• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Olympic team selection thread.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc7diNMIAAA0No-.jpg

Tweet of the day? Tweet of the day.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching Ryan for all 42 games this year and he's competed HARD on literally every shift.

I have no idea what Burke is babbling about (what else is new?). The guy has been nothing but a competitor for the Sens.

As far as intensity goes, Nick Lidstrom wasn't exactly intense. He was just, you know, good.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
And thank goodness for that. Even though I'm upset at Yandle being off the team, I think the US's D is better this year than it was in 2010. The whole team is better.

The 2010 team also played WAY over their heads.
You can hope for that again, but it would be pretty tough to expect it

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper this may look like a better team, but from play this season, these are the returning guys I don't think are as good as they were in 2010:

Orpik
Callahan
Brown
Backes
Parise

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That girl was 100% serious...she deleted her account because of it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2010 team also played WAY over their heads.
You can hope for that again, but it would be pretty tough to expect it

I agree, but I think this team can compete on the same level as any other squad out there. Russia has more star power, but D/G is weak, and minimal depth, on par or above Sweden/Finland/Czech/Slovakia teams. Canada obviously has the best roster, that's basically always the case. The question always comes down to the build of the team, chemistry, and a hot goalie. Olympics are a crazy fun tourney because pride is on the line...and lord knows what these guys are capable of doing in a short tourney.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/Masshockeygirl

Daggum...what's with this Boston area girls? Pretty sure this one is serious too...but that'd mean she's REALLY dim.

@Masshockeygirl 48m
Why isn't Tuukka and Bergeron on team USA? smh

@Masshockeygirl 40m
And I'm so PISSED Towes isn't on team USA seriously I should just coach the goddamn team

@Masshockeygirl 28m
Seguin should be the captain of team USA I don't understand why he never wore it in Boston

@Masshockeygirl 19m
My first line would be Seguin-Crosby-Kane and then Bergeron-Jagr-Toews

My favorite about the Seguin one, is that it's many levels of funny...the US angle, and the "he should've been captain in Boston" angle.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daggum...what's with this Boston area girls? Pretty sure this one is serious too...but that'd mean she's REALLY dim.

@Masshockeygirl 48m

@Masshockeygirl 40m
And I'm so PISSED Towes isn't on team USA seriously I should just coach the goddamn team

@Masshockeygirl 28m
Seguin should be the captain of team USA I don't understand why he never wore it in Boston

@Masshockeygirl 19m

My favorite about the Seguin one, is that it's many levels of funny...the US angle, and the "he should've been captain in Boston" angle.

:laugh3:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Masshockeygirl 48m

@Masshockeygirl 40m

@Masshockeygirl 28m

@Masshockeygirl 19m

So she was glad they didn't pick Crosby but she would have him on the first line? Pix, she is either kidding or just plain crazy!