• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected Rivals Camp - Richmond was loaded with studs, many of whom are on VTs offer list.

RECAP: Nnadi must have made quite an impression as he was awarded DL MVP. Hand, Brown, Street, Tabor, Holmes, Prince, Blanding and Kamara were also invited to the Rivals 5 star challenge.

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Rivals Camp Series Richmond: Buzz

Hood, Thompson, Berrios, Crosby and others are in action today at the Rivals Camp - Charlotte.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep .. Think he's down to fsu, Uga, vt, and ole miss

Nnadi is down to UVA and vt

Hand down to vt and Michigan, with a few others having an outside shot

Probably in top 5 for brown and walker and Holmes

.. Not to mention the kid in Maryland that we have a shot at

.. And we already have Mihota....stud DL class .. Probably the best in the nation

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the word on Drew Harris...I haven't heard anything about the guy in a long time.

Has that ship sailed?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still hasn't enrolled anywhere else. If he is sitting out Spring everywhere, no reason to think he wouldn't be in Blacksburg by the time he can start practicing.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a slow few days for recruiting news so I'll post a few things from twitter. Nothing that important.

Kyle Chung won't be at the spring game because his high school's prom is the same day.

Kyle Chung recruiting CJ Reavis. "Come to Tech bro! You'll a key part to the best DB squad in the nation." CJ responded "I feel you bro"

Kyle is also staying in touch with David Cornwell, talking about visiting dates. Probably just to see if they'll be on campus at the same time. One tweet that stood out to me was Cornwell's "gotta see my man Leoffler!"

CJ Reavis apparently received a call from Shane at 6:30 in the morning today. He said nobody else had called him until like 10 minutes ago he tweeted that Tennessee had called him. I think today is the first day coaches can call 2014 recruits or something like that. (feel free to correct me)
But I did like the tweet by Reavis that said "best recruiter in the business" regarding Shane.

Reavis talks to Trevion Armstrong (2015 WR) so if we get Reavis, it'll probably help to get Armstrong as well.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offered Quincy Wilson, 4 star DB out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Has 41 offers so seems like a long shot, but seems to know CJ Reavis. Probably met at a camp or something. Maybe CJ can work on him?

Ironically, about an hour before Wilson tweeted that he received a VT offer, Reavis tweeted "Could me & @DC_Wilson954 be in the same secondary in college?"

Tennessee fans trying super hard on twitter to land both, adding to their already crazy DB class.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he has let it be known before, but sounds like CJ Reavis is committing before the season starts. Some guy on twitter asked about the Wisconsin game on September 28th and Reavis replied

"lol I'm committing before then so idk".

Is the spring game wishful thinking? :)

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Shurburtt over at 24/7 posted his predictions for a lot of the top talent, and here's how it played out:

VT - Dashawn Hand (89% of staff there agrees!!), Jalyn Holmes, Jacob Park, Travon McMillian, Raymon Minor, CJ Reavis, Ricky Walker

UVA - Andrew Brown, Derrick Nnadi, Jeremiah Clarke, JJ Jackson, Jamil Kamara,

Others of note:

Elijah Hood to UNC
Dominque Booth to Tenn
Damian Prince to FSU
Kentavius Street to UGA
David Cornwell to Alabama

These are just educated guesses (had Caleb Henderson going to Mich State, whoops), but still neat to see guys in "the recruiting know" make these picks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I'd take that all day and twice on Sundays

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big keys to the SG this year is the fact that Bucky and a few other 2013 guys will be there and recruiting hard for us. Bucky is REALLY looked up to by those guys and between him and JC yelling to them from the sidelines (I would t put it past him) I think we could have a great day of recruiting.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Shurburtt over at 24/7 posted his predictions for a lot of the top talent, and here's how it played out:

VT - Dashawn Hand (89% of staff there agrees!!), Jalyn Holmes, Jacob Park, Travon McMillian, Raymon Minor, CJ Reavis, Ricky Walker

Others of note:

Elijah Hood to UNC
Dominque Booth to Tenn
Damian Prince to FSU
Kentavius Street to UGA

These are just educated guesses (had Caleb Henderson going to Mich State, whoops), but still neat to see guys in "the recruiting know" make these picks.

We need that haul (w/ Holmes as a TE) and would be great of we could pull in Nnadi and Street. We're also in good shape for Noah Brown and maybe Kelleher. Need to add some O-Linemen....were there not any OL recruits that Grimes was pursuing while at Auburn who we may have a shot at?

Are we out of it for Prince now? The coaches need to pay that guy a visit.
I still don't see what is so great about FSU that guys from VA and Maryland are going there.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm Wood on Twitter

"Chris Nelson, a def. tackle from Lakeland, Fla. who committed in Aug. to #UVA for the class of 2014, is apparently no longer committed."

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm Wood on Twitter

"Chris Nelson, a def. tackle from Lakeland, Fla. who committed in Aug. to #UVA for the class of 2014, is apparently no longer committed."

London making room for Brown and Nnadi? :think:

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Others of note:

Elijah Hood to UNC
Dominque Booth to Tenn
Damian Prince to FSU
Kentavius Street to UGA

JMO, very little chance that any of the VT leans above jump to UVA.

Some chance still for Nnadi and Brown for VT.

Above haul is worst case for us.