• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCF Tracker

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m slowly warming to the thought of SF, what he’s done at UCF is impressive. We’ve seen some of our current staff turn our recruiting around night and day so it’s proven it can be done which is one of my concerns with him. If I had to pick one or the other I’d still go with a solid coach first then work on the rest, I wonder what that what be like

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Frost here. However, how patient will the fanbase be while he adjusts the roster to fit his style of coaching? Mike Riley got about two games in with Bopleenis players before the pitchforks and torches were on full display.

I think he will find a way to wins games with them still, it seems like wherever Frost goes wins arrive

He took a UCF program that completely and utterly collapsed and immediately made them good

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will find a way to wins games with them still, it seems like wherever Frost goes wins arrive

He took a UCF program that completely and utterly collapsed and immediately made them good

Again, I don't disagree. He's my pick as well. The problem is, he had better do it and do it now, or many husker fans will be ready to run him out of town.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be patient as fuck.

Here's the thing though. Frost took over a UCF program that went 0-12 the year prior. He took them to a bowl game his very first year, and now in his second year he is headed for an undefeated season.

When you're a winner, you're jest plain and simply a winner. Scott Frost is a dadburned winner.....and he just happens to be a Husker at heart.

:corso:

Not so fast, my friend. I'm not stepping out on that limb yet.
Not sure what happened to UCF for O'Leary to go (0-8) in 2015.
In the 3 seasons prior he went (2014 9-4), (2013 12-1), (2012 10-4).
He went (11-3) in 2010.

It's not like Frost built something from nothing a la Bill Snyder. There was a foundation there.

One of our more energetic posters needs to do a recruiting breakdown to see where they stacked up with Nebraska in rankings over the last 7 years. I've been adamant in that Nebraska has been recruiting mid-major talent (The best of the rest). He may have inherited similar and they are playing mid-majors other than Maryland.

On the bright side I'm not so sure Nebraska could beat Memphis or Maryland with this staff. If they could, would it be as handily as UCF did? I have my doubts.

The Navy spread is going to be interesting. Frost knows triple option football.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:corso:

Not so fast, my friend. I'm not stepping out on that limb yet.
Not sure what happened to UCF for O'Leary to go (0-8) in 2015.
In the 3 seasons prior he went (2014 9-4), (2013 12-1), (2012 10-4).
He went (11-3) in 2010.

It's not like Frost built something from nothing a la Bill Snyder. There was a foundation there.

One of our more energetic posters needs to do a recruiting breakdown to see where they stack up with Nebraska in rankings. I've been adamant in that Nebraska has been recruiting mid-major talent (The best of the rest). He may have inherited similar and they are playing mid-majors other than Maryland.

On the bright side I'm not so sure Nebraska could beat Memphis or Maryland with this staff. If they could, would it be as handily as UCF did? I have my doubts.

The Navy spread is going to be interesting. Frost knows triple option football.

I'm just stirring the pot to get reactions.

I'm not stupad. I know we aren't hiring Scott Frost.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2013-2018 UCF average class ranking is around #65 to #70 current class is at 66 with 14 3*
Weave averaged about #25-30 for the last 10 yrs plus and counting

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just stirring the pot to get reactions.

I'm not stupad. I know we aren't hiring Scott Frost.

I don't 'know' that. I'm just pretty sure somebody is.
I think he's making somewhere north of $3.5 million somewhere next year. There are quite a few schools that will be looking for new direction and can offer that and more.

Tejas plucked Herman out of Houston after just 2 years on the job as a head coach.

With the AD situation, I don't think Nebraska's in position to beat out the other teams who have AD's in place, ready to pull the trigger.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2013-2018 UCF average class ranking is around #65 to #70 current class is at 66 with 14 3*
Weave averaged about #25-30 for the last 10 yrs plus and counting

So Nebraska's 'Best of the Rest' are under-achieving like I figured.

Now I could be narrow minded here and think it's coaching. Like USC, tejas, ND, Florida, etc.. getting all those 4* and 5* and under-achieving. Just coaches who can't figure out how to put the pieces together. How to get people in the right places to make big plays. How to get everybody to do what you're asking them to do, to include position coaches. It's management. They are a rarity. Maybe 2 or 3 for every generation of football.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without an AD and Remington in place for 60 days, right now, that would push any decision out till Dec minimum. Even by then it’s prolly too late but I don’t see Vaginapants over here getting canned until after another full season. Our current class is about to be reckoned with the beating we’re about to be handed from here on out so I just don’t see anything positive at all in giving Riley another year. The timing of the AD firing was really really piss poor

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact that SE would never fire his hire. He had full confidence that he was the man to do the job.
At least now the process is in place to do it the way it should have been done the first time. May not end up with SF but hopefully there will be someone who fits the bill.

If not Diaco couldn't do worse. And yeah I saw them last year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nebraska's 'Best of the Rest' are under-achieving like I figured.

