• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemson Fans Are Convinced They Will STOMP Oklahoma, Who Is "WEAK" & OVERRATED from "Playing No One"

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments, mostly from Clemson fans, from around the Internet.

First, let's start off with this gem:

It's not like their QB was inept last year. He made an NFL roster, and has looked competent at times on Sunday. Mayfield may be an upgrade, more from the running threat than anything else. His decision-making is on par, if not below, Landry Jones. I think Mayfield gets smashed in the mouth a few times and he'll look like Jim Everett circa 1989.

Trevor Knight made an NFL roster and is named Landry Jones?

Continuing on:

I think OU is the weakest. They lost to a inferior Texas team, they barely beat a mediocre TN team, and they got lucky against TCU. To me, OU does not deserve to be in the CFPs. I would have given the nod to Stanford. At least they played in a conference championship game.

I totally agree with you concerning OU, they are in because they played well lately, that conference is really weak.

And yes, OU does not deserve it. Beating baylor and TCU does not pad the resume much, in my opinion.

Has Oklahoma played a good defense yet? Honest question.

Has OU played a good team with their starting QB yet?

The numbers are inflated since you haven't played a single good defense.

Oklahoma can't even beat Texas.

Must be nice playing backup QBs in every big game

Imagine if we had played LSU without Fournette, MSU without Dak, & Georgia without Chubb... Don't feel like we'd hear the end of it.

Well seeing as how your team is finally playing an entire roster not third stringers at qb I think oklahoma may be on for an eye opening playoff.

I bet Clemson could beat Texas

The Big XII is incredibly weak this year

given all the qb injuries OU's opponents have had, we have the best offense, the best defense, the best qb and best coaching staff OU has faced all year.

Clemson walking out with this one. OU hasn't played any of the ranked teams in the Big XII when they had a starting QB.

Dat Big12 defense. Also our defense will be the toughest they've faced by far. I'm happy with it.

Oklahoma gonna get rekt.

OU gets exposed. I don't think they've got the O-Line/D-Line to go the distance and they're getting a lot of credit for beating really banged up TCU and Baylor teams and an OSU team that had an easy schedule.

The same Oklahoma that needed late game heroics to beat a TCU without their quarterback, scraped out a ten point win against Baylor (who didn't have either of their top two offensive players), looked pedestrian against a middling Oklahoma State, and lost to Texas? Yeah, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs with their garbage resume. Stanford got shafted.

Oklahoma was fortunate enough to have their 3 top opponents starting a back-up qb, which surely pads their defensive stats...So Clemson the better QB and a comparable balance between O/D, so doesn't look good for Oklahoma...but that hasn't been the story ESPN has been pushing so even the "Logical" articles are tainted by the "agenda".

Oklahoma is not a conference champion ii they do not play a conference championship game. Round robin does not exempt them from playing a final game between the 2 top teams in the conference. I do not believe that OU could beat a healthy TCU right now. Do you? The only result in Oklahoma 'winning' this conference is that they do not play a 13th game against what should be their toughest opponent resulting in either a quality win or loss. So, when looking at strength of schedule, Big 12 is purposely scheduling out of a game against a quality opponent. Is North Carolina's wins againt FCS teams worse than what amounts to either a win by forfeit or default against no team at all? If playoff committee is looking at strenght of schedule as they are supposed to be, they cannot look at scheduling out of any game, let alone their toughest of the year as a good thing. Any football team, FCS or other is significantly tougher than purposely sitting home while every other division is playing their toughest games. Shame on Big 12

Who started at QB for TCU, Baylor, and OK State in those games? Hint: not the guys who had been starting all year. They beat a TCU team that was missing Boykin AND Doctson by 1 point.

40 - 6. They had 3 weeks to prepare for Clemson last year and scored 2 field goals

[Watson] has peaked at the right moment....defense reading and decision making....and his teammates trust his decision making....OU defense is vulnerable and will be exploited as OSU and Baylor showed....Baker will face the best defense scheme he has seen all season....just as UNC Williams got frustrated....so will he.....it will not be a close game.....the winner will have a +10 margin

Oklahoma got the 4 seed. time for 40-6 part 2

But OU benefited significantly from playing backup QBs. TCU is just not the same team without Trevonne Boykin, and they almost won in Norman. They caught Baylor right at the beginning of Baylor's crumble. An impressive win against OSU, indeed, but we have no idea how good OSU is. And OSU was playing without its starting QB, too. Out of conference, OU needed a near-miracle to beat a blah Tennessee team. It also struggled mightily against a Tulsa team that sucks balls.

Except for the QB position doesn't OKLA have basically the same cast of characters as last year? Yep same exceptionally porous secondary

OU has benefited from key injuries at the QB position. For the last 3 bowl games, Dabo gets his teams ready with time to prep. And OU thinks ole 3 and Stoudt put a beat down on them?! Wait til DW4 gets a hold of em.

That TCU was without all-world WR Josh Doctson in that game. Imagine playing Clemson without Watson and Scott. That's what OU got, then only won by 1.

OU also had benefit, over season of playing the 3 worst FBS defenses. Wonder if that has ever happened...tulsa #126, Texas Tech #127 and Kansas #128. Toughest D faced? Akron ranked at #17.... Remember how we talked about UNC not playing any tough defenses? Ave opponents defensive rank was 49; compared to OU's 86.5…We will be able to put pressure on them in ways they haven't seen. Will be similar to last year—take Perine out early…

Clemson Chainsaw Massacre Part II.

