• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1: Broncos vs Panthers

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the pressure to win game is based on how the season ends up for either team. Think the issue is more that Panthers have been chirping a little too much and the media's disrespect for the Broncos this season has put a nice chip on Denver's shoulder to show the media naysayers and Carolina homers that this team is very committed to getting back to the promised land. Would not be surprised if Denver and the home crowd want to totally thrash Panthers in this game and I think it is possible. Denver exposed Cam in SB......he can't handle pressure. I will be first on this board anyway, to say Panthers lose at least 6 games this year and maybe win a playoff game at best. If it wasn't for their weak division, they would miss playoffs entirely this year. :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the pressure to win game is based on how the season ends up for either team. Think the issue is more that Panthers have been chirping a little too much and the media's disrespect for the Broncos this season has put a nice chip on Denver's shoulder to show the media naysayers and Carolina homers that this team is very committed to getting back to the promised land. Would not be surprised if Denver and the home crowd want to totally thrash Panthers in this game and I think it is possible. Denver exposed Cam in SB......he can't handle pressure. I will be first on this board anyway, to say Panthers lose at least 6 games this year and maybe win a playoff game at best. If it wasn't for their weak division, they would miss playoffs entirely this year. :)

I definitely agree with this to an extent. The media has left this team for dead and the players all notice stuff like that. They definitely notice when a team they dominated in the Super Bowl is a 3 point favorite in their own house, too. And perhaps I am splitting hairs, but I don't think any of that equates to pressure. To me the pressure is on when expectations are high, not low. The only people with expectations for the Broncos this year are the Broncos and their fans. That's not pressure, it's "us against the world." Pressure is a consensus favorite coming of a 15-1 season having to open on the road against the team that made you look hapless in the Super Bowl. Or coming off a 12-4 season and AFC North title only to go one-n-done for the 5th consecutive year. Or having your 39 year old starting QB, with just a short time remaining in his playing career suspended for the first 4 games. Or going 13-3, getting railed in the NFCCG, and then doing an "All or Nothing" documentary and campaign for 2016.

As far as teams that were in the mix late last year, I think the Broncos have the least amount of pressure on them. Have expectations for a defending champion ever been so low? This is actually the best case scenario for this team: all the disrespect they've been shown puts a chip on their shoulder and they get to play loose because nobody thinks they can repeat or even win the AFC West this year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though,especially this year,, which teams look so dominant ? and if one key player goes down, ( like just about every top Qb in the league ), Their screwed. Those teams are seriously in jeopardy with the lack of quality back ups in the league these days and changes the whole offense and production. Take Pitt,NE, Seattle, GB, hell, any favorites for SB this year and their odds go down drastically to win even a game. Denver has as good a chance to repeat as any " favorite " does to dethrone them. That's the great thing about the NFL today and Great organization that is committed to compete every year and has done so year after year. Love it :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though,especially this year,, which teams look so dominant ? and if one key player goes down, ( like just about every top Qb in the league ), Their screwed. Those teams are seriously in jeopardy with the lack of quality back ups in the league these days and changes the whole offense and production. Take Pitt,NE, Seattle, GB, hell, any favorites for SB this year and their odds go down drastically to win even a game. Denver has as good a chance to repeat as any " favorite " does to dethrone them. That's the great thing about the NFL today and Great organization that is committed to compete every year and has done so year after year. Love it :)

Super Bowl LI predictions: A fifth ring for Tom Brady's Patriots?

This crap has to fuel the heck out of our D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely agree with you here. While statistically history against the Broncos repeating, every season is independent. That only 2 teams have repeated in the last 20 years is actually irrelevant: what is relevant now is the season in front of us.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree with you here. While statistically history against the Broncos repeating, every season is independent. That only 2 teams have repeated in the last 20 years is actually irrelevant: what is relevant now is the season in front of us.
Considering Denver is one of those teams, I wouldn't call it THAT irrelevant :suds:

But I think this team has the where-with-all to channel the disrespect into another strong run.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Denver is one of those teams, I wouldn't call it THAT irrelevant :suds:

But I think this team has the where-with-all to channel the disrespect into another strong run.

I really hope so. It would be awesome to see them win a bunch of 1-score games en route to another 6-0 start and still be disrespected by the media. Years ago I bought into the respect dialogue and would get all sorts of indignant about the lack of respect. Now I embrace it. Love it. And last year was so satisfying in part because of the disrespect.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be aggressive with two All Pro WRs against 2 rookie CBs but I think Kubiak will be very conservative.

First team to 24 will win. I hope Denver can get to the magic 50 mark like really like
(completions + rushing attempts)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be aggressive with two All Pro WRs against 2 rookie CBs but I think Kubiak will be very conservative.

First team to 24 will win. I hope Denver can get to the magic 50 mark like really like
(completions + rushing attempts)

That is what I am hoping Kubiak does as well. Honestly in the playoffs against the Patriots and against the Panthers we did come out throwing and it caught the teams off guard. So maybe just maybe Kubiak is willing to be a bit aggressive.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion - everyone - thanks.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is again being overlooked or disrespected because of the QB position. This time starting a 7th round rookieish QB backed up by a true rookie.. Until Siemian can prove he can guide his team, they will continue to get no respect. No better time than opening night to prove the naysayers wrong from jump street.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is again being overlooked or disrespected because of the QB position. This time starting a 7th round rookieish QB backed up by a true rookie.. Until Siemian can prove he can guide his team, they will continue to get no respect. No better time than opening night to prove the naysayers wrong from jump street.

Honestly as a Bronco fan there is just so much unknown about this upcoming season. I still love our defense and think they will prove to still be a top-3 unit in the NFL. Offensively I see the weapons in guys like DT, Sanders and Anderson. I like the look of our starting 5 on the OL at least compared to last year. In this league though when you have so much unknown around the QB position it really is hard to get a feel for the team. So much of the game flows from that position. Thankfully last year we had a defense that could overcome the shortcomings on offense and maybe we still do but man it would be great to finally have both the incredible defense and a functional offense.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our top 7 OL .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie Fowler has been officially ruled out for the game tomorrow. Heuerman is listed as questionable as well as Ferentz and Sambrailo. Everybody else is probable or better. So mostly healthy entering this one.

Something I haven't seen us talk about yet is the fact that our Kick Off Returner is Cody Latimer. Anybody have any thoughts on that? I don't see him as a guy that will take many to the house but he is definitely a guy that will get up the field quickly and won't do the dancing around hoping something will open up then get tackled at the 10 yard line. I actually like this. Get more of our players involved in different ways.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also here is a great article that actually has the Broncos as the top team not only for possible wins this year but the highest chance of winning the Super Bowl.

2016 NFL Predictions

If you read on this it is an interesting way to predict games and outcomes. For the most part they are a pretty accurate indicator as they update week to week weighing the most recent games more but still allowing value for past success or failure to figure in.