• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: USA vs. Russia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming where you play has standard markings on the surface? If so, remember 9 points. Imaginary straight lines from the center of the net to 9 different places on the ice.
1 - Center of the goal to center ice faceoff dot.
2,3 - Center of goal to faceoff dots outside blueline to where red line meets the boards (each side)
4,5 - Center of goal to where Blue Line meets boards (each side)
6,7 - Center of goal through faceoff dots in zone to boards (on ice this is good because there is almost always a door that is on line to visualize as well). Each side
8,9 - Hard to post straight to where goal line meets boards each side.

In warm up, start on one post and move in an arc along outside of crease and stopping to set position at each of the nine points, then go back. Helps set in your head where net center is behind you. Also at every whistle rest your back against the crossbar and tap each post. One with the stick, one with your trapper. Every whistle.

As for the glove, fingertips up - glove open and slightly forward from your body. It's easier to bring down that it is to move up, so I always tell my goalies to carry it so the top of the webbing is about 3 or so inches from level with your shoulder.

Hand1-vlcsnap-00001-crop.jpg

:agree:

Thanks for the tips. I had been holding my glove exactly the opposite way I was supposed to be.