• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We wouldn't be a Bama or LSU in the SEC (or like Florida in the past), competing every single season for an SEC championship game .. but we'd be one of those teams that springs up every few years to kick ass/take names and compete (think Georgia, Auburn) .. We certainly wouldn't be in the same category as the SEC bottom feeders. I don't give a shit what the money looks like. And our recruiting has picked up over the last few years and would only get MUCH better if we left for the SEC. I agree that we wouldn't be losing those 4* and 5* recruits to OOS competition NEARLY as much. Will some still go elsewhere? Sure .. But, with exception of a recruit here and there, we would absolutely OWN Virginia (UVA football would practically drop off the face of the earth unless they landed somewhere). To add, we would be able to dip a lot more into the DC/Pennsylvania/NorthEast, build an even bigger presence in the Carolinas and Georgia, and probably start dipping a little into the Big 10 areas. Mo Money helps with that.

Weaver and Steger can tow the ACC line all they want to (and they should at this point because keeping the conference together is in VT's best interest) .. but if FSU/Clemson leave, VT will be looking for a new home, somewhere.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We were scouting the Fort Meade-Kathleen spring football game no doubt looking at Javon Harrison per @PrepsEditor

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C-USA bound ODU gives Vincent Lowe his first Div1 offer.

Could be a great place for Vincent, if he doesn't get any bigger. His speed is awesome, but if he pumps up, he will lose some of it, to carry his size.

He still could go through a spurt though, and be a great Div 1 prospect.

Right now, the battle between Vincent Lowe and Mustaqueem Williams could be something to pay attention to. Right now, Mustaqueem is a bit taller, and a bit faster.

I cant wait to see how these guys do in the fall.

Ahhhhh, is there anything better than real amateur sports, ie, high school kids fighting for an opportunity to get an education, and make something of their lives?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
C-USA bound ODU gives Vincent Lowe his first Div1 offer.

Could be a great place for Vincent, if he doesn't get any bigger. His speed is awesome, but if he pumps up, he will lose some of it, to carry his size.

He still could go through a spurt though, and be a great Div 1 prospect.

Right now, the battle between Vincent Lowe and Mustaqueem Williams could be something to pay attention to. Right now, Mustaqueem is a bit taller, and a bit faster.

I cant wait to see how these guys do in the fall.

Ahhhhh, is there anything better than real amateur sports, ie, high school kids fighting for an opportunity to get an education, and make something of their lives?
Marshawn Williams and Kinlaw are very high on VT

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great......trying to get Brown to go to Alabama with him?......

They didn't mention that Brown would be playing at OFSHS this year. I wouldn't worry about Brown visiting 'Bama. He was probably going to take a hard look at them anyway.

Foozball probably won't like to hear this but...

He is one of those guys (like Kirven was and Hand is as well),that if we miss out on him..it won't be because we didn't bust our ass trying.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true, but him going to Oscar Smith doesn't really sound any better. I hope JC can help on here.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't mention that Brown would be playing at OFSHS this year. I wouldn't worry about Brown visiting 'Bama. He was probably going to take a hard look at them anyway.

Foozball probably won't like to hear this but...

He is one of those guys (like Kirven was and Hand is as well),that if we miss out on him..it won't be because we didn't bust our ass trying.

Except he is about 30x the player Kirven was... and he was a sophmore last year. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Brown and Hand are can't-miss game-changing super stars. Better get at least one of them or I'll be pissed

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown and Hand are can't-miss game-changing super stars. Better get at least one of them or I'll be pissed

There is no such thing as a "can't miss" prospect in college football.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know anything about Damian Prince? 247 says he is good and likes us a lot.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rivals doesn't have us listed as being interested/offered

Not surprised in the least.

HokieHaven, the Rivals site for Tech, is in tatters with the departure of Mohr and CZY. CZY was Mohr's primary source and he now heads up the 247 site for Tech.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mustaqueem Williams wins the VHSL 100m outdoor championship today in a blazing 10.48, which is one hundred of a second off the all time record of olympian LaShawn Merritt of Portsmouth.

Williams, still a sophmore, is 5'10", 175, all muscle.

He has a 43 inch vertical right now.

He is the indoor 55 m VHSL champ.

He slipped out of the blocks in the 200, and finished 5th. He has the fastest time in the 200 in Virginia this year, another smoking time of 21.37

Supposed to run great routes, and have great hands too.

With two years to go, I wouldnt be surprised to see his times improve, to top 10 national times, which this year would require a 10.37 100m, and a 20.94 200m.

Couldnt find any times for Vincent Lowe, in the prelims, so either I missed it, or he bombed out early, or perhaps didnt get out of regionals.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it sound like Williams is a WR.

He is a RB, who also runs great routes, and has great hands.

I imagine he will see duty this year on special teams too.