• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky and Cohen should start

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 167 yds rushing last week, including a 52 yarder in OT.
He is one of my RB's in fantasy league and has been disappointing. I expected more production from him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're delving too much into stats. When the offense is only on the field for about 7.5 minutes in the first half due to the defense forcing 2 turnovers for touchdowns to end 2 rather long Panther drives, not only does that give Howard less time to rack up yards, but it guarantees a fresh defense. Howard moved the chains when it mattered most. You'd love to use yards per carry for this game because you know Howard gets better as the game goes on. Blame the ultra conservative play calling and great defense for Howard's statistical inadequecies for this game. When we need Howard to get 167 yards. I'm sure he'll do be there.

No back in the nfl is going to put up good stats every week.

I don't like Howard despite stats and yet you are telling me i'm too stat focused? When Howard rushed for 165 everyone was bringing up stats but now that he ran for 65, we should ignore it? You can't have it both ways. He didn't have a good game. You are trying to use the excellent defensive effort and horseshoe that into Howard having a good game.

Sorry not buying it. I saw the game in their entirety. Only homers point to a 65 yard game and call that solid.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Howard despite stats and yet you are telling me i'm too stat focused? When Howard rushed for 165 everyone was bringing up stats but now that he ran for 65, we should ignore it? You can't have it both ways. He didn't have a good game. You are trying to use the excellent defensive effort and horseshoe that into Howard having a good game.

Sorry not buying it. I saw the game in their entirety. Only homers point to a 65 yard game and call that solid.
So there's three ways of looking at it. Advanced stats showing how the normal stats do not show the whole picture. Which is what I believe. Or you can do the eye test. Howard killed it when we needed him to. Which I also believe. Or you can make every attempt to make Howard look bad, when clearly he's a pro bowl caliber running back. This week, that would be blindly looking at the stats using tunnel vision and not accepting reality.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th in the league.

What a chump.:rolleyes2:

Some people's children.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's three ways of looking at it. Advanced stats showing how the normal stats do not show the whole picture. Which is what I believe. Or you can do the eye test. Howard killed it when we needed him to. Which I also believe. Or you can make every attempt to make Howard look bad, when clearly he's a pro bowl caliber running back. This week, that would be blindly looking at the stats using tunnel vision and not accepting reality.

"Howard killed it when we needed him to".

You sound like richi with your wild exaggerations. I give credit to Howard when he performs well and not just running through gaping holes. Since you are the arbiter of what really happened, I guess I'm just wasting my time arguing with you.

Howard is not that good. Deal with it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Howard killed it when we needed him to".

You sound like richi with your wild exaggerations. I give credit to Howard when he performs well and not just running through gaping holes. Since you are the arbiter of what really happened, I guess I'm just wasting my time arguing with you.

Howard is not that good. Deal with it.
The disagreement stems from the eye test. I have no fucking clue what you are seeing. And apparently you feel the same way about what I'm seeing. This difference in perception will just mean that i will enjoy Howard's most likely successful career while you will find reasons to suffer through it. Gear up BS, Howard will be our running back for a long time. I will give you props if he's not.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The disagreement stems from the eye test. I have no fucking clue what you are seeing. And apparently you feel the same way about what I'm seeing. This difference in perception will just mean that i will enjoy Howard's most likely successful career while you will find reasons to suffer through it. Gear up BS, Howard will be our running back for a long time. I will give you props if he's not.

"suffer through it"? Wow, you are really heading into the richi delusional vortex.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"suffer through it"? Wow, you are really heading into the richi delusional vortex.
Why are you trying to make this about other posters? You seem to be changing the subject for some reason. Nothing what you said had any substance to it. It was just an emotional response to 1 phrase I used. It wasn't even integral to the point I was making. I simply said it to get a shallow, stupid, defensive response, like the one you provided. Your argument about Howard lacks concrete logic and you know it. Debate facts, not feelings.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you trying to make this about other posters? You seem to be changing the subject for some reason. Nothing what you said had any substance to it. It was just an emotional response to 1 phrase I used. It wasn't even integral to the point I was making. I simply said it to get a shallow, stupid, defensive response, like the one you provided. Your argument about Howard lacks concrete logic and you know it. Debate facts, not feelings.

The fact you think I am "suffering" is laugh out loud hysterical that's why and it reminds me of richi. And like richi of course your comeback is, i got you to do exactly what I wanted you to do. Typically weak. I guess i should comeback and say you responded to my response exactly the way i wanted you to but doing so would be...weak.

My argument against Howard has always been he runs through gaping holes which inflate his numbers. Despite his 1300 yards last year I still maintain he's not that good not because of his stats but based on what i've seen of him. He doesn't make people miss and running guys over in the NFL does not work. This has been immutable. It's rather comical that you now take this stance and ask that i provide concrete examples when your argument for the abysmal 65 yard performance is merely your "eye test". --Now that's funny. Get it now? Or should i go slower?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you think I am "suffering" is laugh out loud hysterical that's why and it reminds me of richi. And like richi of course your comeback is, i got you to do exactly what I wanted you to do. Typically weak. I guess i should comeback and say you responded to my response exactly the way i wanted you to but doing so would be...weak.

