• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 @ Browns

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Steeler Nation!!!

Week 1 is finally here. For us, this past offseason has had a whirlwind of activity, easily the most aggressive we've seen the FO in many years.

The Browns are up first, 1-15 from a year ago, CLE has been working towards this week probably for longer than any team. The Brownies ranked 31st on OFC and 30th DEF so I'm sure second year head coach Hue Jackson figures to be somewhat better than LY. They revamped their OL with some nice additions during FA. They already had a decent RB tandem in Crowell and Duke Johnson...to that passing game they add Kenny Britt, to go with soph standout...Corey Coleman and rookie TE, Njoku. It does appear that CLE will be starting rookie QB, DeShone Kizer.

On DEF...The Browns get #1 overall pick DE Myles Garrett, also Jabrill Peppers from MICH. Both are listed ast 1st team so I expect to see a lot of both of them.

Injuries

1st game out, you like this to be very lean list...we won't see anything official until Thurs I guess, but going on what I have been reading, on OFC, I think it does look as if all the starters will be available to play.

DEF...Mike Mitchell is the only starter that has been mentioned. He hasn't played at all in the preseason but it looks as if he's a full participant in practice the last day or so...we'll have to follow that.

Outcome...I think these teams have different agendas for this season. The Browns will be fighting for respectability, and the Steelers fighting for the DIV and hopefully greater things. Garrett vs AVill, this will be a key matchup to watch. Ogbah has some pass rush skills on the other side, but Gilbert should be ready.

I'm curious how the one year older DEF plays in this game, but I think the Steelers just have too much OFC & DEF and will win by 7+.

27-17...Steelers.

What say you?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns can pull off the upset if the NFL suspends all 53 steeler players for the game. The start of the season is when I really miss drinking.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns can pull off the upset if the NFL suspends all 53 steeler players for the game. The start of the season is when I really miss drinking.
You should either start drinking again, or quit watching football.

Sobriety and watching the Browns don't go together.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should either start drinking again, or quit watching football.

Sobriety and watching the Browns don't go together.

laughingsmiley.gif

Can I root for the Steelers this year?:noidea:

On second thought I'd rather start drinking again.:suds:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From looking at the depth chart, seems pretty self explanatory and consistent. I feel like we are gonna have an issue with kick returns. Rookies and kick returns usually don't mix well but we will see. Can we please get Antonio away from returning punts?

Anyway, I'm confident in this game. The Browns have improved but I believe not enough to beat the Steelers right now. I'm guessing around 25 carries for Le'Veon, probably some decent carries for James Conner. It will be interesting to see Joe Haden covering his former teammates. I think it's interesting to see DHB ahead of Hunter on the depth chart. I feel like Hunter shined brighter through the preseason but what do I know haha.

My prediction: Steelers 30 Browns 17

1-0 on the stairway to 7 baby!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man o man did I miss seein these beautfiul threads... So happy the season is finally here!!!!

Offense... They should be looking for blood on Sunday. First game, first AFC game, first divisional matchup... Time to tear them a new one & make a statement. With the amount of weapons Ben & Haley have at their disposal I'm expecting them to come out guns blazing. Soften them up deep & pound them into submission. I'd love to see Conner get heavily involved in this game. No need to rush Bell into action against the Browns. Let him get his feet wet, then let Conner destroy them. The 10 & AB show should be fun to watch, but I'll love seeing Rogers re-establish himself as Ben's safety valve. No excuses not to drop 25+ points in this game & coast it out. Looking forward to watching AVill vs Garrett.

Defense... All the moves Colbert has made this offseason has sent a strong message. Its time to put all these questions to bed or GTFO. Nobody's jobs are safe. Either produce or get out of the way. I think the D-line will have their hands full with the Browns new & improved O-line. LBers will have their jobs cut out for them. Thinking Shazier & V-Will each have 8-10 tackles a piece. Butler needs to force them to go to the air where the inexperience will show for the Browns. Hopefully that equates to a decent amount of turnovers!

Forgive me for coming on a little strong with this one... Seein red gentlemen!!!

Steelers 33 - Browns 13

200.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 Steelers - 7 Browns.

The Browns will get a late score when the Steelers go into a prevent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From looking at the depth chart, seems pretty self explanatory and consistent. I feel like we are gonna have an issue with kick returns. Rookies and kick returns usually don't mix well but we will see. Can we please get Antonio away from returning punts?

Read somewhere that Smith-Schuster had some experience fielding kicks in college. He seems pretty fragile so putting him on KR seems like they're asking for trouble. Should be interesting to see how that unfolds.

Don't understand putting AB as the PR on the depth chart when Rogers looked like the guy this preseason. Guess we'll have to wait & see. Hopefully its only AB if they are needing that spark play.

I think it's interesting to see DHB ahead of Hunter on the depth chart. I feel like Hunter shined brighter through the preseason but what do I know haha.
Depth charts have never really mattered for the WRs here. They could be last on the depth chart & still see more snaps than somebody 2 spots ahead of them. It's all about offensive packages & the roles they fit into. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunter get in on a lot of RZ plays.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaand.... I'm gonna have to pirate the game, because fuck me for wanting to watch the Steelers in Harrisburg rather than the Ravens.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaand.... I'm gonna have to pirate the game, because fuck me for wanting to watch the Steelers in Harrisburg rather than the Ravens.

