• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't think they've even offered walker left ... after this season for our defense, i think they'll both be hokies.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Saturday, there was one visit that was really interesting. His name is Roger Lewis and he is a WR from Ohio. Looks like he had a ton of offers out of high school including ones from Ohio State, Arizona and WVU and ultimately committed to OSU but yet he is in prep school right now and it's not because of academics. Did some searching and found out he was accused of r*pe and my guess would be that all of his offers were pulled when that happened. But turns out the Jury found him innocent and so he's able to play football at prep school.

On his 247 profile after he enrolled in prep school, it doesn't show any offers which would lead me to guess that no school wants to take a chance on him after the incident. The fact that VT brought him in for a visit most likely means that the coaching staff is at least going to evaluate him as a person.

Kind of a interesting situation. He clearly has the football talent to be a WR at VT, and it is a fact that he was found not guilty but there's always going to be that stigma no matter what. I guess if the coaching staff feels comfortable with him then I'm fine with it.

Here is an article about the case: Jury finds former Pickerington football star not guilty of one count of r*pe | The Columbus Dispatch

If any part of my story is wrong, then please correct me. Otherwise, what are your opinions??

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did a quick search of his name on twitter and I couldn't read most of the content since they were pay articles, but from what I can tell multiple BCS programs have been in contact with him. So my part about the "Programs don't want to take a chance on him" is probably not exactly right. They're at least trying to evaluate him from what I can tell.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was bad too. Not just some minor tap of the foot derived from a millisecond of anger. He made a questionable block that would have probably drew an unsportsman-like conduct penalty then proceeded to draw his foot back almost far enough to kick himself in the ass then tried to punt the guy's head across the football field. From what I understand, Holmes is still mildly in play at the moment, but if I were Beamer he would have his offer pulled from me. I don't want anybody with that kind of attitude playing for VT. That shit looked 10x worse than what Marcus Vick did back in the day.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I watched it live. Camera angle I saw sort of cut out the actualy hit, but you could see him winding his leg back.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Pitt the biggest threat for Shai McKenzie? Because they just got a RB commitment today which is their 2nd RB in this class.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Brown committed to Ohio State as expected.

If we still want a WR, we are down to Kendrick Holland, Adly Enoicy and Roger Lewis.

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Tech get's a commit soon? I'm stunned Minor is committed yet

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Tech get's a commit soon? I'm stunned Minor is committed yet

I think most of our remaining prospects including Minor are taking multiple official visits. Meaning it's gonna be a while until a commitment.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Brown committed to Ohio State as expected.

If we still want a WR, we are down to Kendrick Holland, Adly Enoicy and Roger Lewis.

Dammit! I was really hoping to pull him in...not surprised at all (even though word was that OSU cooled on him)...

This probably does not bode well for Izzo either. Wisky and possibly FSU seem to be strong competition for him. I would like to see Enoicy as a TE especially if we miss on him. Doesn't seem we have an inside track Enoicy at all or are really pursuing him anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put in perspective how underrated Jaylen Bradshaw is, in the 247 VA rankings, they have 2 long snappers without offers ranked ahead of him. :bullshit:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Lordknoez">@Lordknoez</a> my boy Dadi ! I'll be up there soon for a game cuh . Go ham this weekend.</p>&mdash; Ricky Lake ! (@RickGoGetEmWalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/RickGoGetEmWalk/statuses/377954301832089600">September 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Bball player Justin Bibbs committed to us last night, I was curious to see how many Hokie followers he gained on twitter in a matter of few hours. So I checked and as I imagined a bunch of VT fans and a few commits like Tyrell Smith had followed him. The one thing that caught my eye was that Ricky Walker followed him pretty much immediately after he committed. Since Bibbs is from OH and goes to school in FL, I'm assuming they don't know each other personally, so the fact that Walker cares enough to follow a person who's not even in his sport tells me that he really is interested in VT and anyone who is associated.

In other words, still feel great about Walker to VT. Nnadi on the other hand, I have no clue.

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on recruits going to the Marshall game?