• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky not ready

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost his starting job to McCown and hasn't been a starter since x years. and yet you feel it's justified to pay him more than mccown and as a starter? He should not have gotten starter money, he should not be paid more than the guy that replaced him. Hell even cutler is paid 10M a year and cutler is much more accomplished.

Stop justifying his pay by putting him in a category he doesn't even belong him. He should be paid backup money middle tier.

He lost his starting job to McCown and hasn't been a starter since x years. and yet you feel it's justified to pay him more than mccown and as a starter?

He got paid like a borderline starter. Given his much younger age, and his numbers prior to coming here. Getting paid more than McCown makes sense. Glennon pretty clearly outplayed McCown that year as well.

Glennon: 6 starts 10 TD's 6 INT's 83.3 QB rating 57 CMP% 1,417 Yards 6.98 yards per attempt

McCown: 11 starts 11 TD's 14 INT's 70.2 QB rating 2,206 Yards 56 CMP% 6.75 yards per attempt

My point isn't the signing was a good move, clearly he's been bad. The point is that from a cap stand-point, it is completely inconsequential to this team moving forward.

There seems to be this notion that the Bears made a big financial commitment to Glennon being their franchise guy, and that they're tied up into money with him beyond this season. That is simply not true. That is my only point on the matter.

Hell even cutler is paid 10M a year and cutler is much more accomplished.

I mean, hey... I would have stuck with Cutler to bridge the gap myself.

However, Cutler is also in his mid-30's now, and that situation was quite unique. As it was a mere 3 weeks before the season when he came out retirement to sign with Miami. There is no ceiling beyond this one year for Cutler with the Dolphins. Glennon at 27, and never having had the chance to be a team's starter heading into a season. There were those who thought he could develop into a starting caliber QB, and that he had upside. Clearly the Bears were of this mind-set, and they have been proven wrong.

Stop justifying his pay by putting him in a category he doesn't even belong him.

You're advancing another straw-man. Glennon was the wrong move, that is my stance. I would not dare to go back in time and sign him again.

My point is only that the deal we are in with Glennon is completely inconsequential to this team's cap situation going forward. Nor is it consequential to our QB situation going forward, as there is an option to get out of the deal following this season's conclusion.

Barring some miraculous rally by him as a QB, we will wash our hands of Glennon when this season is over.

My stance is that Glennon was the wrong move as our stop-gap/temporary QB. However, the second Trubisky takes the reigns as the starter (which was inevitable anyway) it doesn't have any effect on this team from that point forward. We're not stuck into a commitment with him... and many don't realize that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your head, they tell a great deal.

giphy.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your head, they tell a great deal.

A Buffalo/Atlanta/Cincinnati fan :lol:... Who has clearly barely even frequented the SportsHoopla boards, and posted here a grand total of maybe... what? 8-9 times? Is here to lay-down the law on who is and isn't the worst poster in the entire SportsHoopla community? Who shows his face around here for absolutely no other reason at all, than to antagonize those belonging to a fan-base completely irrelevant to his.

Ice... I don't know what other alias's you may go by, but you're a sad little horse's ass. If I ever run into you, do me favor, eh?

Remind me to hold you down, while I shit in your mouth and giggle at you.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUF/ATL/CIN. They are among my clients. Among my most favorite. Will you quit obsessing of this?

I read all the SportsHoopla boards. I only chime in on this one because it has no consequence given how amateurish most of you are. You don't have to agree with me me just offering my opinion.

Richig you may be a total shitbag I didn't call you the worst poster. You seem to have authentic real opinions and arent always a pig.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUF/ATL/CIN. They are among my clients. Among my most favorite. Will you quit obsessing of this?

I read all the SportsHoopla boards. I only chime in on this one because it has no consequence given how amateurish most of you are. You don't have to agree with me me just offering my opinion.

Richig you may be a total shitbag I didn't call you the worst poster. You seem to have authentic real opinions and arent always a pig.

No... ya fuckin weirdo. I won't. It's weird. You posting here... is WEIRD. YOU are WEIRD.

You scan the SportsHoopla boards like an insane person for how long? But you post 40-some times?

Serious question, while you type these posts. Are you wearing a skin mask, made from a young woman's flesh who was just reported missing tonight?

If I went to look in your fridge for a drink, what's the over/under on severed heads that I'd find in there?

You don't even use the quote button. You just creepily slide your posts into the thread. Nobody is notified or sees them until they check back on the thread at a later date.

Creepy. Fucking. Weirdo.

I only chime in on this one because it has no consequence given how amateurish most of you are.

You have not brought forth one point that has even stood up to slightest scrutiny. Everything you have said here has been only to antagonize, before it was eventually proven to be outright stupid. I put together a fucking short thesis on why the Lions were a horrid playoff team last year, and all you could say in response was "you're drunk" while misrepresenting facts THAT I HAD TO BRING FORTH. Since, you know... you add nothing. Ever. That's called TROLLING.

You don't have to agree with me me just offering my opinion.

But you NEVER offer your opinion. You simply antagonize other people's opinions. That is all you EVER do, and you eventually have no choice but to bail or mock the person you are conversing with. Due to the fact, that you have ZERO point to begin with.

Richig you may be a total shitbag I didn't call you the worst poster.

I never said that you called me the worst poster. I said that making yourself the arbiter of who is and isn't the best/worst posters, when you've barely existed on these boards is one of the most absurd things I have ever seen.

You seem to have authentic real opinions and arent always a pig.

I hope a large Samoan man breaks into your place and mouth fucks you. Then finds your collection of dead body parts and turns you over to the authorities. Then you share a cell together in prison, and he throttles your ass on a daily basis until it eventually bleeds out.

Then I'm gonna take a big ole dumperoo on your corpse, and giggle.

How do you like dem apples?