• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Frey:

Noticed on another thread that he's visited VT quite a few times and is looking hard for an offer (listed as an ATH and seems to be recruited as a LB by most)

He has a few offers (Syracuse being the most notable at this point) and is from Columbus Ohio. ranked as a 3-star 81 on 247:

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Chris Frey:

Noticed on another thread that he's visited VT quite a few times and is looking hard for an offer (listed as an ATH and seems to be recruited as a LB by most)

He has a few offers (Syracuse being the most notable at this point) and is from Columbus Ohio. ranked as a 3-star 81 on 247:

He wants an offer bad. He is a bit of a tweener now but could grow into a LB or Safety. His competition isn't the greatest. He needs to get bigger and a bit faster.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are recruiting a few QBs for the 2014 class, but is there any word that Drew Barker is getting some looks? He is from Kentucky so it would seem to put him in our regional area of recruiting.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know we are recruiting a few QBs for the 2014 class, but is there any word that Drew Barker is getting some looks? He is from Kentucky so it would seem to put him in our regional area of recruiting.

Doubt we take a pure QB in 2014

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan kelleher reporting an offer today. 6'6" 306 lb OL from SC

read that Clemson, Stanford, and Notre Dame were his favorites as of a few days ago, but as far as I could find we seem to be his first offer. Sounds like he wants to be an engineer, so we may have a shot here if we can get a decent OL coach.

JDVT5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. I've been a member of the SportsHoopla for a while but it's been a loooong time since I've posted, but I have been following. I went to the Oscar Smith vs. Ocean Lakes regional final last week when I was home for Thanksgiving break and I really really want Derrick Nnadi. He's a straight up baller whose motor never stops. He got dinged up early in the game and still made numerous plays. He's the reason OL won IMO. I know we're all worried about offense but he would be a great addition to Hokie Nation. Anyone have any inside information on his recruitment?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC Nnadi's kinda gone back and forth between UVA and VT, maybe a little more UVA lean, probably stays in state. Evan could tell you better. You can dig back through this thread, I know there have been posts about him.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey guys. I've been a member of the SportsHoopla for a while but it's been a loooong time since I've posted, but I have been following. I went to the Oscar Smith vs. Ocean Lakes regional final last week when I was home for Thanksgiving break and I really really want Derrick Nnadi. He's a straight up baller whose motor never stops. He got dinged up early in the game and still made numerous plays. He's the reason OL won IMO. I know we're all worried about offense but he would be a great addition to Hokie Nation. Anyone have any inside information on his recruitment?
Nnadi will probably stay in state. He has lots of people around him pro UVA but has family tied to VT. It will go Back and forth for a while. He is a beast though.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IIRC Nnadi's kinda gone back and forth between UVA and VT, maybe a little more UVA lean, probably stays in state. Evan could tell you better. You can dig back through this thread, I know there have been posts about him.
Nope you pretty much nailed it at this point. I also am a big fan of Ricky Walker, he is flat out mean on the field. Nicest kid you could ever meet off of it.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UVA coaching moves (fired DC/Assoc HC, DL/recruiting coordinator, RB and TE coaches) may help our 2014 class more than 2013... We'll see how London fills those positions, but they're losing time and attention right now.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Herndon projects as a LB or OL? Odd combination of positions.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mike Herndon projects as a LB or OL? Odd combination of positions.
Personally I like him at OL and believe that is where he will end up. I checked over at 247 who has him listed as an ILB right now. I believe he will end up on either OL or DL in college though depending on how he grows.

Michael Herndon

Edit: Just checked and it looks like we are recruiting him as OL.