I expect a comfortable win over Oklahoma in the playoffs.

Baker Mayfield: 20 TDs and 0 INTs against Akron, Tulsa, Kansas, KState, and Iowa State. Beating up on bad teams, and pretty average against anyone with a pulse. It's basically the opposite of what we do. If we wanted Watson to pile up numbers against our worst competition, we could.

I do not think he is the best QB we will have faced this year. Top 5, probably top 3.

A lot of what OU has done in the last month+ has been a mirage. They beat the living shit out of teams without a pulse (you, Kansas) and took advantage of other teams playing with backup QBs. They've benefited massively from turnovers, which is a part of what makes their defense formidable, but has a decent amount of luck priced into it, as well.

Feel pretty good about this game: OU hasn't faced a defense anywhere near our caliber, and we're going to be the healthiest we've been since the start of the season. Offense is rolling and moving the ball at will on any team put it front of them.

Has OU played anyone even moderately decent in the trenches besides UT? That game is likely a "how to spank OU" manual, and I heard they just got pushed around.

It seems that the Big XII(10) has mastered the art of inflation based on speculation. By back loading their schedules and failing to schedule any nonconference teams that resemble football teams, they allowed were allowed to put up silly numbers and roll through their cupcake schedule like German tanks through a French countryside. They were, thereby, given ridiculous rankings which made them look that much stronger by proxy when they beat each other. It is an excellent manipulation of rankings that they've accomplished, second only to the SEC-W, however they didn't have the benefit of free publicity via ESPN. When they get pummeled in the bowls, it will be too late to punish them for their transgressions.

I would say the OL/DL Clemson played last night in UNC was better than any OL or DL for any opponent of OU in the BIG 12 and it really is not close. No there is no OL/Dl like ND or FSU in the Big 12. DBs that OU played in the Big 12. Uh no.

Not worried in the least about OK. Demolished them 40-6 last year, and while they are a little better now – we are a lot better now. We won that game with Cole (though he had the game of his life) and an O-Line that could barely move anyone. When Watson and this years O-front lines up, watch out!

When you look at it, I just don't think Baker Mayfield is good enough to make up for 40-6, and then good enough on top of that to beat Deshaun Watson. I think our O eats them alive

OU has faced two teams that got physical with them. Texas and Tennessee. Texas beat their ass and it was only Tennessee's stupidity that allowed OU to win that one.

Well, we shall see soon. Bring it! :cool2:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Knight playing Sundays?
tumblr_mbdk2pfVvm1qilrgh.gif

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gawd though, who cares? You can read plenty of the OU boards, and you'll find just as many saying OU is going to skullfuck Clemson as well. Means absolutely nothing.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, I'd spend weeks trying to compile all of the posts of fans of teams that were going to destroy Michigan State this year. Seriously just relax. It's just words in an imaginary world, get over it.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a team and fan base more confident than Oklahoma's that they will be kicking someone's ass in a big game than Alabama last year when facing Ohio State.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the first three...

That's a lot of quoting.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, if I were a Clemson fan I'd be confident too.
Why?
1) They beat our ass last year.
2) We couldn't game plan for, or adjust to a terrible Texas team.
3) Baylor played a backup QB.
4) TCU played a backup QB.
5) OSU played a backup QB.

I personally think that Clemson is the #1 team.
However, if Oklahoma game plans and executes like they did against Bama 2 years ago, we can win.
If we come out like we did last year vs. Clemson or this year vs. Texas, we'll get our shit pushed in.

Bob is pretty good about not losing to the same team twice in a row.
We shall see.

I like the Clemson fans' confidence.
It will be great if we crush the life out of them.

Boomer Sooner.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to whoever read all of that garbage

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has OU played anyone even moderately decent in the trenches besides UT? That game is likely a "how to spank OU" manual, and I heard they just got pushed around. :dhd:

Oklahoma can't even beat Texas.:eek:

OU has faced two teams that got physical with them. Texas and Tennessee. Texas beat their ass...:rolleyes2:

Thought these were especially funny. Plus, who spells 'wrecked' like this; rekt?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has OU played anyone even moderately decent in the trenches besides UT? That game is likely a "how to spank OU" manual, and I heard they just got pushed around. :dhd:

Oklahoma can't even beat Texas.:eek:

OU has faced two teams that got physical with them. Texas and Tennessee. Texas beat their ass...:rolleyes2:

Thought these were especially funny. Plus, who spells 'wrecked' like this; rekt?

I really hope their players are thinking along these same lines. :hope:

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-3.5 OK, Vegas seems to have other ideas.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, get off Tigernet! Those homers are the worst. Real Clemson fans, like myself and those I associate with, expect a dogfight. These internet homers know as much about football as they do fornicating. Yes, I borrowed part of that line from Patton. Nothing to see here. Let's keep moving.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And our players aren't thinking that way either. Come on. There's no shit to be stirred. A bunch of internet SportsHoopla.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is comical coming from someone who supports the Patriots.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Comments, mostly from Clemson fans, from around the Internet.

First, let's start off with this gem:

Trevor Knight made an NFL roster and is named Landry Jones?

Continuing on:

Well, we shall see soon. Bring it! :cool2:
The meltdown thread from Clemson fans will be epic.