• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC Should Have Taken Petersen Rather Than Sark

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude he just explained it to you LOL.

could he be jumping a sinking ship at Boise st? Washington desperate enough to BE THE SCHOOL to offer him a job knowing there's trouble headed Boise st s way

of course I don't know the guy; however, these are power hungry men who want as much of it as they can get. Peterson out of the blue takes UW job instead of a power house school that could build him into a truly a legend.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a reason why the job wouldnt appeal to anyone. Especially Pete.

that's what im thinking as well. some of the commenters have said how much he loves the NW and so on. that is what made up his mind to go to UW??? I wonder if Peterson comes with some baggage?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all can say USC should be happy to get Sark but that doesn't make it true. He's proven nothing. In retrospect, Matt Leinart wasn't exactly perfectly developed. As an OC, USC scored less than they did before he took over. And as head coach, he proved he could recruit top 25 classes to Washington...and not build top 25 teams.

I'd have been pissed if Wisconsin had hired Sark last year. And USC's expectations should be ten times better than ours.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could he be jumping a sinking ship at Boise st? Washington desperate enough to BE THE SCHOOL to offer him a job knowing there's trouble headed Boise st s way

of course I don't know the guy; however, these are power hungry men who want as much of it as they can get. Peterson out of the blue takes UW job instead of a power house school that could build him into a truly a legend.

Yep, must be high. :noidea:

I gave you all you needed to know about why UW > the field.

Sinking ship? :wtf2: Boise State had their worst year with him as a HC at 8-4. UW just had their best year in nearly a decade at 8-4. So Petersen's low tide is equal to UW's high tide of late. Every great program has their down years. That's hardly an indication the walls were caving in. If he stayed at Boise he would have had to retool the offense. Maybe get a new OC or something, but it wasn't a crumbling program.

UW was a program on the rise that has work to do that he thinks he can achieve. It is the right challenge in the right part of the country at the right time. His kids just graduated from school. That's big. He doesn't have the same family concerns he has had over the last 10 years.

Not sure what you are getting stuck on here? Seems rather easy to grasp to me.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and Yes.

Petersen didn't fit in down in la la land and probably never would have. Sark has the arrogance to make himself at home there. He also saw how that program can run on all cylindars under Carroll and knows what it will take to bring them back.

Both teams got the coach that was better for them in this deal. Sark likely wasn't going to get to a title here and Petersen would have been like a fish out of water down there.
-------
I agree with the fish out of water with Petersen, but I truly don't understand USC going after Sarkisian...granted I understand the ties to USC. I just don't think he's that good of a HC to begin with. Sort of like who Nebraska is stuck with. Someone that's going to give you 8-10 wins per year but nothing of substance.

From a pure coaching standpoint, Washington got the better of the deal. IMO USC could and should have done much better.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't think UW could build a truly a legend?

:rollseyes:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I agree with the fish out of water with Petersen, but I truly don't understand USC going after Sarkisian...granted I understand the ties to USC. I just don't think he's that good of a HC to begin with. Sort of like who Nebraska is stuck with. Someone that's going to give you 8-10 wins per year but nothing of substance.

From a pure coaching standpoint, Washington got the better of the deal. IMO USC could and should have done much better.

It's not just about the ties to USC. USC is a good fit. He will also have better overall talent to work with at USC.

You also may not be aware of just how far down UW was when he took over. They were coming off of an 0-12 season and their program had been decimated by unfair sanctions from the PAC and an AD who hated the football program.

The facilities upgrades that UW has are in large measure because of where the program was headed under Sark.

Sark had winning seasons every year except his first and most felt that if he stayed, UW was looking at a minimum 10 win season next year. Sark is also well aware that 8-10 win seasons won't be good enough at USC.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you would be speculating just like me. i meant by sinking ship IE the NCAA coming after Boise st.

was UW really on the rise stuff. yes I know they have a new stadium coming and steve made them at least a bowl eligible team but what else did they have going on ? does Oregon truly own the NW as for college football?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, must be high. :noidea:

I gave you all you needed to know about why UW > the field.

Sinking ship? :wtf2: Boise State had their worst year with him as a HC at 8-4. UW just had their best year in nearly a decade at 8-4. So Petersen's low tide is equal to UW's high tide of late. Every great program has their down years. That's hardly an indication the walls were caving in. If he stayed at Boise he would have had to retool the offense. Maybe get a new OC or something, but it wasn't a crumbling program.

UW was a program on the rise that has work to do that he thinks he can achieve. It is the right challenge in the right part of the country at the right time. His kids just graduated from school. That's big. He doesn't have the same family concerns he has had over the last 10 years.

Not sure what you are getting stuck on here? Seems rather easy to grasp to me.

and you would be speculating just like me. i meant by sinking ship IE the NCAA coming after Boise st.

was UW really on the rise stuff. yes I know they have a new stadium coming and steve made them at least a bowl eligible team but what else did they have going on ? does Oregon truly own the NW as for college football

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was UW really on the rise stuff. yes I know they have a new stadium coming and steve made them at least a bowl eligible team but what else did they have going on ? does Oregon truly own the NW as for college football?

What makes you think Oregon can maintain what they've done with an offensive coordinator turned first time head coach and a position coach turned first time offensive coordinator?

There's already been a drop-off this year.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think Oregon can maintain what they've done with an offensive coordinator turned first time head coach and a position coach turned first time offensive coordinator?

There's already been a drop-off this year.

ummmmmmmm NIKE maybe

or should I say the unofficial nike team

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was UW really on the rise stuff. yes I know they have a new stadium coming and steve made them at least a bowl eligible team but what else did they have going on ? does Oregon truly own the NW as for college football

I'm having trouble comprehending the point you're trying to make here. Are you saying a guy like Petersen shouldn't want to take over a program like UW because they haven't been on top lately?

If you can't see the appeal of having the chance to be the guy to restore a program like UW to what they once were I don't know what else to say to you...

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having trouble comprehending the point you're trying to make here. Are you saying a guy like Petersen shouldn't want to take over a program like UW because they haven't been on top lately?

If you can't see the appeal of having the chance to be the guy to restore a program like UW to what they once were I don't know what else to say to you...

im just playing devils advocate

im shocked ( even with everything you mentioned) he wouldn't take a job at a top tier school. I don't think many people think of UW a top tier football school and think most people feel that way. that's not to say he cant make them a power house.

im trying to raise the question. winning at UW or shoot for the BIGGGER glory of winning at a traditional power house.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the same as texas, usc, florida

note that from 1977-2003 (27 years), UW had a better win pct than all three of those:
Washington 70.6% win pct
Florida 69.6% win pct
Texas 67.6% win pct
Southern Cal 66.2% win pct

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
note that from 1977-2003 (27 years), UW had a better win pct than all three of those:
Washington 70.6% win pct
Florida 69.6% win pct
Texas 67.6% win pct
Southern Cal 66.2% win pct

how many titles do they have compared to those other schools

when all-time great coaches question is brought up how often do hear the name JAMES?

sorry imo most people don't think of UW as a legacy school.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howz about dem apples Huskie fans? It's a fucking DONE DEAL!

Congrats on making life in the PAC just a whee bit harder for everyone else ya sums of beotches!

TERRIFIC HIRE!:suds: