• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford committed to Louisville because of Strong. He was close to flipping to VT before Strong left......i'm feeling pretty confident about VT's chances with him now.

that'd make sense. just hoping it works out in our favor either way. logic says hes a hokie though

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning All.

With National Signing Day exactly one month away where do we stand with our current targets.

Nnadi - Appears set on announcing around NSD.
Minor - We just received a Crystal Ball Prediction for him (We need LB's).
Ford - With Strong leaving for UT it looks like we may be in play, side note, does he plan on coming here to play both WR and BBall. Also received a Crystal Ball Predication for him as well.
Scott - An all purpose back from Va Beach appears like he wants to sign here.
Payton - OLB has us listed as his favorite

Javon Harrison may flip for FSU...we all really hope he stays on board and he will be awesome here.

Finally is there any chance we can get some of those UVA recruits to flip to us? (Brown, Blanding and Moss). With UVA losing two key members of their staff and cogs to their recruiting team I would hope so.

How many scholarships do we still have available to hand out?

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morning All.

With National Signing Day exactly one month away where do we stand with our current targets.

Ford - With Strong leaving for UT it looks like we may be in play, side note, does he plan on coming here to play both WR and BBall. Also received a Crystal Ball Predication for him as well.

Javon Harrison may flip for FSU...we all really hope he stays on board and he will be awesome here.

Finally is there any chance we can get some of those UVA recruits to flip to us? (Brown, Blanding and Moss). With UVA losing two key members of their staff and cogs to their recruiting team I would hope so.

Here are my opinions. No inside info at all just based on what I read on the internet.

Nnadi: I still think we get him. If not us maybe Ohio State
Minor: Idk what he is waiting for. I guess he is just checking out all of his options but are 100% on the crystal ball for him (13/13) and everyone in the know says he will be a Hokie.
Ford: I think we get him. Last I checked we were 88% for him in the crystal ball despite him being committed to Louisville. Apparently he likes VT a lot. He seems set on being a 2 sport athlete no matter where he goes.
Scott: Me guess is ECU. He is dead set on being a running back and we have already loaded up on that position. Of course, with his (apparent) playmaking ability and speed we would be glad to get him.
Payton: It doesn't seem like he will get an offer but who knows. Maybe the coaches are waiting to see what happens with the rest of the class. He loves VT, but seems like he may end up at UVA if not here.
Javon Harrison: Recently said on twitter that he would take at least 2 or 3 more visits. Those in the know say he is still a pretty firm commit.
Kevin Bronson: Seems like we get him once he visits.

Brown and Blanding won't decommit unless London leaves and that isn't happening. I doubt we want Moss, most think he is extremely overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning All.

Not sure how many schollies are left to hand out. There are going to be several that are early enrollments (Marshawn, A. Ford, and Mihota I think) and several that may GS/Prep (I have heard Taylor mentioned). I had my doubts about Ford awhile back, but some of you guys may be right on about a flip...

It is a good chance VT will land Nnadi, Minor, and I. Ford. It sounds like VT may have backed off of Scott a bit since the Mckenzie commit. He will most likely follow teammates to ECU. Haven't heard much about Payton in awhile. He may be a GS/prep candidate if he can qualify.

Unless Coach Dream gets fired before NSD....0% chance any of those guys flip. If he does..then there is a 1% chance one of them flips to VT ..

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like scott wont be coming here. havent heard about payton in a while, im guessing that since it is taking so long, that he wont be here. just how it seems to go.

not worried about numbers either. we have a few early enrollees like marshawn, a ford, and shai, plus taybus will prep probably it seems.

i am worried about nnadi. no inside info from me, but i just worry with our history of closing on signing day. i realize we have new staff, but until i see it happen i will remain pessemistic

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how many schollies are left to hand out. There are going to be several that are early enrollments (Marshawn, A. Ford, and Mihota I think) and several that may GS/Prep (I have heard Taylor mentioned). I had my doubts about Ford awhile back, but some of you guys may be right on about a flip...

