• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today predicts us 5-11

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More offensive weapons? You lost Jackson and Garcon.....and replaced them with Pryor.
And Doctson. That's a huge increase in size over the 30 year old WR's. Jackson's the definition of uni dimentional, and Garcon can't run. Both were poor red zone options. What city couldn't figure out that Pryor was born to play WR?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What city couldn't figure out that Pryor was born to play WR?

You won't get an argument from me. Loved Pryor with the Raiders but you better hope he can repeat what he did in Cleveland this season in a brand new offense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DJ may have been a one with PHI back in the day and I don't see Reed as number one.

A go to guy is somebody you know will beat coverage such as Julio, or at least that is how I was referring to it.

Size is very important, especially in the red zone because it increases the catch radius.

There is only one way to find out how good the line is. Have KC go away in FA or get hurt. I don't think you will like the results.

Again, I ask...

Did people not consider our OL poor before KC was in there?

Did people not want to get rid of PG and DJ before KC was their QB?

I dont think Jackson is any worse than he was in those days he just doesnt have to shoulder as much of the offense. Hes still an excellent player. Reed is damn near uncoverable.

If you want somebody like Julio we dont have that but what we have(/had) as a collective may well be better.

I didnt mean to say that size wasnt important but rather that it isnt necessary. Obviously all else equal bigger is better but bigger players dont maintain the same quickness and agility as smaller players. Our WRs werent big but they more than made up for it in other ways.

I dont buy thats the only way to find out how good the line is. Its widely regarded as a very good line both amongst skins fans and general nfl fans/media. Youve got arguably the best OLman in football at LT, a 2nd year pro bowl guard, a RT who is at worst average and at best among the best in the league at RT, a young solid C, and a bit of a weak spot (though not an awful player) at LG. Outside of Dallas its hard to find a line with that much talent.

As for the line before KC...RG3 did his line 0 favors first of all...and secondly...3 of our current starters werent starters before KC. It wasnt the same line.

People may have...those people wouldve clearly been wrong. Theyre both very good WRs and have been their whole careers.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My one comment to this is size and speed are the two greatest physical attributes in the game. Mental attributes are equally important but just not a physical attribute. Having said that you can have size and speed but no technique and are likely doomed.

Having been a small (weight wise guy when I played) I am probably biased but I am always impressed when someone like DJax or any small guy can excel in a very physical game.

Totally agree. I didnt mean to make it sound like size doesnt matter but rather that its not necessary (to a player individually or to a teams WRs as a whole.

Somebody else can have their big WRs - Ill take my OBJs and Antonio Browns

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor,Doctson,Crowder, and Reed are better than the Eagles first four.

By a loooong shot. Plus a better QB and better OL (again by pretty comfortable margins). Neither team has anything notable/proven at RB.

If Philly wants a shot that D better be ready.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Doctson. That's a huge increase in size over the 30 year old WR's. Jackson's the definition of uni dimentional, and Garcon can't run. Both were poor red zone options. What city couldn't figure out that Pryor was born to play WR?

Dont mistake DJax's proficiency for running deep with an inability to do other things

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I didnt mean to make it sound like size doesnt matter but rather that its not necessary (to a player individually or to a teams WRs as a whole.

Somebody else can have their big WRs - Ill take my OBJs and Antonio Browns

Would you take them over Calvin?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Jackson is any worse than he was in those days he just doesnt have to shoulder as much of the offense. Hes still an excellent player. Reed is damn near uncoverable.

If you want somebody like Julio we dont have that but what we have(/had) as a collective may well be better.

I didnt mean to say that size wasnt important but rather that it isnt necessary. Obviously all else equal bigger is better but bigger players dont maintain the same quickness and agility as smaller players. Our WRs werent big but they more than made up for it in other ways.

I dont buy thats the only way to find out how good the line is. Its widely regarded as a very good line both amongst skins fans and general nfl fans/media. Youve got arguably the best OLman in football at LT, a 2nd year pro bowl guard, a RT who is at worst average and at best among the best in the league at RT, a young solid C, and a bit of a weak spot (though not an awful player) at LG. Outside of Dallas its hard to find a line with that much talent.

As for the line before KC...RG3 did his line 0 favors first of all...and secondly...3 of our current starters werent starters before KC. It wasnt the same line.