Now I could be narrow minded here and think it's coaching. Like USC, tejas, ND, Florida, etc.. getting all those 4* and 5* and under-achieving. Just coaches who can't figure out how to put the pieces together. How to get people in the right places to make big plays. How to get everybody to do what you're asking them to do, to include position coaches. It's management. They are a rarity. Maybe 2 or 3 for every generation of football.
I see a toxic combination lack of culture and identity, leadership from coaches and players both, and coaching. We’ve done well enough recruiting but we’re a team made up of out of state implants who don’t give a shit about our tradition.

Remington was pushing the walkon and instate narrative in his initial meeting with Riley, those are the players Wisconsin is 3 deep with on the OL/DL and have been beating the shit out of us with, almost identical to what we used to be

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a toxic combination lack of culture and identity, leadership from coaches and players both, and coaching. We’ve done well enough recruiting but we’re a team made up of out of state implants who don’t give a shit about our tradition.

Remington was pushing the walkon and instate narrative in his initial meeting with Riley, those are the players Wisconsin is 3 deep with on the OL/DL and have been beating the shit out of us with, almost identical to what we used to be

Yeah, I've been saying for years we're not good enough up-front. I looked at the Top 10 classes over the years and they typically take about 14 players OL, DL, and LB. Wisconsin is not Top 10, nor is someone like Iowa, but they play well up-front. Enough to be better than Nebraska.
I personally think we're somewhat compatible to them up-front.
Not close to Alabama, but the rest of the pieces need to be where they are too. It's generally sloppy play across the board. Penalties, plays not being executed as drawn up, tackling right. Nebraska doesn't seem to do anything well with any consistency. It's opponents who make the big plays.
I attribute that to their players being in the right place. They are just better managed.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been saying for years we're not good enough up-front. I looked at the Top 10 classes over the years and they typically take about 14 players OL, DL, and LB. Wisconsin is not Top 10, nor is someone like Iowa, but they play well up-front. Enough to be better than Nebraska.
I personally think we're somewhat compatible to them up-front.
Not close to Alabama, but the rest of the pieces need to be where they are too. It's generally sloppy play across the board. Penalties, plays not being executed as drawn up, tackling right. Nebraska doesn't seem to do anything well with any consistency. It's opponents who make the big plays.
I attribute that to their players being in the right place. They are just better managed.
Those guys earn thier spots too it’s not just handed over for free because the last guy graduated, they play with pride and dignity not only for them but thier teammates coaches school and home state. Anderson “took another job” at oregon st in part because he was getting away from the blueprints a bit too much for Alvarez’s liking. That whole backdoor deal move with Anderson Riley Echorist doesn’t sit well with me even more so lately looking back on it

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is I don't see Scott Frost losing to BYU or Northern Illinois or Arkansas pine-bluff for whoever the hell we played this year you know we could easily have been o and 3 to start the year I just think Frost has so much fire in his belly and it just shines through with this team

But Frost did lose to Arkansas St last year.

(I dont care about this topic, just had to be a dick and say that)

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else to consider is that any new AD will want to do his own search and hire and that just might not be SF. Bill Byrne left for aTm in part because Tom Osborne went over his head and anointed Solich as Assistant Head Coach hence heir apparent. ADs want to do their job and not be told to hire coach X.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Frost did lose to Arkansas St last year.

(I dont care about this topic, just had to be a dick and say that)

You fucking care. I know it, you know it, sportshoopla knows it, and everybody on USC knows it.
Not to mention RA is always right. Unless it's pick'ems then I'm wrong sometimes.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still amazed that Alabama tried to get Riley to come there. With Riley, they would not have won even one SEC title!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still amazed that Alabama tried to get Riley to come there. With Riley, they would not have won even one SEC title!

Why does this 'amaze' you? They also brought in Mike Dubose and Mike Shula. There were (4-8's) and (3-9's) in there.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fucking care. I know it, you know it, sportshoopla knows it, and everybody on USC knows it.
Not to mention RA is always right. Unless it's pick'ems then I'm wrong sometimes.

No, I don't fucking care about talking about a coaching search or potential hires for a job that is currently occupied.

But ultimately I have now switched sides on Riley. I now want Riley fired and it has nothing to do performance. I said last year on USC that I will no longer call to defend Riley because it is wasting my breath. The fans have never and will never give Riley a chance. Even after a 7-0 start last year people weren't satisfied and were still trashing him. After his first game people were getting out the pitchforks. I am now on the side to bring in Frost. Bring in th"savior". The guy that no one will dare question and will give as much time as possible with because the fans think only former Huskers can win anything here. I don't care about this topic because it is a pointless exercise. Let's just say the new AD keeps Riley. The entire offseason will be filled with hatred and negativity and then into the death schedule of 2018. It will be an absolute disaster!!! The only way to stop this stupidity is to fire Riley. And again, I am not even talking about on the field stuff. This fan base is a fucking joke and a disgrace. Riley can go and Frost will come in so everyone can continue to live in the past because apparently we can only win 1 way here. As always, even with the previous guy, I will hope and cheer for Frost and team to win every game. Yes I just ranted a long time on a subject I don't care about. My disgust for it and the way it is handled has boiled over. #FireThemAll #32GamesIsEnough