It is a good chance VT will land Nnadi, Minor, and I. Ford. It sounds like VT may have backed off of Scott a bit since the Mckenzie commit. He will most likely follow teammates to ECU. Haven't heard much about Payton in awhile. He may be a GS/prep candidate if he can qualify.

Unless Coach Dream gets fired before NSD....0% chance any of those guys flip. If he does..then there is a 1% chance one of them flips to VT ..

I can see Payton taking a GS offer at VT before committing to UVA.

Not sure how many scholarships we have left....I think we currently have 27 committed with 3 enrolling early to count toward 2013 and at least one will prep, so that only leaves 2 scholarships technically, right? Maybe McKenzie will also be able to enroll early and/or someone else will prep in order to have space for Nnadi, Minor and I.Ford. I can't see VT adding more than 3 before signing day unless Harrison heads elsewhere (which I fully expect).

Any new information on the so-called "secret" recruit?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BdLYbOcCIAA_pm5.jpg:large

Gallo, Walker and Burke. More proof that the heights/weights listed by the recruiting sites are garbage.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Payton taking a GS offer at VT before committing to UVA.

Not sure how many scholarships we have left....I think we currently have 27 committed with 3 enrolling early to count toward 2013 and at least one will prep, so that only leaves 2 scholarships technically, right? Maybe McKenzie will also be able to enroll early and/or someone else will prep in order to have space for Nnadi, Minor and I.Ford. I can't see VT adding more than 3 before signing day unless Harrison heads elsewhere (which I fully expect).

Any new information on the so-called "secret" recruit?

i am pretty sure shai is enrolling early already

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isaiah Ford officially decommitted :whistle: Gators got his teammate, want Ford too.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Trinity Christian teammates (Jacksonville) WR Isaiah Ford and OL Kavaris Harkless decommit from Louisville per assistant coach Gerard Ross.</p>&mdash; Michael Langston (@MichaelWarchant) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelWarchant/statuses/419892787321253889">January 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="http://t.co/GsSpQVqxun">pic.twitter.com/GsSpQVqxun</a></p>&mdash; TWO (@isaiah_ford3) <a href="https://twitter.com/isaiah_ford3/statuses/419902419536183296">January 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that it matters in the end, but I can't believe Ford is a 3 star. 247 lists 34 offers including Ohio State, Florida, Clemson, South Carolina, FSU, Wisconsin, Oregon, Michigan St, UNC, WVU, etc. Look at Kamara’s offer list vs. Ford’s and I see no difference. Plus I like Ford’s level of competition a bit better. I know nothing about Florida 3A football, but I will still guarantee it is better than VISAA D2.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there not a "chopping wood" emoticon??

Moorehead is going to have a helluva bunch of kids to work with.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is there not a "chopping wood" emoticon??

Moorehead is going to have a helluva bunch of kids to work with.

Best part is all of these guys are RECIEVERS. And not just athletes or track guys.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harkless has committed to Florida now. Hope Ford doesn't follow him. I think we get him.

Also saw that Nyles Morgan committed to Notre Dame and Jalen Tabor to Arizona.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well that pretty much seals the deal

Apparently it's down to South Carolina and VT. I'd be surprised if they could come in and sweep him up like that after we've been involved for so long though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it's down to South Carolina and VT. I'd be surprised if they could come in and sweep him up like that after we've been involved for so long though.

Probably not going to happen, but never say never. It is an above average SEC program that is considerably closer to home.

Not sure if basketball would be an option at USC-e??? I have read a little bit on some of the Cock boards :dhd: ..... and I am not sure if they would make him a priority at this point in the process?? Apparent numbers are tight, they have some schollie restrictions, and maybe some more pressing positional needs (at least according to some posters). Might be one of those "we'll take you if we don't get this guy.." kinda deal. I'm not too worried...I think he will almost def. be a Hokie...JMHO.