• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to get my hopes up with the predictions on 247, but we keep going up for Street.

50% UGA
38% VT
12% FSU

Maybe he liked us but thought Hand was going and being the same position scared him a little but now that Hand isn't, he's more interested now? I don't know just an assumption.

Plus remember his mom likes him being close to home.

If anyone has info on who will be attending the next camp at VT it'd be great if you could post it here. I'll stalk twitter to try to gather info as well.

We need CJ Reavis on this one...I have as much faith in him bringing in a top recruit as the coaches.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are pretty much out of it for Park

So we went from being almost a lock to land one of Cornwell, Park or Rudolph to possibly missing out on all of them.....:gaah:

If we do, do you guys think we try to get a guy like Andrew Ford who is invited to the Elite 11, but strangely doesn't have any legit offers (UMass and Temple only) or does Loeffler just pass on a qb this class rather than settling for a guy he doesn't really like?

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So we went from being almost a lock to land one of Cornwell, Park or Rudolph to possibly missing out on all of them.....:gaah:

If we do, do you guys think we try to get a guy like Andrew Ford who is invited to the Elite 11, but strangely doesn't have any legit offers (UMass and Temple only) or does Loeffler just pass on a qb this class rather than settling for a guy he doesn't really like?

Only has MAC offers? The staff will definitely be able to sway him then.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only has MAC offers? The staff will definitely be able to sway him then.

Oh yea, I have no doubt if we were to offer then we could get him with his current offers. But I'm just wondering what the deal is with him. I mean if he's invited to the Elite 11 then clearly he's not a scrub. But at the same time why doesn't he have a single offer from a AQ conference school? You would at least think some lower level east coast schools like Wake Forest, Duke and in state Pitt would offer him and try snag him wouldn't you? :scratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Tre'Quan Smith out of Delray Beach, FL just committed to UCF. Had offers from VT, UCLA and Nebraska as well. Not to mention we were the first school to offer him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't land Cornwell or Park then I would just as soon not take a QB this year rather than offer a scholly/reach for a fringe prospect at a position that isn't necessarily a huge need. With Leal, Bucky, Parker etc., Vt should be good for a few years.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Tre'Quan Smith out of Delray Beach, FL just committed to UCF. Had offers from VT, UCLA and Nebraska as well. Not to mention we were the first school to offer him.

Damn, now we're getting beat out by UCF?!?! :L

I'd rather just stock pile on offensive linemen rather than take another QB. A big reason VT has had crappy offensive lines is due to the lack of depth. Guys have not panned out, but still ended up starting.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford intrigues me because of his success and ranking in a state as tough as PA. He was down for one of I'd camps and spent a ton of extra time with Lefty and Lefty seemed to really like him. Much like Grimes, I am giving Loeffler and Moorehead a ton of slack for the first few years and trusting their thoughts. If they decide to offer Ford, that's enough for me.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of you. If Lefty or Grimes offer a kid, i trust in their decision. I would also rather fill any misses with OL. We need depth there

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you guys. I will give them some slack for now on their decisions with scholarships. I do hope we can fill in the depth issues at O-line as well with our misses as well. I think with some of our recent hauls we can weather the misses on D-line especially. I'm just can't wait until the season to end all speculation and see what we can produce this year with the revamped staff.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo should we get our hopes up?

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And CJ said the news isn't Shawn Payne.

Also Jacob Park committed to UGA.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Cornwell just committed to Bama :burt:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. Cant say i'm surprised. Hopefully whatever Reavis is talkin about is big news.