt & 1 DC channel for each. The DC channels show Steeler games when Balt or the Skins aren't on at the same time. So I get to see a lot of non-national Steelers' games. I used to live South of Balt/North of DC but now live North of Balt. I'm not too far from Philly & Delaware now either so, I'm slightly surprised the cable co. doesn't carry Philly & Del stations too but there's probably some law against too many local channel cause heaven forbid somebody gets real choices and some local channel get's screwed out of a few dollar of ad revenue for ads I fast forward thru since I DVR most shows I really want to see anyway.

When I lived in NJ (central) we got NYC, Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC, and also the Philly local networks...so you would think in Harrisburg he would get PHI and PIT networks, but I do understand proximity and TV markets, but a MD team being priority over a PA team for a PA resident just doesn't sound right.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Garrett probably out for the game. Typical start to the Browns season.
Garrett out, and they released Pryor. That's 2 starting defenders lost in the week before the regular season starts. Wow

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett out, and they released Pryor. That's 2 starting defenders lost in the week before the regular season starts. Wow

I think read somewhere in that link Pryor was running 2nd team and maybe subpkg...still sucks, but we can feel sorry for them on Monday.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't practice today... Not an encouraging sign even if he claims he's going to play. Don't really need him for the Browns, but we definitely need him this season. I'd love for my boy Chickillo to get the start!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't practice today... Not an encouraging sign even if he claims he's going to play. Don't really need him for the Browns, but we definitely need him this season. I'd love for my boy Chickillo to get the start!

If Bud is dinged up and it appears he's got a shoulder and ankle issue going...yeah start Chick, sit Bud. He's saying he's going to play so next week this should not be a concern if he sits out this week.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was nice
Browns gonna Brown.

Shit I'm surprised the team spent the money to paint in the end zones. The Browns offense doesn't know what a TD is.