• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer this draws out the more clear it becomes that the top DT and DE in Va never had intentions on playing with one another. Can't say I blame them they are awful close in talent and no one wants to go in to a situation second fiddle from the start based on rankings.Hard sell for any school, but got to try. I think after Brown things clear up a bit.

Does that mean that "leading" for Hand took out more or less out of the running with Brown?

I'm still scratching my head over these guys picking UVA. It's an amazing education and a regional pick, but there isn't a history of winning, major contributors are transferring, the depth chart is incredibly muddy, and London hasn't shown anything in regards to winning games or developing NFL-caliber talent.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does that mean that "leading" for Hand took out more or less out of the running with Brown?

I'm still scratching my head over these guys picking UVA. It's an amazing education and a regional pick, but there isn't a history of winning, major contributors are transferring, the depth chart is incredibly muddy, and London hasn't shown anything in regards to winning games or developing NFL-caliber talent.

I remember the same phase with Al Groh. I also remember when it fell apart for him. London needs to have a spectacular season soon, or his egg-timer will expire.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown did a great job of getting his teammate a VT offer.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown did a great job of getting his teammate a VT offer.

VT did not offer Bradshaw because they thought it would help with Brown.

They like him alot and he had a strong showing at the most recent 7 on 7 from what I heard. I also heard he catches everything.

I thought the coaches came on strong at the end for AB and we had an outside shot, but he has been a UVA lean since the beginning.

Now....if we strike out on Nnadi and Walker....it would be the worst year recruiting that I could think of in years.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mostly kidding but the thought crossed my mind.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember the same phase with Al Groh. I also remember when it fell apart for him. London needs to have a spectacular season soon, or his egg-timer will expire.

London's not getting fired unless this season is a debacle. He'll be able to point to the two 5-star recruits coming in and get himself another year.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
London's not getting fired unless this season is a debacle. He'll be able to point to the two 5-star recruits coming in and get himself another year.

He likely has two years if he doesn't turn things around. But let's not make this thread about him.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London basically had 5 years to turn it around from year 1.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking up Nnadi and Street will still be a fantastic year, especially with a couple more OL

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... So what are people thinking on street, walker, Nnadi? What about NJ brown, and izzo? And are we in position with any LBs? Any more RBs out there? Basically how does this class to from current commits to full class?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... So what are people thinking on street, walker, Nnadi? What about NJ brown, and izzo? And are we in position with any LBs? Any more RBs out there? Basically how does this class to from current commits to full class?

We must land Nnadi....he may also be key in landing Walker. Sounds like NCSU is at the top of Streets list now....and mama is "perfectly fine" with that. I think we stand a good shot at Izzo since BC just had another TE commit, but Brown is getting attention from all over now.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good chance with Nnadi and Walker

Decent chance with Izzo and Brown

Low chance with Street if he doesn't visit again. NCST is the most likely destination for him now, but he has had multiple leaders in the last few months and that could still change.

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well these kids still have their senior seasons to play and lots of time to think. Also you never can tell who is going to blow up this season too, so much talent around. Hell I will settle for a couple 2 stars like Maddy and Nichols again. Long time before Feburary, coaches can get fired,feelings hurt, and minds changed. Been an interesting offseason.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
think we'll get:

- a few more solid OL (hopefully Mitchell and Pettitt who are both mid-high 3 stars)
- hopefully Nnadi and Walker ... I think we get at least 1 of them, 50/50 that we get both
- I think we get 1-2 more SOLID wide receivers .. just got a feeling (Phillips, Cabrera, Malone, Noah Brown ... we'll get a few of them)
- LB -- Hopefully Minor and we have a decent shot at a few others. I think we'll end up offering Glover too (as a whip)
- DB -- One more .. I think MJ Stewart or the kid from Florida (Lamont Simmons). We'll take one more tops. Glover could possibly fit here too
- RB .. meh .. I don't see us taking another one at this time. May wait and see how the season pans out first. Only if he's a stud

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think we'll get:

- a few more solid OL (hopefully Mitchell and Pettitt who are both mid-high 3 stars)
- hopefully Nnadi and Walker ... I think we get at least 1 of them, 50/50 that we get both
- I think we get 1-2 more SOLID wide receivers .. just got a feeling (Phillips, Cabrera, Malone, Noah Brown ... we'll get a few of them)
- LB -- Hopefully Minor and we have a decent shot at a few others. I think we'll end up offering Glover too (as a whip)
- DB -- One more .. I think MJ Stewart or the kid from Florida (Lamont Simmons). We'll take one more tops. Glover could possibly fit here too
- RB .. meh .. I don't see us taking another one at this time. May wait and see how the season pans out first. Only if he's a stud

Hoping big-time for Mitchell and Minor to get on board soon to give this class some momentum. It is cool to see that the current commits we have seem to support each other on social media.

I think VT has plenty of bodies stacked up for whip or guys who will eventually be turned to whip. I want the coaches to pursue players who can bulk out to successful outside and inside backers.

I also think Tech has to take another RB in this class. With Drew Harris falling out, and given the short shelf-life a lot of these guys have, we didn't get any contributors from the past recruiting class. Just saw Taiwan Deal committed to WISC. Donte Thomas-Williams and Shai McKenize are four-star regional recruits that make sense. I see Marshawn contributing big-time when he arrives. He's back to being a solid verbal, right?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to land Nnadi AND Walker. The way the DL recruiting has worked out this year with all of the 4-5* studs in our cross-hairs and our own backyard has been disappointing. VT has been recruiting Hand and Brown for like 3 damn years! Offered Andrew Brown when he was a late freshman/early sophomore if I remember correctly...same with Jamil Kamara. Getting those two guys would heal some wounds.

Honestly, I am not sure who else on the list that we have a great shot at, Mitchell and Pettit are certainly possibilities, and I would like them both. I will reserve judgement and trust Grimey with regards to the OL. He certainly can't do any worse than Newsome did, right? I like Mitchell alot..hope we get him.

Stewart and Minor are must gets IMO (in state top notch guys). It doesn't seem that we have recruited them terribly hard until recently or that they aren't super super interested.

Any of the the 4 star WR's...wouldn't bet the house on it. Throw K. Street in that mix, don't think he will be a Hokie.

Don't want to sound like the sky is falling, VT will end up with 4-5 of these guys I think. But if we miss on some that are closest to being alock (Mitchell, Minor, Nnadi, Walker, Stewart)...people will be jumping off the cliff.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford is trying to recruit Shai McKenzie I saw on twitter.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford is trying to recruit Shai McKenzie I saw on twitter.

Would love to get him. I think Washington PA is pretty close to Pittsburgh, so they will be tough to beat if he wants to stay close to home. Surprised the 'Neers aren't putting the full court press on him.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to get him. I think Washington PA is pretty close to Pittsburgh, so they will be tough to beat if he wants to stay close to home. Surprised the 'Neers aren't putting the full court press on him.

The 'Eers are busy trying to get everyone else's sloppy seconds. They just got the Houston RB transfer and now they may end up with Rushel Shell.