People may have...those people wouldve clearly been wrong. Theyre both very good WRs and have been their whole careers.

In the day, DJ had Maclin.

Reed should probably gain 1,000 yards before we crown him. I am a fan though.

If we are speaking of a collective, you have to include running backs, Devonte Freeman.

Our little guys were great, between the 20s. When things get tight, they aren't nearly as good. Catch radius is hugely important.

I like our OL but it is interesting they improved when we got a good QB.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take them over Calvin?

No (though for what its worth neither is done yet and they may both end up far superior to him). OBJ is on a freakish pace to start his career.

And Calvin is the rare case of having everything. Size, speed, movement skills, route running. Tough to top that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No (though for what its worth neither is done yet and they may both end up far superior to him). OBJ is on a freakish pace to start his career.

And Calvin is the rare case of having everything. Size, speed, movement skills, route running. Tough to top that.

My point is...all else equal...give me the size.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope that you are correct, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Doctson still has to prove himself as does Pryor on this team. Reed also has to stay healthy most of the time. Hopefully it all comes together & in terms of red zone I am very hopeful that Perine is actually the one will make the biggest difference (but you can't assume anything).

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the day, DJ had Maclin.

Reed should probably gain 1,000 yards before we crown him. I am a fan though.

If we are speaking of a collective, you have to include running backs, Devonte Freeman.

Our little guys were great, between the 20s. When things get tight, they aren't nearly as good. Catch radius is hugely important.

I like our OL but it is interesting they improved when we got a good QB.

Sure I dont mean to suggest we are the ONLY team with a good supporting cast for their QB. NE and ATL have good ones. PIT has Bell and AB. Dallas has the line, Zeke, and Dez. But we're at least up there with all those teams (or were the past 2 years anyways). I think its fair to say we had the best group but even if you dont think we were #1...we're definitely up there.

Like I said. KC gets the ball out quickly. RG3 took forever. Those things make a difference. But its still a very good OL and a very different one than what we had before Kirk took over.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is...all else equal...give me the size.

Of course. But all else equal give me speed too. But thats not how it ever works (Calvin Johnson being a rare exception). It never is "all else equal".

There are many ways to win at WR. Theres a lot of talent in the league at the position right now so your personal favorite may be different than mine but theres a strong case to be made that the 2 best WRs in the NFL right now are both less than 6 ft tall.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it depends on how you want to play the game

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an interesting conversation on WR. In a WR prime I do believe size is the advantage, however I'd say narrowing it down to a specific dominant trait could be just as effective. IMO, DeSean Jackson & Calvin Johnson in their prime are the same player. Look at what they did, with different QBs and how they were able to score different ways...inside outside over the top, return game, etc. Calvin had unmatched size, DeSean had unmatched speed. I've seen Antonio Brown disappear in games when he didn't have Big Ben because of their insane chemistry. Just off the top of my head, those are two players at WR position that in their prime when healthy had to always be accounted for. ALWAYS.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer forgot the Skins have the best receiving TE in football and Crowder was their best WR (even if he didn't have the best stats) - and that they added a 1,000 yard receiver and a 2nd year 1st rounder WR. It's clear that KC has a wealth of talent to throw to. But he was right that the KC situation is a major distraction - because of the way Allen and KC handled things.

Best receiving TE in football? :lol:

Are you forgetting Gronk, Travis Kelce and Greg Olsen? 10th among TEs in rec. yards, 7th among TEs in receptions and 10th among TEs in YAC. If you could get your RB situation handled you guys would be okay but it wouldn't matter much because of the Cowboys and Giants.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best receiving TE in football? :lol:

Are you forgetting Gronk, Travis Kelce and Greg Olsen? 10th among TEs in rec. yards, 7th among TEs in receptions and 10th among TEs in YAC. If you could get your RB situation handled you guys would be okay but it wouldn't matter much because of the Cowboys and Giants.
No, I'm listening to people who actually play or played the game saying he's is the NUMBER ONE receiving TE in all of football. Gronk blocks, too, and is a better all-around player. Olsen's awesome.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm listening to people who actually play or played the game saying he's is the NUMBER ONE receiving TE in all of football. Gronk blocks, too, and is a better all-around player. Olsen's awesome.

Gronk is by far the best receiving TE in football too.