• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weak SEC scheduling....

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya lost me after this...

Me Beavs have to wonder into Ann Arbor (2015) and then the BIG Horseshoe (2017) in like the next 3 years.

GTFO and "roll over and bite the pillow Tide". Maybe Lamar has an "open slot" for your sorry asses in the near future.

Bless your heart Beavs for thinking Oregon State is a quality OOC opponent...I guess a couple of shitty bowls in a row got your head all swelled up.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn ... UGa played at ASU, Colorado, and OkState in the past decade ... all H&H. In addition to that, we play GaTech every year, just finished a H&H with Clemson, and just scheduled a H&H with Notre Dame. We obviously were scheduling like a man before the new playoff, so I am confident we will continue to do so. You might want to check your facts a little better next time.

How many other SEC teams have done that? Like I said some have the Balls to do it Georgia just happens to be one of them. GaTech is hardly a road game for Georgia. Colorado in the past decade has been more like an FCS school. Oklahoma State and Clemson are good. Also I'm talking about games out of the SEC region. Teams like Alabama and LSU rarely travel out of the friendly confines of the south until they have to which is why Alabama is playing USC.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get real for just a minute...

Since you used Wisc and Michigan as an example, let's examine who actually does play in Ann Arbor and Madison.

Well, would you look at that, the only P5 teams that have played in Ann Arbor in the last ten years are Vanderbilt and Oregon...other than that it is Directional Michigan teams, Bowling Green and the Appy States of the world...oh and Notre Dame, who's been propping up the Big 10 for years.

Well what about Wisconsin you say...well that is slightly better, they have played 3 P5 teams at Camp Randall in the last 10 years...Wash St, Arizona St and Oregon St. All perennial PAC powerhouses to be sure. Oh and of course the rest of the Madison visitors are your typical directional U's like Northern Illinois and Northern Iowa.

You would have to drop down to the bottom tier of the SEC (Vandy, Kentucky, Mrs St) before you would find a team with as few quality OOC opponents as the two examples you gave, but please, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

It takes two to tango and the SEC doesn't like to leave the south. If the bottom tier of the SEC is unwilling to go North because they can't win more than a couple games in the SEC they aren't going to schedule a lose to a Big 10 or Pac12 team. Most of the other SEC teams will play a power 5 conference team but in a neutral site some where in the south or Texas. Yes Notre Dame has given the Big 10 a schedule bump or years but not as much any more. So the SEC can't find bottom tier Big 10, Pac12 or Big12 schools instead of Sam Houston State's and Lemar's of the world.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes two to tango and the SEC doesn't like to leave the south. If the bottom tier of the SEC is unwilling to go North because they can't win more than a couple games in the SEC they aren't going to schedule a lose to a Big 10 or Pac12 team. Most of the other SEC teams will play a power 5 conference team but in a neutral site some where in the south or Texas. Yes Notre Dame has given the Big 10 a schedule bump or years but not as much any more. So the SEC can't find bottom tier Big 10, Pac12 or Big12 schools instead of Sam Houston State's and Lemar's of the world.

What the fuck does this even say...get back to me when you've quit drinking for the night.

Hell, Vanderbilt is even one of the teams that went to play one of your examples at home.

Let me clear this up for you...Even Alabama, who is the poster child for these Neutral site games you dislike, has played as many ROAD games against P5 teams as the two teams you gave as examples in the last 10 years. Despite the fact that we have played in a neutral site game 6 out of the last 8 years...while Michigan and Wisconsin have only played 1 each...so who is ducking who again.

Impressive win for ND today...maybe you guys can run the table again this year...thankfully that will only result in you being embarrassed in a playoff game this year and not the NC.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many other SEC teams have done that? Like I said some have the Balls to do it Georgia just happens to be one of them. GaTech is hardly a road game for Georgia. Colorado in the past decade has been more like an FCS school. Oklahoma State and Clemson are good. Also I'm talking about games out of the SEC region. Teams like Alabama and LSU rarely travel out of the friendly confines of the south until they have to which is why Alabama is playing USC.

we shouldn't be lumped in here

you should use Florida as an example

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I fucking hate games against teams like Sam Houston State!

Them some bitches make me nervous or bore the shit out of me....it's a no win...

Yeah, it's hard to get excited about watching your team play these type games, I usually opt for the golf course on Saturdays like that, watch the highlights later.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU travels. Look it up.

Fuck everybody else.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I say that A&M has an excuse since we moved to SEC we needed a replacement for Arkansas since now it's a conference game. But next year A&M has neutral site game with Arizona St, and then A&M's future non conference games feature home and home with UCLA,Oregon and Notre Dame.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn ... UGa played at ASU, Colorado, and OkState in the past decade ... all H&H. In addition to that, we play GaTech every year, just finished a H&H with Clemson, and just scheduled a H&H with Notre Dame. We obviously were scheduling like a man before the new playoff, so I am confident we will continue to do so. You might want to check your facts a little better next time.

You also backed out vs. Oregon.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn played #2 Oregon in Arizona and won. (2010 season)

Alabama played #2 Texas in California and won. (2009 season)

Florida played #1 Ohio State in Arizona and won. (2006 season)

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Tempe
At UW
At WVU

:noidea:

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would not call at Lambeau Field vs Whisky neutral any more than I would call Houston a neutral site for us.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would not call at Lambeau Field vs Whisky neutral any more than I would call Houston a neutral site for us.

Shhhh...you're ruining the story he was trying to tell.

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offshore has a hard on for LSU cause they spanked OU's ass in 2003.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhh...you're ruining the story he was trying to tell.
Me thinks he didn't do his research ... Arky has traveled, Bama and PSU, UT travels out of the south, etc.