• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what led JC to predict Brady Taylor to VT yesterday? Seems odd considering Brady didn't even make it to the camp.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ Stewart committed to UNC.

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's disappointing. VT's DB haul from last year definitely didn't help here, but I like those guys a lot. Stewart has a lot of versatility at RB too. Hope he does well...except when they're playing Tech.

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel either Nnadi or Walker 1 of them will commit before August. You guy's like techs chances with Noah Brown and Izzo? I heard Jesse Anembom and Street aren't considering tech anymore.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel either Nnadi or Walker 1 of them will commit before August. You guy's like techs chances with Noah Brown and Izzo? I heard Jesse Anembom and Street aren't considering tech anymore.

Probably later. Still think we have a great shot at both.

No.

I think you are correct..Maryland (JA)and NCST (KS)seem to be the teams to beat for their services.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 lists Kicker Michael Santamaria as a walk-on. In case anybody was wondering he got a scholly or not.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may have seen it, but here's a video I found that has the Elite DMV OL vs. DL. Multiple future VT & UVA guys in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpcT5QFyvE]DC NFTC: OL/DL One-on-Ones (Part 1) - YouTube[/ame]

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's disappointing. VT's DB haul from last year definitely didn't help here, but I like those guys a lot. Stewart has a lot of versatility at RB too. Hope he does well...except when they're playing Tech.

He had a Virginia Tech hat on then took it off and put on a UNC one. He did it jokingly though. No real malice.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may have seen it, but here's a video I found that has the Elite DMV OL vs. DL. Multiple future VT & UVA guys in it.

DC NFTC: OL/DL One-on-Ones (Part 1) - YouTube

J.Sweat looks like a beast. My six year old daughter could do a better job against A.Brown than that guy Brantley did, but Brown also did what he wanted against that 4-star OL headed to ND. Lol at Brock Ruble getting schooled by a 2016 recruit!!!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I noticed that too .. Ruble and Mustipher both look a bit overrated. Moss looks slow.

Jalyn Holmes looked beast but I have no idea who that scrub was that he was going against.

Nnadi, Sweat, Holmes, and Brown all showed out.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice video JP. Thanks for sharing!

A few quick thoughts. Sweat looked real good going up against one of the best in the class of '14. Top priority for next years class IMO.

Nnadi looked pissed off and unstoppable. I've decided that if we don't land him..JMO, but this class will be a collossal failure on our coaches/recruiters part.

Either Andrew Brown has a real good first step or he was going up against total scrubs. He looked dominant and was barely even touched. Same for Holmes.

These OLinemen were obviously no match for this collection of beast DLinemen.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These OLinemen were obviously no match for this collection of beast DLinemen.

Well, let's be fair. The most an OL guy can do in these drills is slow the defensive guy down a little bit. Their job during a game is to work as a team to set up a particular scenario -- something these drills don't really display.

These are some beast D Linemen, though.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to tell much from those little drills... it's only pass blocking, the DL aren't being double teamed (and not even a chip from a RB, TE, OG or C in most cases) and they've got no gap responsibility. The DL just get to pin their ears back and slap a rollie-pollie dummy (which Logan Thomas is not).

But the OL's looked pretty raw and most of their footwork needs serious work. and yes, the DL's looked like the better athletes for the most part.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweat looked real good going up against one of the best in the class of '14. Top priority for next years class IMO.

Sweat was probably the most impressive of all of those guys on that video. Prince is probably my #1 OT prospect in the country this year.

Nnadi looked pissed off and unstoppable. I've decided that if we don't land him..JMO, but this class will be a collossal failure on our coaches/recruiters part..

Nnadi is the kind of DT that put VT's defense on the map. Low to the ground, wide, has great leverage, a nose for the ball-carrier, and a motor that never stops. Dude wants to dominate his opponent on every play. There is no Dlineman in VA this year that i'd rather have at VT other than maybe Hand. And that is just because Hand is a freak of nature.

Either Andrew Brown has a real good first step or he was going up against total scrubs. He looked dominant and was barely even touched. Same for Holmes.

Both. Brown's strengths are his first step and hands. He is very aggressive with his hands.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From vtscoop.com

On Monday, four star receiver, Cameron Phillips visited Virginia Tech for a one on one visit with the coaching staff. Phillips left Blacksburg feeling great about VT.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Sounds like Phillips is a real possibility. It is refreshing to see us going after "true" WRs and not projects who are "athletes". Some of those guys have (Davis) and will hopefully (Caleb) work out, but it is a process. Cabrera, Proehl, Brown, Philips...gimme a couple.

FWIW, sounds like McKenzie is starting to cool on VT considerably.

Moseph

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at Cameron Phillips profile... and saw Demetrious Johnson out of Maryland as well who doesnt seem to have the best offer list... any idea why?... and why VT isnt interested?!?