• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wondered about that with Rivals. They seem to be second on the boat a lot to 247. Also I absolutely love (saying VERY sarcastically) when I see tweets from like Mike@rivals saying that so and so really wants that 5th star they've signed up for our camp. Sad that they make kids feel the only way to attain star status is to attend their 7 on 7's and camps. These kids working their butt off and it doesn't matter unless they show up at a camp etc and perform. Also their biases are interesting even though they swear they aren't. Like for instance I'll see someone ask about a Hokie recruit and how they didn't get a higher rating after a phenomenal showing at a all star game (like Holland Fisher) and they'll say that they don't grade based off just one game, but then Vernon Hargreaves gets to leapfrog Kendal Fuller (who played great in his allstar game) because of what they said was an excellent showing at Vernon's allstar game.

They are so full of crap.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals is like ESPN, it is corporate and drives itself. They have subscriptions to other pay sites and steal stuff from there but are too big to challenge.

Hell, we all know they were monitoring this board and stealing stuff from Evan all the time. We got the emails about it.

I know for a fact on this case that it was not Rivals who received that text.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wondered about that with Rivals. They seem to be second on the boat a lot to 247. Also I absolutely love (saying VERY sarcastically) when I see tweets from like Mike@rivals saying that so and so really wants that 5th star they've signed up for our camp. Sad that they make kids feel the only way to attain star status is to attend their 7 on 7's and camps. These kids working their butt off and it doesn't matter unless they show up at a camp etc and perform. Also their biases are interesting even though they swear they aren't. Like for instance I'll see someone ask about a Hokie recruit and how they didn't get a higher rating after a phenomenal showing at a all star game (like Holland Fisher) and they'll say that they don't grade based off just one game, but then Vernon Hargreaves gets to leapfrog Kendal Fuller (who played great in his allstar game) because of what they said was an excellent showing at Vernon's allstar game.

They are so full of crap.

All recruiting "services" are full of crap. 46 can tell you way more about it than I can and I'll leave that up to him.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's all to sell, sell, sell. Sad part it that they bill it so much as building relationships with these kids. Now there are some good ones that work for these that really do have the kids best interests in mind, but the end of the day they're going to do what sells subscriptions etc.

That's why I always preach that I don't care what our ranking etc is in recruiting. Our coaches have done an excellent job in the past recruiting for our systems and I'll go with them over these sites anyday.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cool free article from a familiar author over on the free side of 247. This (Western Branch) is Vince Hall's school and a good place to get into for the future:

Virginia Tech eyeing several at Western Branch

Nice to see CB hittin it hard. Ricks claims to have gotten an offer already (according to scout :rollseyes:) but 247 and rivals don't have that listed. I have also heard TJ Boothe's name before. Sounds like some promising prospects, I am sure most or all of them may be getting offers soon if they already haven't.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see CB hittin it hard. Ricks claims to have gotten an offer already (according to scout :rollseyes:) but 247 and rivals don't have that listed. I have also heard TJ Boothe's name before. Sounds like some promising prospects, I am sure most or all of them may be getting offers soon if they already haven't.

Trying to keep it under the radar, but kids do love to talk

Scout.com: 2014 Intro: Terence Ricks

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanding set to announce next Wed. All signs are pointing him to Hooville. I think FSU, UNC, and Michigan have a combined 1% chance if he is announcing this early. I am sure the 'Breds and CML want him to try and recruit Brown and Kamara over the next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top ten, five star recruit announces his commitment to a team coming off of a 4 win season that has gone to three bowl games in the last decade and has a coach with a record of 16-21 and is clearly on his way out before even visiting any other school.

Yeah, there is nothing fishy about that at all. We were never going to get Blanding and we will get Reavis and had a great DB haul in 2013 so whatever, but this kid needs to take a step back and think about his future. At least take visits.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we can get Holland on campus, that's a push at best .. but Blanding will be a player for sure. FWIW: I just have a feeling that Brown doesn't end up at UVA. He is a super-smart kid and he would seem to be much warmer on UVA than he is if that were the case. It's a year from now but I just have a feeling that he ends up at UNC or SEC-bound ... Would love to get him but that's OK .. we have Vinny Mihota who may end up as a DT, Wyatt, I think we'll get Ricky Walker, and think we have at least a 50/50 shot on Nnadi (didn't realize that he was a legacy kid). Throw Hand and Holmes in there hopefully and you've got a #1 DL class there people...without Brown.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that Rivals is reporting a VT offer for Kinlaw. And not recent, apparently... there's a hokiehaven article from back in May of last year that says (in the free blurb) that "VT has already offered".

Update: searching back through the posts here, it sounds like in Evan's opinion that's a mistake by Rivals.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has a commitable offer, it's news to me.

Also, Marshawn is headed to UVA thus weekend but i'm not too concerned.

Yeah. I can't imagine after the UVA/8 QB/ Watford debacle that Smith would nudge him in that direction.

...then again, MW doesn't play for Smith anymore, does he.

I'm still optimistic Marshawn still ends up a Hokie. That may hinge on how the RB situation plays out at VT this year. If Edmunds, Harris, or someone else doesn't blow it up, that would be a good thing in regards to Williams. FTR, I'm not hoping for that. Hoping that THE RB (not plural) for the next 2 or 3 emerges this spring and summer.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a tweet that said that Park was going to be visiting again like March 2nd and I know Cornwell tweeted that he spoke with Beamer and is coming up soon for a visit. Hopefully this all boils down to us getting a strong QB commit soon.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quin Blanding announces today. Will the Thoroughbreds triumph again? We shall see.

Edit: Can you imagine how awkward it will look with UVA being at the top of the rivals 100? Weirddddd.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quin Blanding announces today. Will the Thoroughbreds triumph again? We shall see.

Edit: Can you imagine how awkward it will look with UVA being at the top of the rivals 100? Weirddddd.

They had better enjoy their time at the top. This should easily be the most prized recruit of the season for them. After another sub-par season..the cards will begin to fall.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After another sub-par season..the cards will begin to fall.

That's obviously not true if you have been paying attention to the recent comments by our Executive Associate Athletics Director, Jon Oliver.