• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today predicts us 5-11

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look guys... Im just going to throw it out there.

Alot of the fans who were "Upset" over Griffin getting benched are the same ones who tend to be overly critical of Cousins.

This is NOT a coincidence. Some folks might not want Griffin back, but they developed the fuck Kirk Cousins attitude because they were still deeply in love with what Griffin was supposed to be.

Any one who still wants Griffin back needs to seek help. But I would ask those who developed a dislike for Cousins based on him taking Griffins job to at least be honest with themselves if they cant come out and admit that the real issue with Cousins originally stems from him getting named the starter over Bob.

Carry on.

Truth is, the opposite happened as well.......an extra-ordinary love for Cousins because Bob jilted them. Kirk is just another in a long line of QB's playing here. His time will come and go, just like Bob, and all of the others that preceded them. What truly makes this sad is that, the inordinate man love for Kirk, demands that NOTHING critical can be said of him without dredging up that other guy as if he is still relevant. That too is NOT coincidental. To me it's like the battered woman who's Thrilled now that she ONLY gets her ass kicked on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays because the previous guy beat the hell out of her everyday.

With blinders off, Kirk Cousins is this generations version of Trent Green and to a lesser extent Stan Humphries. He has a hell of a lot more talent to work with, a whole lot more stability on the field/within the organization, a system that reasonably fits him, and rules that allow increased offensive production, but yeah, this too, has something to do with the love of a one year wonder. :pound::scratch:

See Sty...now you love Trent and Stan more.........Shut up bitch.........It's Wednesday!!:pound:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to redskins 247 kirk is the most overrated football player in the nfl

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look guys... Im just going to throw it out there.

Alot of the fans who were "Upset" over Griffin getting benched are the same ones who tend to be overly critical of Cousins.

This is NOT a coincidence. Some folks might not want Griffin back, but they developed the fuck Kirk Cousins attitude because they were still deeply in love with what Griffin was supposed to be.

Any one who still wants Griffin back needs to seek help. But I would ask those who developed a dislike for Cousins based on him taking Griffins job to at least be honest with themselves if they cant come out and admit that the real issue with Cousins originally stems from him getting named the starter over Bob.

Carry on.

Get over it Shark. Let it go. It is totally ridiculous that some of you think this. I can't speak for everyone, but if you think hardly anyone developed this "dislike" for Cousins because if the benching of Bob, then I would say you are way off track.

Most all of us just want to win a lot of games, playoff games, and ultimately SBs. Don't give a damn who the QB is.

Some of us just "like" Kirk. Think he is a good, not great QB. Think we would ultimately be just fine without him. Not in "love" with him like some of you. That's where the disagreements are.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a lot of pundits predictions out there. Everyone has us last which I find insulting. The USA today one is just a major hater. If the Eagles finish ahead of us this year that would be a major disappointment.

In fairness, the Eagles added a lot of offensive firepower for the Ginger QB....

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to redskins 247 kirk is the most overrated football player in the nfl

Kirk Cousins named NFL's most overrated player

You mean Pete Prisco.

From Prisco:
After having six 300-yard-plus passing games in his first 11 games, including two over 400, Cousins had one in the final five games last season as the Redskins pushed for a playoff spot. He had five touchdown passes and five interceptions in those games, going 2-3 as Washington folded. It wasn't all on him, but that's the point. I don't think he's a quarterback who rises above situations when the team isn't going right. I am not going to sit here and pan him as a starter. He has proven to be that, and a pretty good one. It's just that the perception is he's much better than that, which is why he's my most overrated player in the NFL in 2017.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins named NFL's most overrated player

You mean Pete Prisco.

From Prisco:
After having six 300-yard-plus passing games in his first 11 games, including two over 400, Cousins had one in the final five games last season as the Redskins pushed for a playoff spot. He had five touchdown passes and five interceptions in those games, going 2-3 as Washington folded. It wasn't all on him, but that's the point. I don't think he's a quarterback who rises above situations when the team isn't going right. I am not going to sit here and pan him as a starter. He has proven to be that, and a pretty good one. It's just that the perception is he's much better than that, which is why he's my most overrated player in the NFL in 2017.

lol. great post. Now you will hear it form all the lovers who cant think KC can do no wrong. lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, the Eagles added a lot of offensive firepower for the Ginger QB....

You think Jeffery will play a full season?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Jeffery will play a full season?

No, but he doesn't need to. He's averaged just under 13 games a season during his career. Missing a few games won't kill his acquisition.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer forgot the Skins have the best receiving TE in football.

I'd have to disagree with that if for no other reason than Reed's injury issues (He's on the PUP right now in fact) I think TE is gonna be a position of need by next year, maybe sooner. Reed needs to stack some chips and retire.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he doesn't need to. He's averaged just under 13 games a season during his career. Missing a few games won't kill his acquisition.

You think they finish better than the Skins this year?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.....I think the NFC East will be a dog fight as usual.

Yes but if the Eagles finish better than the Redskins I just think its a slap in the face to us. barring no major injuries of course. Our QB is making 24M this year should be able to out play Wentz. Plus the Redskins have more offensive weapons and a better defense on paper.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if the Eagles finish better than the Redskins I just think its a slap in the face to us. barring no major injuries of course. Our QB is making 24M this year should be able to out play Wentz. Plus the Redskins have more offensive weapons and a better defense on paper.

More offensive weapons? You lost Jackson and Garcon.....and replaced them with Pryor.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More offensive weapons? You lost Jackson and Garcon.....and replaced them with Pryor.

Pryor,Doctson,Crowder, and Reed are better than the Eagles first four.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We scored nearly 25 PPG last season. If we remain productive between the 20s but improve our red zone efficiency, we should be sniffing 28PPG. We gave up nearly 24 PPG last season. If we improve to 21 PPG, you think we may sniff 10 games. If both of those things happen, we will be in discussion for the Super Bowl. No team in the NFL did that last season. NE was close with 27.6 PPG and defensively 15.6. If we can do 28/21, I think we win 13.
If our defense can manage a middle of the pack type effort and hold opponents to 3 TD's or less, I feel like our offense will give us every chance to score 24+ pts. Obviously it's a week to week type thing and every week is not always as successful as the week before but we could sniff 10 wins. It's not out of the question imo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. great post. Now you will hear it form all the lovers who cant think KC can do no wrong. lol
just another line of evidence , if you can go negative when given the choice on KC , you do ............but you dont hate...........

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just another line of evidence , if you can go negative when given the choice on KC , you do ............but you dont hate...........

not negative. Its just a good post.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to disagree with that if for no other reason than Reed's injury issues (He's on the PUP right now in fact) I think TE is gonna be a position of need by next year, maybe sooner. Reed needs to stack some chips and retire.
Meh, the pup list think means nothing right now. He's got the equivalent of a hang nail.

Wonder if they have a program for rehabbing a hang nail. Probably involves deep tissue massages.