• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We dropped to 8th in the Coaches Poll

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way OSU jumps us. They lost to Vtech.

NCAA will look foolish if 11-1 Oregon who lost to Arizona gets ahead of 11-1 ND team who lost on the road to defending champs on a last sec call by the refs. No way in hell oregon gets over us. Plus we would have beat ASU, USC and Stanford who oregon plays. I just don't see it.

11-1 ND team makes it. TCU, OSU and MSU won't jump us or knock us out. I agree Oregon is the only shot but I just don't see. oregon has no argument over ND.

Oregon has already passed us in both polls, if they win out, they will get in over ND. Michigan Stae has passed us in the coaches' poll. I think our lack of a conference championship game will hurt us. It's not the NCAA who decides which teams get in, it's a group of 13 voters. They already said that conference championships will be an important factor. Unfortunately, I think the cards are stacked against us. Without a few more upsets, I think we are left out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys ok with a rematch against FSU in the playoffs?

I am personally fine with rematches, but I've seen a few Notre Dame fans get a bit pissy about the notion of rematches in these things when it comes to SEC teams. Just wondering if they still feel rematches shouldn't be allowed now that the foot may be on the other foot.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am personally fine with rematches, but I've seen a few Notre Dame fans get a bit pissy about the notion of rematches in these things when it comes to SEC teams. Just wondering if they still feel rematches shouldn't be allowed now that the foot may be on the other foot.

I never saw anyone here with an issue with rematches in the playoff. My only concern was with posters (not here) who feel you should need to be in a conference, or be a conference champion to be in the playoff.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rematch in the bcs title game is much different than having a rematch in the playoffs. Rematch will happen with the system. So what are you going to do if you have a team who played each other (not in the same conference) in the regular season and end up being #1 and #3 seed? You're going to intentionally leave out the #3 team because you don't want to see a possible rematch in the title game? You're comparing apple and oranges here

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has already passed us in both polls, if they win out, they will get in over ND. Michigan Stae has passed us in the coaches' poll. I think our lack of a conference championship game will hurt us. It's not the NCAA who decides which teams get in, it's a group of 13 voters. They already said that conference championships will be an important factor. Unfortunately, I think the cards are stacked against us. Without a few more upsets, I think we are left out.

:agree:

We need Michigan State to lose and same for Oregon. As I said before unless ASU & USC finishes the year with 10 & 9 wins we are going to need a few of these teams to finish with 2 losses while we go 11-1

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it won't happen. I would bet my house on it. NCAA would have no reason for it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are good with the polls. Go check the numbers. by season end we would jump Oregon and in coaches poll we will jump MSU after we beat ASU.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first playoffs poll is next tuesday....we will know more about where we stand at that time

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it won't happen. I would bet my house on it. NCAA would have no reason for it.

It was my understanding that the NCAA was not involved in the football playoff, their involvement only included the basketball playoffs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw anyone here with an issue with rematches in the playoff. My only concern was with posters (not here) who feel you should need to be in a conference, or be a conference champion to be in the playoff.

Well the biggest thing was people who cry about Alabama getting a rematch with LSU.

I am of the opinion that the best teams should play, regardless of conference championships and all that. My only thing is in regards to SoS, of which Notre Dame does not have issue with.

As for who I am speaking of specifically, they are posting in this thread and at least 4 people wouldn't mind them getting hit by a stop sign. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rematch in the bcs title game is much different than having a rematch in the playoffs. Rematch will happen with the system. So what are you going to do if you have a team who played each other (not in the same conference) in the regular season and end up being #1 and #3 seed? You're going to intentionally leave out the #3 team because you don't want to see a possible rematch in the title game? You're comparing apple and oranges here

Good, so if 2 SEC West teams make it to the playoffs, you obviously won't be complaining.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I mean when i say comparing apples and oranges. 2 teams who play in the same division making it is much different than 2 teams who played each other earlier in the season from different conferences making it. They already basically said they only want conference champs basically...on top of that I feel pretty confident that most teams in the west with the exception of 1 will have multiple losses. I think bama lose to miss state or auburn while I think auburn probably loses to ole miss. I think Mississippi state slips up to some unranked team and loses to ole miss as well.

I think the committee will take FSU, sec title game winner, Oregon (if they don't lose again), and after that it will be an interesting debate for 4th if Notre dame, Michigan state, tcu or kstate all run the table and finish at 11/12-1

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I mean when i say comparing apples and oranges. 2 teams who play in the same division making it is much different than 2 teams who played each other earlier in the season from different conferences making it. They already basically said they only want conference champs basically...on top of that I feel pretty confident that most teams in the west with the exception of 1 will have multiple losses. I think bama lose to miss state or auburn while I think auburn probably loses to ole miss. I think Mississippi state slips up to some unranked team and loses to ole miss as well.

I think the committee will take FSU, sec title game winner, Oregon (if they don't lose again), and after that it will be an interesting debate for 4th if Notre dame, Michigan state, tcu or kstate all run the table and finish at 11/12-1

:lol: You are so naive.

I can't wait for your meltdown when it's 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You are so naive.

I can't wait for your meltdown when it's 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.

There will be 2 SEC champs. They cant put 3 because it would look really bad by the NCAA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious Clark? What makes you so sure? I can easily see that happening at this point.

First off analyze their wins. In the SEC west they have a combine of 3 good wins. Second of all I think all of them except one team will end up with 2 losses.

TCU, Michigan State, Oregon, & K-State all have better wins than Bama has for example. Going on quality of wins if the playoffs started today, I would have all of those teams above Bama. A&M is garbage and got hyped up because they beat another overrated SEC squad in South Carolina on opening night. They haven't done shit since then.

Auburn, Ole Miss, & Mississippi State each have 1 good win at the moment but I think Auburn loses again at least once and I think Mississippi State loses twice probably....wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss gets caught looking ahead to Auburn and loses to LSU on saturday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is overhyped and always get a pass for losing games in conference but every other good league gets shitted on when a team from their conference loses a conference game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off analyze their wins. In the SEC west they have a combine of 3 good wins. Second of all I think all of them except one team will end up with 2 losses.

Wut?

TCU, Michigan State, Oregon, & K-State all have better wins than Bama has for example. Going on quality of wins if the playoffs started today, I would have all of those teams above Bama. A&M is garbage and got hyped up because they beat another overrated SEC squad in South Carolina on opening night. They haven't done shit since then.

No they don't. Alabama beat WVU, who just beat the #4 team in the country and against the team who beat TCU. K-State lost to Auburn, a SEC West team - who Alabama will have to beat in order to be considered.

The playoffs doesn't start today, Alabama will have plenty of quality wins if that is the case. But if Alabama doesn't win those games, then another SEC West team will be in the hunt instead.

Auburn, Ole Miss, & Mississippi State each have 1 good win at the moment but I think Auburn loses again at least once and I think Mississippi State loses twice probably....wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss gets caught looking ahead to Auburn and loses to LSU on saturday.

Yeah, like you thinking Alabama was going to start last year 0-2.

All you do is prove you know nothing about football over and over. The SEC West has 4 of the top 5 spots in the polls right now. I'm sure you'll blame ESPN, but that just highlights your ignorance and your excuses to keep living in that fantasy. I have no idea if Alabama will be in the mix at the end of the year, but if you can't recognize the strength of the SEC West, then it says more about you than you apparently realize.