My argument against Howard has always been he runs through gaping holes which inflate his numbers. Despite his 1300 yards last year I still maintain he's not that good not because of his stats but based on what i've seen of him. He doesn't make people miss and running guys over in the NFL does not work. This has been immutable. It's rather comical that you now take this stance and ask that i provide concrete examples when your argument for the abysmal 65 yard performance is merely your "eye test". --Now that's funny. Get it now? Or should i go slower?
I have no idea why you think this. I guess running backs like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, and MJD, three guys that broke a lot more tackles than they missed, were never really good. Even running backs like Marion barber or Brandon Jacobs had rather successful careers as thunder backs to someone else's lightning. Your obsession with making Howard look bad is borderline troll worthy. Every player is different. Howard excels because he's patient ( waits for the holes to form) and he breaks through tacklers. He's got one of the best stiff arms I have seen in the game and he gets low. Those traits are a lot more important to being a successful running back than "making people miss."

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard gets yards that aren't there. How many times yesterday did he pick up 3, 4, 5 yards when for all intents and purposes it should've been a loss or no gain? Carolina's D played good yesterday, and I would bet the farm that Howard is who they game-planned for, and was their number one goal to stop first and foremost.

Probably because he sucks so much.:rolleyes2::trash:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS G... my bigger question for you is why didn't Cohen get many snaps yesterday? That answer will tell you what you don't want to hear. Instead of making your argument that Cohen is better- you changed it to "Howard Sucks". and used stats in a game where T.O.P. was severely lopsided.
The reasons Howard didn't have as much production is simple:
  1. Lack of opportunity. The Bears simply didn't have the ball much on offense.
  2. Extremely conservative play calling. Run, Run, pass. Results in a lot of 3 and outs. And stacked boxes that Trubs didn't or wasn't allowed to check out of early.
  3. The Panthers Defense is good against the run. Simple. They are 4th in the league in rush yard per game. 81.1
This whole argument is really dumb... be happy the Bears have 2 really good backs and have now won 2 games in a row for the first time in 2 years. Be happy man.

(I blame fantasy football for this idea that "Howard Sucks" he hasn't scored many TD's and owners don't watch the game they just see the stats and had the idea that Howard would be a big point scorer)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS G... my bigger question for you is why didn't Cohen get many snaps yesterday? That answer will tell you what you don't want to hear. Instead of making your argument that Cohen is better- you changed it to "Howard Sucks". and used stats in a game where T.O.P. was severely lopsided.
The reasons Howard didn't have as much production is simple:
  1. Lack of opportunity. The Bears simply didn't have the ball much on offense.
  2. Extremely conservative play calling. Run, Run, pass. Results in a lot of 3 and outs. And stacked boxes that Trubs didn't or wasn't allowed to check out of early.
  3. The Panthers Defense is good against the run. Simple. They are 4th in the league in rush yard per game. 81.1
This whole argument is really dumb... be happy the Bears have 2 really good backs and have now won 2 games in a row for the first time in 2 years. Be happy man.

(I blame fantasy football for this idea that "Howard Sucks" he hasn't scored many TD's and owners don't watch the game they just see the stats and had the idea that Howard would be a big point scorer)

I never brought up Howard's play. Everyone can have a million reasons why his numbers weren't good but don't test my intelligence and imply he had a good game rushing 65 yards at a 3.1 clip. And when I questioned him about it, his defense? Oh I'm using the eye test. Apparently he's the only one allowed to use the eye test given that's been the crux of my argument as to why i'm not a fan of Howard's. Give me a break. He didn't have a good game, move on. Don't make excuses. Because if Howard would have ran for 165 yards, you can believe he would have used stats.

Furthermore Beengay fudgepackers is the guy who thought they were using Cohen "correctly". Zero carries, i bet he still thinks they are using Cohen correctly. The guy is all over the place. He's a mixture of beardown07 and richi.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never brought up Howard's play. Everyone can have a million reasons why his numbers weren't good but don't test my intelligence
We are all testing your intelligence with this continued farce
and imply he had a good game rushing 65 yards at a 3.1 clip.
I didn't imply he had a good game
And when I questioned him about it, his defense?
What? I mentioned the panthers defense- what does "his defense" mean?
Oh I'm using the eye test. Apparently he's the only one allowed to use the eye test given that's been the crux of my argument as to why i'm not a fan of Howard's.
I don't know who you're talking about- who's "he"? For a "genius" you really don't convey your thoughts well.
Give me a break.
No
He didn't have a good game, move on.
We've all said that- You can't simply admit you're wrong.

Don't make excuses.
Facts > than excuses. Fact- BS Genius doesn't know what he's talking about.

Because if Howard would have ran for 165 yards, you can believe he would have used stats.
Yep. Who's "he" again? And why are you responding to my post about someone else?

Furthermore Beengay fudgepackers is the guy who thought they were using Cohen "correctly". Zero carries, i bet he still thinks they are using Cohen correctly. The guy is all over the place. He's a mixture of beardown07 and richi.
You're funny.

You never answered my question- Why didn't Cohen get many snaps? (hint- I gave you the answer) Cheers. Go Bears!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never brought up Howard's play. Everyone can have a million reasons why his numbers weren't good but don't test my intelligence and imply he had a good game rushing 65 yards at a 3.1 clip. And when I questioned him about it, his defense? Oh I'm using the eye test. Apparently he's the only one allowed to use the eye test given that's been the crux of my argument as to why i'm not a fan of Howard's. Give me a break. He didn't have a good game, move on. Don't make excuses. Because if Howard would have ran for 165 yards, you can believe he would have used stats.

Lol at you not even being liked by the one guy that "liked" you.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at you not even being liked by the one guy that "liked" you.

Uhhhh who cares? lol clearly that is your agenda--being liked on an anonymous message board. Wow, you are quite pathetic.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh who cares? lol clearly that is your agenda--being liked on an anonymous message board. Wow, you are quite pathetic.

Almost as pathetic as coming to a message board to be disliked.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am who I am. Board or otherwise.

What's your excuse?