• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lukayus McNeil upgraded to a 4* by 247

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 star LB Corey Henderson visited over the weekend for the Pitt game. According to 247's article title, sounds like he wants to come to VT. Also lists us as "warm" on his profile.
He only has mid major offers so far but he does have decent size. I wouldn't be surprised if he's our backup plan for LB in this class. We have a chance with Brandon Lee and Melvin Keihn, but they are definitely not locks. And who knows if Jay Payton qualifies so that leaves us with Minor who is an OLB.

We'll just have to see how everything goes.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my guess is that we end up with 2 of those 3 ... from what i've read, jay payton's grades are lookin good. if he qualifies, he'll enroll in january and won't count against this class i'm pretty sure.

keihn had glowing reviews about VT ... unless rutgers or coach dream can pull a quick one on him, i expect him to be a hokie. he's already set up officials to those 3 schools with VT being the last. he has stated that VT is out front. I think he's our to lose.

brandon lee ... in his top 2

i think that we have a few guys who are a little further down the list, like henderson and glover ... but barring the bottom totally falling out for our last 6 (or so) spots, they won't be hokies. they have other offers

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my guess is that we end up with 2 of those 3 ... from what i've read, jay payton's grades are lookin good. if he qualifies, he'll enroll in january and won't count against this class i'm pretty sure.

keihn had glowing reviews about VT ... unless rutgers or coach dream can pull a quick one on him, i expect him to be a hokie. he's already set up officials to those 3 schools with VT being the last. he has stated that VT is out front. I think he's our to lose.

brandon lee ... in his top 2

i think that we have a few guys who are a little further down the list, like henderson and glover ... but barring the bottom totally falling out for our last 6 (or so) spots, they won't be hokies. they have other offers

So what are the position makeups again for these final 6 or so spots? 1 DL, 3 LB's, 1 WR?, 1 RB?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the position makeups again for these final 6 or so spots? 1 DL, 3 LB's, 1 WR?, 1 RB?

That looks about right from what I have heard. Hopefully (and likely) it will end up...

DL - Nnadi
WR - Holland
OLB - Minor
MLB - Lee
LB/DE - Keihn
RB - McKenzie

That would be a great haul for this recruiting cycle, even if CFB missed out on a couple of those (not named Nnadi of course). Multiple skill guys on both sides of the ball....a bunch of quality OL and several super stud DL. I expect 2015 to be even better after another 10 win season...:suds:

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks about right from what I have heard. Hopefully (and likely) it will end up...

DL - Nnadi
WR - Holland
OLB - Minor
MLB - Lee
LB/DE - Keihn
RB - McKenzie

That would be a great haul for this recruiting cycle, even if CFB missed out on a couple of those (not named Nnadi of course). Multiple skill guys on both sides of the ball....a bunch of quality OL and several super stud DL. I expect 2015 to be even better after another 10 win season...:suds:

Don't forget Sobczak, who needs a full offer imo.

McKenzie is an Jan enroll if we get him, which helps this years numbers too.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach dream can pull a quick one on him
Exactly why I said we aren't locks.

Don't get me wrong I think we have a really good chance to land Lee, Keihn and Payton and hope we do.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL - Nnadi
WR - Holland
OLB - Minor
MLB - Lee
LB/DE - Keihn
RB - McKenzie

Obviously Nnadi is a must. I think we only offer Sobczak if we miss out on Nnadi.

Can't confirm because I don't have insider info, but I heard Holland didn't have the greatest visit and that people think he ends up at Minnesota or Kentucky. Could be wrong though. If he goes elsewhere, there's always the Roger Lewis kid that is a bit controversial or maybe a kid like Monty Fenner who people insist would be a steal.

Minor in my opinion is a Hokie.

Feel good about Lee and Keihn but we'll see.

McKenzie is supposedly leaning toward Pitt. But to be honest I'm cool with that. I'd welcome him if he committed, but I think 2 RBs (Williams and Reid) is enough and rather get another DL, LB or WR but that's just me.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Nnadi is a must. I think we only offer Sobczak if we miss out on Nnadi.

Can't confirm because I don't have insider info, but I heard Holland didn't have the greatest visit and that people think he ends up at Minnesota or Kentucky. Could be wrong though. If he goes elsewhere, there's always the Roger Lewis kid that is a bit controversial or maybe a kid like Monty Fenner who people insist would be a steal.

Minor in my opinion is a Hokie.

Feel good about Lee and Keihn but we'll see.

McKenzie is supposedly leaning toward Pitt. But to be honest I'm cool with that. I'd welcome him if he committed, but I think 2 RBs (Williams and Reid) is enough and rather get another DL, LB or WR but that's just me.

Gut says we don't get Lee, hes moved his visit back and thats never a good sign in my opinion, regardless of the reason. fine wish shai going to pitt if he does, we have 2 solid rbs coming in already plus we are young there as is. hope we get nnadi but we will see

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you JP and Swag.

I think we have a good shot at Holland and I think it is pretty much down to us and Kentucky. Obviously very similar to the Taylor recruitment. Do you want to go play for a SEC doormat or a proven winner?? Only time will tell.

Lee I don't feel quite as good about. I Think of that list he IMHO is the one VT would most likely miss out on.

Chances with Minor and Keihn are very good. McKenzie..I like your opinions...really excited about Marshawn Williams.

Nnadi is abso-freakin-lutely head and shoulders the #1 guy left. Must, Must, Must get. We have seen what a deep and talented D Line can do for your team this year. That has to continue. I think we get him in the end. :hope:

Sobczak I believe already has a greyshirt offer. If by some chance we miss on a couple of these guys and a spot opens up for a regular offer..he very well may get one.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers WR coach was visiting Robert Lockhart today.. are yalls in on him again?

Ummm. Hell No.

I seriously doubt CFB would want him even if he was interested. He back doored VT pretty bad. He did us a favor and saved us a schollie. It doesn't sound like he was really worth the trouble anyhow. I think he had trouble getting on the field at Miami.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, Lockhart left Miami? WTF? I will be honest all of the guys who go flaky on us seem to be blessings in disguise. Outside of Kevin Grooms I can't think of anyone I would want. Maybe Hughes or Williams from UNC.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hughes started last night but I rarely saw him make a play. Not a knock, just an observation.