• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree this better not hurt us with Nnadi he seems pretty angry.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to throw a congrats tweet at a dude after he commits, fine, but trash talking any recruit is a terrible idea. A lot if these guys become very good friends during the process. You never know who is reading.

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Hope he still plans on coming to camp next week. Hopefully 1 idiot won't ruin it with Nnadi for Tech.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll preface this with saying no fan should ever tweet a recruit. Mind your own damn business. But that said, if a kid really knocks a school out of consideration because an idiot fan or two rubs him the wrong way then I'm not sure he's really worth having. Be more mature about it. You're making a big life decision. I don't care if you're 17 or 18 years old. Don't act like you're a 12 year old whining because your feelings got hurt on Twitter because someone said Justin Bieber sucks ass

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Josh Cabrera will be at this upcoming camp.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fwiw: there was a uva fan basically doing the same thing a month or two ago .. actually worse than that IMO ... i think that derek is smarter than that .. but there are a few crazy VT fans showing their ass on twitter -- it definitely doesn't help.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh...if Nnadi was responding to the tweets made by @Hokie4lifee, then I can't see why he would be so upset. Statements like the one's that Hokie fan tweeted have been written all over the internet for the past year or more. Shouldn't be anything recruits haven't heard before. BTW, doesn't Hokie4life post on here?

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demetric Warren of varsitypreps.com just predicted Noah Brown to us on 247. That makes it 2 predictions to us in the last 5 days.

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone summarize the twitter stuff? Looks like both parties may have deleted some or all of it.

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like Nnadi may not be the upcoming big commit for the July camp based on his twitter.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know all the specifics because I was late checking twitter as well, but sounds like a VT fan(or fans) were talking smack to Corwin Cutler and Nnadi didn't like it. After all they were HS teammates so I'm sure they're friends. I saw JC Coleman tweeted Nnadi to not be bothered by it so hopefully that's enough damage control.
Later when Reavis tweeted about VT campus food, Nnadi added "the food is real out there" which is a good sign even if it seems like a small thing. I remember Jalyn Holmes literally could not say one positive thing about VT on twitter when he started to sway away from us, so the fact Nnadi still will admit positive things about VT is encouraging to me.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is why I don't follow the twitter feeds of high school recruits.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know all the specifics because I was late checking twitter as well, but sounds like a VT fan(or fans) were talking smack to Corwin Cutler and Nnadi didn't like it. After all they were HS teammates so I'm sure they're friends. I saw JC Coleman tweeted Nnadi to not be bothered by it so hopefully that's enough damage control.
Later when Reavis tweeted about VT campus food, Nnadi added "the food is real out there" which is a good sign even if it seems like a small thing. I remember Jalyn Holmes literally could not say one positive thing about VT on twitter when he started to sway away from us, so the fact Nnadi still will admit positive things about VT is encouraging to me.

The dumbass hokie tweeted this to Ricky DeBerry

@D1Dreams22 u r too good for perennial loser UVA! Make the best choice for yourself, don't be brainwashed like so many other VA kids lately!

Having been strongly considering both UVA and VT, and having several buds that have committed to the hoos, Derrick took offense and let the poster know it.

A UVA supporter took the posts and made a post on the grounds sewer on 247, and it escalated to a far wider audience.

Cutler simply weighed in on the dumbass tweet, and nothing was said negatively against Corwyn.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fans need to avoid negative tweets. It really turns people (and more importantly, recruits) off.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is getting OT, but...

I don't know much about twitter (don't have one..facebook neither), but don't you have to be accepted as a "follower" before you can converse with someone on their twitter??

I agree that these people (VT, UVa, and every other fan alike) should just leave these players alone...but if the rules are what I think they are (above)..then why do these people let anyone and everyone have access to their personal life on social media. I have never quite grasped the concept of that.

Maybe so that someone can brag about how many friends or followers they have??? Funny :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked when he would commit on twitter over the weekend, Nnadi said "after I take my official visits". Thst indicates to me that he may not be the big time hopeful commit at next week's camp.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on your settings. You can choose to have it private which would let the user to allow or deny followers, but if you have it as public, then people can just follow you if they want. Of course the user can block a follower after the fact if they don't want them to be a follower or whatever.

Not putting much stock into it, but when asked if he felt good about VT getting Walker, Reavis said "Yupp".

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just scrolled through Reavis's AMA-type thing. After looking at it, my guess is Walker too.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or Lee? That would be a pleasant surprise.