• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea why some of 247's gurus are predicting Hand to Bama now?

:shocked: What Saban wants, Saban gets? :noidea:

I wonder if Saban and Andrew Brown are both in Hand's ear.

Hopefully, Hand is just screwing with everybody now.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just from reading the free comments on the 247 forum sounds like things have taken a drastic turn for the worst for us. Not sure of the specifics though.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...sounds like bad news is on the horizon. I effing hate Alabama

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think hand becomes a Hokie. It always seemed like a pipe dream. And hand even said how he and foster haven't talked in awhile... WTF

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what exactly has been said that everyone is up in arms? Some dude named Greg Croft (Lara's brother?) just predicted Hand to VT this evening! He covers Pitt, so he should be in the know, right?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I have been out if town since Friday on other family stuff and kind if out of touch.

I will check in tomorrow with folks. Even if he doesn't list is as a favorite, I like what we have to offer to him.

As far as Bud not contacting him, there was a prolonged dead period in there.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah .. multiple sources saying that wasn't true ... he hears from bud ... minimum ... every week or two

... but JC over on 247 is talking as if he is about to name a top 3 and VT will not be in it :gaah:

... reading between the lines and have a good idea of who the top 3 will be but that'll come out soon enough i guess ... and it sounds like it will be a top 3 ---- not a final 3 ... but not positive about that

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 of the guys on 247 changed their Da'shawn Hand predictions to Bama tonight. Beginning to look like VT is picking a bad year to not lock up in-state tallent.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually surprised by the fact that Nnadi and Brown don't get along much. Not too long ago I saw Nnadi post a vine referring to Brown as "my boy drew", but maybe that was just a courtesy thing since he was in the camera angle.

Also, Tyler Powell committed to UNC. I think he was waiting for a VT offer but I'm assuming we wanted to see how the chips fall with Brown, Nnadi and Walker first.

Oh and is Walker waiting for Brown and Nnadi to see where they end up? I know QB's are pretty sensitive about higher rated guys committing to the same school. I mean he seemed to be a VT lean since day 1 but haven't really heard much about him in terms of camps and recruiting in general so not sure if that's changed. Was he at the VT camp like 2 weekends ago? Will he be at the next one?

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Ohio State is now listed as warm along with VT on 247 for Raymon Minor.

But also realized that Raymon is wearing VT shorts in his twitter picture:clap:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is because we don't offer a sports management program, his desired major, according to some.

I'm curious to see if VT is "eliminated" or just not in the top 3 --- not that it matters .. but agree --- if we can get him on campus and convince him that there are some business majors very close to what he's looking for, who knows --- but I'd say this ship has sailed (like Holmes) .. Never say never .. but it's an uphill battle for a program that's already a recruiting underdog to Michigan, Bama, FSU, tOSU, etc.

This sucks .. but it's the same reason that Andrew Brown is looking seriously at us, and his taste for UVA may be waining

Word is that Walker will be visiting soon and that we're still in pretty good shape (think some of the Pennsylvania schools are in it too ... if Tennessee offers, they could be a problem)

Minor -- a good source over on 247 seems to think that he is pretty much locked up but he is interested in tOSU

... and Mike Farrell is a troll

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much $$ is Saban throwing it him...

Maybe we can get Street up to VT and steal him. He would be a nice replacement

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blanding and Kamara -- out of our coach's control
Henderson -- from what I gather, we didn't really want him
Moss -- from what I've read, way overrated (read the most recent rivals 5star challenge--dude got owned)

Holmes -- Personally, I think that some of his peeps were much more influential than originally thought -- no evidence of that, just an opinion (same as the deal with Blanding and Kamara but those folks don't claim to REALLY push those kids onto UVA as much as they openly admit to push them away from VT)

Hand ... it really sucks

maybe things can turn around for Hand and Holmes but it'll be an uphill battle that I don't think we win

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We missed out on some in state talent but we also have the #1 QB (by some people) in the country on a 2 day visit this week.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We missed out on some in state talent but we also have the #1 QB (by some people) in the country on a 2 day visit this week.

Yea... but... he's a pocket passer (heh).

I've said it behind closed doors... this school just isn't ready for a white QB. We've just got some very intolerant people out there who don't think a whitey pocket passer can be Virginia Tech's QB. We still have a long way to go as a football fan society. I have a dream... that one day... a white, immobile QB with a rocket arm, can sit in the pocket and go through his progressions in peace and harmony.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said it behind closed doors... this school just isn't ready for a white QB. We've just got some very intolerant people out there who don't think a whitey pocket passer can be Virginia Tech's QB. We still have a long way to go as a football fan society. I have a dream... that one day... a white, immobile QB with a rocket arm, can sit in the pocket and go through his progressions in peace and harmony.

Rep if i could

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't we already try this? :lol:

bailey-v.-va-tech.jpg

ncf_glennon_sack_275.jpg