• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gosh i hope so

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. Probably will wait to see how we do with 2013 RBs and how his season goes.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. Probably will wait to see how we do with 2013 RBs and how his season goes.

Meh..OK. Not sure I really agree with that recruiting philosophy (if that is what Beamer and Co. is doing). JMHO, but you should put out offers to legacy recruits (that are likely going to be a Top 250-300 guys/Top 25 at his respective position) fairly early in the process. Not to mention, it would be great to establish a relationship with Goose Creek HS coaches. But hey the coaches are coaches and I am just an average fan so..I am sure they know something that I don't.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meh..OK. Not sure I really agree with that recruiting philosophy (if that is what Beamer and Co. is doing). JMHO, but you should put out offers to legacy recruits (that are likely going to be a Top 250-300 guys/Top 25 at his respective position) fairly early in the process. Not to mention, it would be great to establish a relationship with Goose Creek HS coaches. But hey the coaches are coaches and I am just an average fan so..I am sure they know something that I don't.
VT is a bit different in how and when they offer players, right or wrong, they have their own methods of conducting an offer. Shane is shaking up some things in regards to offers as well. I think Kinlaw will get an offer, he will probably have to camp/visit to get one though...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT is a bit different in how and when they offer players, right or wrong, they have their own methods of conducting an offer. Shane is shaking up some things in regards to offers as well. I think Kinlaw will get an offer, he will probably have to camp/visit to get one though...

Yeah, I guess I see your point (assuming he hasn't visited or camped). I am sure that anything short of a national top 50 player, they would want to see up close and personal. Surprised he hasn't done that this year though. I know he had an injury during the track season. Maybe he is taking it easy in regards to that. Don't want to let him slip away to Clemson or USCe (who I believe has already offered). I am sure we will be in contention in the end..

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fairly recent article (July 9) from The Post And Courier (Charlestown SC I believe) talking about Caleb.

The reporter lists four offers for Caleb: South Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.

After reading the article, it seems to me that the reporter got his info from Caleb's HS coach, who really should have the ground truth on his recruiting.

“The recruiting has gotten so crazy in the last few years,” said Goose Creek coach Chuck Reedy. “South Carolina offered Caleb when he was a freshman, and the offers have been coming ever since. I’m not sure how many he has right now. I can’t keep up.”

Put me in the Caleb has a VT offer camp.

Article:
"http://www.postandcourier.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120709/PC20/120709264&template=videoplayer&videoId=1
Goose Creek’s Caleb Kinlaw and Stratford’s Jacob Park among top prospects in 2014 recruiting class | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

Video:
Goose Creek’s Caleb Kinlaw and Stratford’s Jacob Park among top prospects in 2014 recruiting class | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's a fairly recent article (July 9) from The Post And Courier (Charlestown SC I believe) talking about Caleb.

The reporter lists four offers for Caleb: South Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.

After reading the article, it seems to me that the reporter got his info from Caleb's HS coach, who really should have the ground truth on his recruiting.

“The recruiting has gotten so crazy in the last few years,” said Goose Creek coach Chuck Reedy. “South Carolina offered Caleb when he was a freshman, and the offers have been coming ever since. I’m not sure how many he has right now. I can’t keep up.”

Put me in the Caleb has a VT offer camp.

Article:
"http://www.postandcourier.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120709/PC20/120709264&template=videoplayer&videoId=1

Video:
There are lots of options when it comes to an offer, he may have been told by the coaches that they want to offer him, but I do not believe that an official verbal offer has been extended at this point. If/When he visits Blacksburg I would be shocked if he did not leave with an offer. The staff has a method to how they offer and usually a player needs to visit first (not all the time, but usually).

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, i think the only school I'd go to in the ACC would be Virginia Tech, I prefer SEC, or wherever i have the best opportunity to play ..
@TheLaw2021

Caleb Kinlaw

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, i think the only school I'd go to in the ACC would be Virginia Tech, I prefer SEC, or wherever i have the best opportunity to play ..
@TheLaw2021

Caleb Kinlaw

He looks like he'd be the perfect running back for GT after seeing the offense his high school plays...

SPHINX06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 TARGET Ricky Walker rated 4 STAR BY 247.

SPHINX06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello All Virginia transplant from Pittsburgh Pa. 22 year AF retired and current project manager and Process improvement analyst, Love football and adopted following D1 SPORTS IN VA.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome, Sphinx!

Looks like CB D'Andre Payne also picked up a 4th star. And we've offered Trevion Thompson? Hadn't heard that name before.

SPHINX06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I am a Yinzer born and bread.

SPHINX06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2