• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. The team formerly known as The U., Lane Stadium, Thursday Night 7:30 PM, ESPN

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for an insulting post....

The fact that they still call them "the U" is ridiculous, it is a joke. Despite what Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin think... The U is dead. Their fan base is dead (as evidenced by their Saturday night crowds of 20,000). Frankly, if they didn't get so many South Florida recruits (which baffles me).... They would suck even worse than they have the last 10 years.

Can they beat our team... Sure, they could... But they shouldn't, and I don't think they will. It will be a tight game, but the crowd will be jacked, the team (ahem.. Offense) will somehow get their shit together enough, and the D will once again carry the team to victory.

Even if they do beat us.. They still suck balls.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping to see a completely different offense this week.

I don't think I could take another one like last week.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT will obviously take the same approach defensively they did against Ohio State. I just hope our DE's (in particular Dadi) keep their assignments and don't over pursue. We need to keep Duke Johnson from getting outside. At the same time, I expect Jarrett to play closer to the line of scrimmage to help when Motuapuaka gets lost or caught out of position.

Offensively can it get any worse than last week for VT? Hopefully Marshawn is back and able to make a difference. I'll probably lose it if I see another 3 yard pass to a covered WR on 3rd and 8.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too lazy to go back and get the link from earlier today but I read that Chase Williams is out. Pretty big loss if you ask me considering how good Duke Johnson is. Chase had really stepped up at LB this year, snuffing out many a RB.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is bad.

That is all.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we win this game IF we dont have boneheaded INTs, and we limit presnap penalties

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that they still call them "the U" is ridiculous, it is a joke. Despite what Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin think... The U is dead. Their fan base is dead (as evidenced by their Saturday night crowds of 20,000). Frankly, if they didn't get so many South Florida recruits (which baffles me).... They would suck even worse than they have the last 10 years.

Can they beat our team... Sure, they could... But they shouldn't, and I don't think they will. It will be a tight game, but the crowd will be jacked, the team (ahem.. Offense) will somehow get their shit together enough, and the D will once again carry the team to victory.

Discuss.

The reason they get so many south Florida recruits is because if they want to stay close to home (and still play in a major conference), Miami is their best bet.

Tallahassee and Gainesville are five-seven hours away from Miami. Some kids would rather just stay at home. EDIT: Just looked it up.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Discuss.

Just curious, who was this supposed to insult? As far as I'm concerned, this should be the intro for "Da U's" wikipedia page.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping we go all maroon for this one and just beat the living hell out of Miami...

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times will we continue to go for a slow-developing power run on 3rd and inches and lose yards? I feel bad for my TV...I do so much yelling at it during VT games.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the players should have spent the time they spent changing pants getting their focus for the actual game.

I am an eternal optimist.

This team has become a fucking joke. Zero focus. Zero intensity. Zero accountability.

Joke....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the players should have spent the time they spent changing pants getting their focus for the actual game.

I am an eternal optimist.

This team has become a fucking joke. Zero focus. Zero intensity. Zero accountability.

Joke....

That starts up top.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how about that 23 yard punt, for all you AJ Hughes fans.

Funny on twitter =/= decent punter.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it just me, or does does it feel like Miami has had a ridiculous number of lucky breaks in this game?

Oh, and Loeffler's play calling is just a little too predictable. It's not bad, but he could afford to change it up just a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. We might not make a bowl this year...we might not even beat UVA. Let that thought sink in.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or does does it feel like Miami has had a ridiculous number of lucky breaks in this game?

If 'luck' has to do with our swiss cheese OL, our nonexistant LB play, and a QB who is about as effective as a sofa.