• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weak SEC scheduling....

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak SEC football schedule reignites schedules debate - ESPN

It underscores how underwhelming the lineup of games is this week in the SEC, which raises a question my colleague at ESPN, Brett McMurphy, posed to coaches from Power Five conferences this preseason. Would they be in favor of scheduling all nonconference games against other Power Five teams as long as everybody in the Power Five conferences did the same and teams were no longer required to win six games to play in a bowl game?

Seven SEC coaches -- Ole Miss’ Hugh Freeze, Tennessee’s Butch Jones, LSU’s Les Miles, Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen, Florida’s Will Muschamp, Alabama’s Nick Saban and Kentucky’s Mark Stoops -- said they would be in favor of such a setup.

Five -- Arkansas’ Bret Bielema, Vanderbilt’s Derek Mason, Missouri’s Gary Pinkel, South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier and Georgia’s Mark Richt -- said they wouldn’t endorse such a move, and two others -- Auburn’s Gus Malzahn and Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin -- were undecided.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB throwing his conference brothers under the bus damn! Consider your Team SEC card revoked mf'er.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate games against teams like Sam Houston State!

Them some bitches make me nervous or bore the shit out of me....it's a no win...

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think of...

[ame]http://twitter.com/insidetroy/status/507931368354242560[/ame]

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I stopped apologizing for our schedule a long time ago.

Fuck you Rocky-Assed mofos wanting to fight Apollo Creed and Ivan Drago every damn week.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah blah blah.

how many years in a row do SEC teams need to appear at the top of toughest schedules in the country before people get over the fact that they play a few cupcakes?

auburn plays 7 ranked teams in the regular season this year. if they were to reach the national championship game, they might play 10. how many teams play more than that?

and weren't the consensus three "best" wins of week 1 all by SEC teams (Texas A&M, LSU, and Georgia)?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least i know now not to look for a good game on the SEC network.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could the SEC suspend players if they only played power 5 teams? Inquiring minds want to know, Mr Muschamp

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly shitty matchups in every conference unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ESPN complaining because this weekend has no key marque game to highlight. If they fix the scheduling so there is atleast ONE good game per weekend, then the issue would go away...

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant wait till november when there is that week where the SEC schools play easy teams and people go nuts over it, completely ignoring that the teams played as many ranked teams in october has ohio state played in 2.5 seasons

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah blah blah.

how many years in a row do SEC teams need to appear at the top of toughest schedules in the country before people get over the fact that they play a few cupcakes?

auburn plays 7 ranked teams in the regular season this year. if they were to reach the national championship game, they might play 10. how many teams play more than that?

and weren't the consensus three "best" wins of week 1 all by SEC teams (Texas A&M, LSU, and Georgia)?

You mean how many years does the SEC stay ranked even though they lost or are obviously over rated? Pac plays each other one more game so 6 more losses to pass around while SEC teams (most) don't travel and play a cupcake trucking school at the beginning of the season then one in November when every other conference is playing a rival. Dont get me wrong . Bama and Auburn have had great teams but the advantage of being in that conference and the weak scheduling makes it hard for other teams to complete. I know USC would benefit if they could play Azuza pacific in November.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant wait till november when there is that week where the SEC schools play easy teams and people go nuts over it, completely ignoring that the teams played as many ranked teams in october has ohio state played in 2.5 seasons

haha, i forgot the SEC does that weak sh##.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean how many years does the SEC stay ranked even though they lost or are obviously over rated? Pac plays each other one more game so 6 more losses to pass around while SEC teams (most) don't travel and play a cupcake trucking school at the beginning of the season then one in November when every other conference is playing a rival.

if they are always so overrated, why do they do so well in bowl games?

last year it was texas a&m that had no business being ranked, right? then the 4th best team in the SEC West beat a ranked Duke team that played for the ACC title.

seriously, tell me what teams last season finished the season ranked that didn't deserve it. i'd love to hear the teams you'd put above them and then we can objectively compare their resumes.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the SEC has obviously done some research on scheduling... There's a reason they play a cupcake late...