• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: USA vs. Russia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had many missed shots turn into goals thanks to sheer luck. :thumb:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the game and the effort deserved more than a weak call like that effecting everything. But that's International hockey for you. Russia has every right to be pissed. At least the Americans seem to understand they were gifted one and are not yapping it up.

And I know I will catch some crap for it, especially from Devs fans, but I miss watching Kovalchuk. Such vision. And where is this "suspect" Russian defense? :whistle:

Datsyuk is simply AMAZING. Injured my ass. He's one special hockey player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the game and the effort deserved more than a weak call like that effecting everything. But that's International hockey for you. Russia has every right to be pissed. At least the Americans seem to understand they were gifted one and are not yapping it up.

And I know I will catch some crap for it, especially from Devs fans, but I miss watching Kovalchuk. Such vision. And where is this "suspect" Russian defense? :whistle:

I watched the game today with a friend of mine from Russia. He said this is the tightest system he's ever seen the team employ. Perhaps this is about coaching?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game today with a friend of mine from Russia. He said this is the tightest system he's ever seen the team employ. Perhaps this is about coaching?

Now all they need to do is bring back the beautiful hockey they played under Tikhonov & they'll be set. Not going to happen though. Simply to many guys who want to play one on one hockey. It's sad.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, when the goalie dislodges his own net and its up 1/16th of an inch it was a tough goal to have taken away from Russia. These are the calls the "experts" say the Americans wont get in the medal rounds.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, when the goalie dislodges his own net and its up 1/16th of an inch it was a tough goal to have taken away from Russia. These are the calls the "experts" say the Americans wont get in the medal rounds.

One thing is certain, nobody can say the Russians got some home cooking.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call sucked but as I understand it that was the call the ref had to make while reviewing it. What are the other options? Blowing the play dead while the Russians had possession in the US zone? That would not have been good either. Some may disagree but I don't think Quick did it on purpose. Just a sucky thing to happen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call sucked but as I understand it that was the call the ref had to make while reviewing it. What are the other options? Blowing the play dead while the Russians had possession in the US zone? That would not have been good either. Some may disagree but I don't think Quick did it on purpose. Just a sucky thing to happen.

That's how I feel about it, too. I actually do think they should have blown the play dead during action, but I don't think they noticed the net was off until after the goal was scored.

The only other way it could have ended, in my opinion, would have been with a penalty to Quick, had they deemed it intentional. But I'm not sure it was, especially given how hard Quick regularly comes across the crease.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break. Quick with the sneaky move to get the net off it's moorings. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knows where the post is. He knows how much room he has before he hits the net. The Russians got hosed. We'll take it though.:D:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Quick did that intentionally. I honestly think those nets aren't the heftiest of sorts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break. Quick with the sneaky move to get the net off it's moorings. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knows where the post is. He knows how much room he has before he hits the net. The Russians got hosed. We'll take it though.:D:

I just don't see why he would do it in that spot, and not in another one. At the time he knocked the net off, the threat wasn't especially high. There were other moments when it would have made a great deal more sense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, general question, is it bad practice to stop yourself on the goal post? Should I stop doing that?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see why he would do it in that spot, and not in another one. At the time he knocked the net off, the threat wasn't especially high. There were other moments when it would have made a great deal more sense.

Who cares? It worked. Of course this is only the prelims. To bad this wasn't in the Medal round. Of course if it was he'd be getting a lot more shit about it & the Ref might have a few uh people to answer to.:D:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, general question, is it bad practice to stop yourself on the goal post? Should I stop doing that?

I think if you're comfortable with the way you play you shouldn't change unless your goalie coach says to do so. Even then you might not do it. It depends on your comfort level. Goalies can be a whacky bunch with all kinds of rituals.:D:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you're comfortable with the way you play you shouldn't change unless your goalie coach says to do so. Even then you might not do it. It depends on your comfort level. Goalies can be a whacky bunch with all kinds of rituals.:D:

Heh. Like I have a coach. I just play, mostly street, and because I have a habit of getting in the way of the puck, I keep playing goalie.

I don't know what I'm doing.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just worried about the ankles I keep injuring, mostly. Always doing other things, basketball, softball, rugby. I find ditches and cracks with frequency.

RUGBY? Fun sport to watch, but dangerous as hell. No pads & those guys can really hit. On the International level at least.