Seriously? Ravens in H'burg over a Steelers game?

Not having found any legit streaming operations (LY I did, well maybe they were not legit or they would still be doing it)...probably watch this one at my local watering hole.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read somewhere that Smith-Schuster had some experience fielding kicks in college. He seems pretty fragile so putting him on KR seems like they're asking for trouble. Should be interesting to see how that unfolds.

Don't understand putting AB as the PR on the depth chart when Rogers looked like the guy this preseason. Guess we'll have to wait & see. Hopefully its only AB if they are needing that spark play.

Depth charts have never really mattered for the WRs here. They could be last on the depth chart & still see more snaps than somebody 2 spots ahead of them. It's all about offensive packages & the roles they fit into. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunter get in on a lot of RZ plays.

KR...I'm not overly comfortable with Juju returning kicks, but the way the game is played today, just field the ball cleanly, and if it's 2 steps or more into the endzone don't try to be a hero, take the knee and turn the ball over to Ben. That would be my message anyway.

WR depth...agreed. If I had to guess, with 3 tall, fast weapons available the Steelers will go deep more often. That should open up the field for McDonald and Juju.

I think when Haley can match a big tall WR vs a small CB3 or 4 or a FS...Hunter will get his share of shots...DHB may get more snaps, but I think Hunter may get more targets.

PR...idk this but something tells me AB is going to Danny and or MT and asking for it, but we all would like to see another body handling that role...hopefully Rogers takes control of that job.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Ravens in H'burg over a Steelers game?

Not having found any legit streaming operations (LY I did, well maybe they were not legit or they would still be doing it)...probably watch this one at my local watering hole.
It's been that way since the Ravens came into the league. The Harrisburg Station is within a certain mileage of the Ravens stadium, so that makes us a Ravens primary market by NFL rules.

And that means the Ravens away games preempt the Steelers when they play at the same time.

Doesn't matter what the station wants to play, doesn't matter that the area wants the Steelers, doesn't matter that my Pennsylvania tax dollars went to Heinz, rather than M&T.

So fuck 'em, I'm justified in pirating this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been that way since the Ravens came into the league. The Harrisburg Station is within a certain mileage of the Ravens stadium, so that makes us a Ravens primary market by NFL rules.

And that means the Ravens away games preempt the Steelers when they play at the same time.

Doesn't matter what the station wants to play, doesn't matter that the area wants the Steelers, doesn't matter that my Pennsylvania tax dollars went to Heinz, rather than M&T.

So fuck 'em, I'm justified in pirating this.

I don't blame you!

Our situation might be better and we're 500+ miles away...lol

The Falcons come on Fox, the Steelers are mostly on CBS. When ATL is on the road, CBS will normally have a dbl header, often times we get the Steelers because CBS wants to send it to a top 10 TV market. I think they have to be getting strong ratings here for Steeler games because every year we get 3 or 4 regional Steeler games on top of the 7 or 8 national TV games.

That's why I dropped the NFL tkt...I was paying $200+ a yr for a 4 or 5 games.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you!

Our situation might be better and we're 500+ miles away...lol

The Falcons come on Fox, the Steelers are mostly on CBS. When ATL is on the road, CBS will normally have a dbl header, often times we get the Steelers because CBS wants to send it to a top 10 TV market. I think they have to be getting strong ratings here for Steeler games because every year we get 3 or 4 regional Steeler games on top of the 7 or 8 national TV games.

That's why I dropped the NFL tkt...I was paying $200+ a yr for a 4 or 5 games.
You're getting almost as many games as I do. I lose somewhere between 2 and 5 games a season because of this bullshit.

And then the NFL has the balls to give me a commercial like this to try and sell the Ticket to me:

"We don't just want to watch the games CABLE gives us."

Yeah fuck you, you LIE. The NFL controls who sees what and where they see it. I want the Steelers in Pennsylvania.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting almost as many games as I do. I lose somewhere between 2 and 5 games a season because of this bullshit.

And then the NFL has the balls to give me a commercial like this to try and sell the Ticket to me:

"We don't just want to watch the games CABLE gives us."

Yeah fuck you, you LIE. The NFL controls who sees what and where they see it. I want the Steelers in Pennsylvania.

Yeah, that's jacked...H'burg is more center of the state actually closer to PHI...I could see if they tried to give you Philly games, but Ravens? I get the mileage thing, but it seems like a PA resident should be able to see a PA team.

I worked in PHI for 5 yrs...anything west of Lancaster was getting into Steeler country.

When the NFL pulls their head out of their ass they will realize they are leaving money on the table by not having PPV for out of market NFL games.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's jacked...H'burg is more center of the state actually closer to PHI...I could see if they tried to give you Philly games, but Ravens? I get the mileage thing, but it seems like a PA resident should be able to see a PA team.

I worked in PHI for 5 yrs...anything west of Lancaster was getting into Steeler country.

When the NFL pulls their head out of their ass they will realize they are leaving money on the table by not having PPV for out of market NFL games.
I get all the Philly games that I never want! They are the NFC, and Fox shows them every week.

But the Steelers and the Ravens are AFC, and CBS has to defer to the Ravens.