• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT Baseball

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt there will be a enough Oklahoma and/or UConn baseball fans making the trip for the method of ticket sales to even matter. Isn't most of the seating general admission anyway? I am sure a few hundred tickets will be set aside for the visiting schools.

It's not like we are talking about UVA football, where the visiting school's fans are the majority. I can understand the need to sell tickets online in that situation.

Well, Oklahoma has visited UVa twice, once during Regionals and once during Super Regionals, and they have brought a very strong legion of fans both times.

Why yall talking about football in a baseball thread? :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA got a much easier draw than we did for sure. And we are likely going to have to face the best pitcher in the country with Gray from OU. Doubt they throw him agaisnt coastal. But if OU is dumb and decides to put Gray on the hill against coastal, then I say we become the real favorite in this one.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice in the regular season, and once in the ACC tournament.

Not THE highlight, but a highlight I though you might appreciate.

:suds:

I'm happy with going 8-1 against UNC, FSU and NCSU, all top 10 teams.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT definitely isn't making a good impression on the NCAA.....No online or phones sales for baseball. Just walk up sales later this week and cash only the day of. Doesn't seem fair to the other schools if they don't have tickets they can sell online and seems like a good way to ensure that this will be the last Blacksburg Regional ever. I'd imagine UConn and Oklahoma AD's will be in the NCAA's ear over this.

Just for you Jeffro....

Tickets for Blacksburg Regional Now Available for Purchase Online

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEh...I am sure they were going to post them online at some point anyhow. But VT was a little slow on the draw. I hope they have a good turnout during the regional.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say the VT ticket office received several calls and emails from disgruntled VT fans, thus the change.

Why would you say that? Because you're pulling it out of your ass?

I'd say those baseball losses to VT affected you more than you'd like to admit.

Is it really bugging you that VT is also hosting a regional?

You'd like to rain on the parade, but you can't seem to manage it.

:laugh3:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you say that? Because you're pulling it out of your ass?

I'd say those baseball losses to VT affected you more than you'd like to admit.

Is it really bugging you that VT is also hosting a regional?

You'd like to rain on the parade, but you can't seem to manage it.

:laugh3:

You obviously didn't read TSL yesterday. There were numerous threads over there complaining about the lack of online and phone sales.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The important thing is that VT baseball has come a long way recently. This year, they went to the ACC championship, and are hosting a regional!

:suds:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
VT definitely isn't making a good impression on the NCAA.....No online or phones sales for baseball. Just walk up sales later this week and cash only the day of. Doesn't seem fair to the other schools if they don't have tickets they can sell online and seems like a good way to ensure that this will be the last Blacksburg Regional ever. I'd imagine UConn and Oklahoma AD's will be in the NCAA's ear over this.

This ill conceived rant entertained me this morning. For that, I thank you.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need to hope that OU throws Gray against coastal. Not that he isn't beatable. I just like our chances a lot more if he isn't on the bump.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need to hope that OU throws Gray against coastal. Not that he isn't beatable. I just like our chances a lot more if he isn't on the bump.

I think that would be a waste if they do that. You would think they would save him for the second game.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big baseball fan but I haven't had the chance to catch any of our games. I hope to this weekend

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Our regional seems pretty tough, although I thought the same about the ACCs in Durham. People are certainly paying attention now. Maybe that pressure turns out to be a good thing for this team. It's good for the program.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has announced that they will pitch Gray against Coastal. Overton will start game 2.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has announced that they will pitch Gray against Coastal. Overton will start game 2.

This is a very tough region....don't think you can take chances. Must put your best out there in game 1 and not further risk stating in the hole. Perhaps Gray and Mantiply would potentially get some pitches in an elimination game on Monday.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn singled us to death (16 singles). Combine that with VT going 1-for-14 with runners on base and you'll get a 5-2 loss.

VT plays Coastal Carolina at 1 tomorrow in an elimination game.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rash and Pinder both hit dingers. Burke thru 8 scoreless innings. Hokies up 4-0 going to the 9th.