• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Lots" of Raymon Minor predictions to Marshall on the crystal ball. Might open up another spot that we were expecting to be filled. I say load up with offensive talent while we can. We don't often have the problem of potentially having to turn away 4* WRs.

As long as we don't screw up or get screwed and can end up with a few of Harrison/Scott/Ford/McKenzie I will be happy. Hard not offering McKenzie when he wants to be a hokie, and some of these other guys can't make up their mind.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lots" of Raymon Minor predictions to Marshall on the crystal ball. Might open up another spot that we were expecting to be filled. I say load up with offensive talent while we can. We don't often have the problem of potentially having to turn away 4* WRs.

As long as we don't screw up or get screwed and can end up with a few of Harrison/Scott/Ford/McKenzie I will be happy. Hard not offering McKenzie when he wants to be a hokie, and some of these other guys can't make up their mind.

Yeah, but that would stink. We are in need of some future linebackers. I know everyone is saying he will prolly be a DE, but that is where I am hoping that Keihn ends up.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah --- we keep missing on LBs .. I assume that Payton is not in a situation where we can offer or we would've and he probably would've committed. It was said in another thread. We need to be offering ever damned good LB prospect on this side of the Mississippi. Maybe with us playing more nickel, it's not as much an issue and we do have some solid underclassmen but their impact is yet to be seen. We're a few injuries away from being totally fucked at backer and mike ... and it definitely seems to happen quite a bit with our LB positions.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of Keihn ... quickly becoming one of my favorites in this class ... solid kid, solid player. if he's quick enough to play mike/backer ... he could be really special.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be a cruel twist if he didn't take us up on the offer?

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things that have not been talked about enough... Why the hell would minor go to Marshall? (Other than qualifying issues which may be the reason). And also... I. Mckenzie lists Marcus Vick as one of his favorite football players. I don't care who you are, that's swag

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT offered Isaiah McKenzie ey?

:pop2:

And Evan has already predicted him to VT. Crazy how every year we seem to find a quality player out of Florida the week before signing day.

Surprised he doesn't have WVU or Oregon higher on his list of offers. Seems like he fits the mold of a Tavon Austin or De'Anthony Thomas. Maybe VT can finally have that kind of luxory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find this very hard to believe. If Nnadi went there, I would literally lose my lunch...

I am sure it is making for some hits and good conversation on Cavs Corner though...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stole this from an ND message board re: McKenzie.

Via Tom Loy.....................He just texted me and let me know that Virginia Tech offered him tonight and the other text read...

"I may not be going to Notre Dame this weekend."

I'm hoping to chat with him shortly.

Just got off the phone with him...

McKenzie said the Hokies offer is huge for him. He said that he is contemplating a visit to Blacksburg this weekend instead of South Bend. He said he's already spent a week at ND and he doesn't think the unofficial and official visits would be much different. He said that he isn't sure he needs to visit Notre Dame. He said he's seen enough from ND that he could go there and be happy there if he decides to do that.

He spoke with ND running backs coach Tony Alford earlier and he said that the conversation went well and that he's going to call Alford tomorrow morning with his decision on where he will be visiting this weekend.

He said that no matter where he goes this weekend, he won't commit on the spot and would like to announce on Signing Day from ND, Virginia Tech (if he visits), Ole Miss and Florida.

I left out the following posts from the NDers looking down their noses at VT

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given this kid's past, Blacksburg is a great place for him. He had a nightmare of a up bringing it seems like and the quiet, family atmosphere of Blacksburg would be perfect for him.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at our WR class and potentials:

Bradshaw
Phillips
Holland
Harrison
Ford?
McKenzie?

This would/will be an amazing WR haul. If we can get the last 2 guys on board, we likely have taken care of WR depth for a few years. We have a combination of guys with size, guys with speed, guys with both. I am really excited about the offensive talent in this class.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at our WR class and potentials:

Bradshaw
Phillips
Holland
Harrison
Ford?
McKenzie?

This would/will be an amazing WR haul. If we can get the last 2 guys on board, we likely have taken care of WR depth for a few years. We have a combination of guys with size, guys with speed, guys with both. I am really excited about the offensive talent in this class.

The last three are still big questions marks at this point. I won't feel good about Harrison until he signs and it sounds like Louisville could be back on top for Ford. VT has to get McKenzie to Blacksburg this weekend!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last three are still big questions marks at this point. I won't feel good about Harrison until he signs and it sounds like Louisville could be back on top for Ford. VT has to get McKenzie to Blacksburg this weekend!

They are but I really don't think we strike out on all three or even 2 of them. I think we can get 2 of them on board if not 3. If we get McKenzie on campus this weekend I think we have a better shot than the other schools.