• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. The team formerly known as The U., Lane Stadium, Thursday Night 7:30 PM, ESPN

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Beamer leaving would be a good thing for recruiting this class?? Depends on the new head coach?? What about if Bud leaves.. How does that impact recruiting?? Loeffler??

I say push, yes, bad, and good.

If it means losing a good recruiting class to hit a hard reset, I am kind of ine with it at this point.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it means losing a good recruiting class to hit a hard reset, I am kind of fine with it at this point.

I'm guessing that has to be crossing Whit's mind. They laid a pretty big goose egg out there tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah. Got a block. Special teams are looking a bit better this year although Hughes hasn't been duper impressive and the kicker.... Who kicks for us again? Haven't seen him tonight.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we don't lose to fucking UVA.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means losing a good recruiting class to hit a hard reset, I am kind of ine with it at this point.

Yeah, I am still in the minority in thinking Foster should get a shot. The defense isn't broken. He seems to have enough passion for this program to DEMAND excellence on BOTH sides of the ball. He seems to be innovative enough to hire a good up and coming OC who can move the fucking ball.

The only downside I hear is that he doesn't kiss (booster) ass and is a lazy recruiter.

FlippVt2101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franks comments after the game..."first I give credit to that Miami team. They're a good football team with a lot of talent. Number 8 is an. Exceptional player. We made some mistakes and turned the ball over there in the second half...sniff sniff...we just need to watch the film and learn from our mistakes and come back a week from Saturday a better football team. I give credit to our players...they played their hearts out. And I appreciate the crowd. Especially the 20 folks who stayed until the final seconds. We'll fix it and get ready to play BOston College

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am still in the minority in thinking Foster should get a shot. The defense isn't broken. He seems to have enough passion for this program to DEMAND excellence on BOTH sides of the ball. He seems to be innovative enough to hire a good up and coming OC who can move the fucking ball.

The only downside I hear is that he doesn't kiss (booster) ass and is a lazy recruiter.

That passion never leaves Blacksburg though. He is passionate in his office, in the film room and on the sideline. He is riding Gray like Beamer used to ride him, IMO.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kick the field goal and prevent the shut out.

OK, I stand corrected.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we don't lose to fucking UVA.

Might wanna pack your favorite blackout juice just in case. I keep telling people, their defense is nasty and could easily win the Coastal. And at this point, they could field a HS JV defense and our offense would make them look like the 85 Bears.

We will seriously be lucky to make it to a bowl. These last 2 weeks have been awful. There's a serious problem here and I don't think its the talent on the field

Also, 46, how big a check is Whit willing to write for changes?