• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are no locks till that fax machine in Bburg receives a LOI.

Also, a fax machine? I can't believe teams use these. It's 2013!!!!

So do banks for major transactions, by the way.

Signatures still mean something in courts.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Walker's stuff has less to do with his leaders than his top 5. He wants to take visits and wants to make sure he visits the right places. Be very shocked to see VT or PSU get thrown out of that top 5.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
elijah hood is back on the board. i'd imagine that UNC, USC-e, and VT would be the big players in this one.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't buy the first two paragraphs. He's not the only one saying it, but UVA has always pulled a few top in-state recruits. That didn't start when London took over.

The article seems to bounce all over the place with little rhyme or reason, talking about a guy, then coming back and talking about him again in a very similar vein later... Put that info together in one place! But it's always interesting to see who they think guys are favoring if you have the patience to parse it.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't buy the first two paragraphs. He's not the only one saying it, but UVA has always pulled a few top in-state recruits. That didn't start when London took over.

True.

I also take exception to the implication that they are somehow in the same league of competitiveness as VT.

Apples and Oranges.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article seems to bounce all over the place with little rhyme or reason, talking about a guy, then coming back and talking about him again in a very similar vein later... Put that info together in one place! But it's always interesting to see who they think guys are favoring if you have the patience to parse it.

There's pressure on those 247 writers to publish. This one wasn't very well sourced or researched, but it put a check mark in a box for the author.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aniebonam announced for the Terps yesterday. No huge surprise there.

I am kind of disappointed that we are no longer pursuing Lamont Simmons with some schollies looking like they may open up. Maybe the staff feels good about what we have and have coming in? As we have seen before, you can't ever have enough DBs. We have also seen that those Fla guys can get a little cold feet when they are taken out of the sunshine state...

Last edited by a moderator:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like one of Ricky Walker's official visits will be to Nebraska.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other officials

Ryan Izzo: Florida State, Wisconsin

Brandon Lee: VT, Northwestern, Cal

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hood to UNC.

No surprise there.

Long way to go yet, but here's a glimpse at how many VT offers have committed to another school:

UNC: 8 (6O, 2D)
Tenn: 7 (4O, 3D)
USCe: 5 (1O, 4D)
UVA: 4 (2O, 2D)

UNC is definitely steep competition, but they only came into Virginia to pull 3 of those guys, and I don't believe we really pushed that hard for two of them (Henderson and Clarke). The other 5 were from North Carolina. Tennessee only came to Virginia/DC to pull 2 of their 7. Good to see UVA further down the list here.

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when Tech is getting this unexpected commit? I thought it was before the High School Season started Reavis said

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers lost to Fresno State....I'm kinda hoping they have a shitty season so Izzo and Brown realize VT is the better program. UVA losing to BYU would be nice too ;)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you 100%..especially with UVA. Hope they lose every damn game and their dream team of a recruiting class crumbles and runs for greener pastures (even if it isn't necessarily VT).

With those Jersey guys it will obviously come down to what is more important...

A) Being close to home
OR
B) Winning more games with another program (VT, Wisky, seem to be the others in the mix)..

If Rutgers gets the right people on board, I think they could be good in the B1G. IT will take some time though.