• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky and Cohen should start

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen is not too small for this league like some idiot was suggesting. He's the best playmaker we have on offense by far--it's not even close. The second best playmaker being Trubisky.

Lets start these two. Enough is enough. If Fox continues to be this stubborn, then he just doesn't get it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Trubisky. Cohen is being used perfectly. He can't handle a feature back role long. Trubisky has had just a little less time to prepare for the offense than Glennon. I'd like to think he's learning from Glennons mistakes though.

I don't know how you can keep dissing Howard. The guy has been very good.
He seems to be more effective with Cohen around. He's playing through injury and still carrying piles for several yards.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Trubisky. Cohen is being used perfectly. He can't handle a feature back role long. Trubisky has had just a little less time to prepare for the offense than Glennon. I'd like to think he's learning from Glennons mistakes though.

He seems to be more effective with Cohen around. He's playing through injury and still carrying piles for several yards.

Howard is 7th in the league in rushing and averaging 4.4 YPC.

Pretty hilarious.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is in no way does John Fox look like he is in tune with Chicago bear football. We got him some slack since he seems to put the emphasis back on defense like the glory days, but he does not understand bear packer rivalries.

Look at the actual numbers and how little the green bay offense had to do. Last night was the perfect spot to give the fan base and NFL network a shot of Trubisky. Having him driving at all against the packers would have given us a ray of hope.

Right now its pace gave up 4 picks of third and fourth round players that actually produce for him to get the guy we would have gotten anyway.

Block Matthews with Deon Simms, cannot get penetration with no offensive tackles in the game, green bays best defensive lineman not playing, damn that win against pittsburg.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why can't Cohen handle the feature back role? I don't think he's being used perfectly. He needs more touches. Every time he touches the ball he could explode.

Howard has been pretty good? He's statistically had one good game out of four. I don't get the blind bias of Howard at all. I don't give out extra points for playing hurt. Those are carries he is taking away from Cohen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard over Cohen 7 days a week for me but does it matter? With MG at QB there are 9 in the box. Neither RB has a real chance.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some kind of double down thread?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Cohen handle the feature back role? I don't think he's being used perfectly. He needs more touches. Every time he touches the ball he could explode.

Howard has been pretty good? He's statistically had one good game out of four. I don't get the blind bias of Howard at all. I don't give out extra points for playing hurt. Those are carries he is taking away from Cohen.
You can't expect the thunder of the RBBC to have a big game every week. Especially when you get blown out in half those games. 4 games is too small of a sample size. Why not include his stats from last year too?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't expect the thunder of the RBBC to have a big game every week. Especially when you get blown out in half those games. 4 games is too small of a sample size. Why not include his stats from last year too?

I don't expect him to have a big week every week but he's batting .250 right now and that's not very good. And in a 16 game schedule 4 games is alot actually. This isn't baseball.

And i didn't include his last year's stats because I thought we were talking about this year...?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to have a big week every week but he's batting .250 right now and that's not very good. And in a 16 game schedule 4 games is alot actually. This isn't baseball.

And i didn't include his last year's stats because I thought we were talking about this year...?

7th in the league.

He could jump to No. 1 in a matter of a week or two, or fall off the face of the Earth, or stay put.

Hard to complain about that, with so many other glaring deficiencies.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are halfway there with Trubisky starting. Now only if we can get Cohen in there as well. Defenses don't fear Howard. But when Cohen touches the ball, everyone notices.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are halfway there with Trubisky starting. Now only if we can get Cohen in there as well. Defenses don't fear Howard. But when Cohen touches the ball, everyone notices.
Exactly. Nobody fears Howard. Everyone notices when Cohen gets the ball. Defenses usually fall asleep when Howard gets the ball.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does it matter to you that one guy is starting and the other isn't? They are both playing and are both significant parts of the Bears offense. I truly don't understand why you are sticking with this nonsense? They are booth GOOD players. Howard was the 2nd LEADING RUSHER in the entire league as a rookie without really seeing the ball until week 4 last year. This year he's played with a miss matched line, a STACKED box, and an ailing shoulder for four weeks. (not to mention a poor QB without any threat of WR's)

I can assure you defenses are aware of and game plan for Jordan Howard. They know they have to stop him- in two games they have.
Cohen has been electric. That's great, but like just about everyone else on the planet they can see that his starpower is based on getting to the outside, catching checkdowns and playing in space. I like what they are doing with him. Leave it. (And keep him healthy all year)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it matter to you that one guy is starting and the other isn't? They are both playing and are both significant parts of the Bears offense. I truly don't understand why you are sticking with this nonsense? They are booth GOOD players. Howard was the 2nd LEADING RUSHER in the entire league as a rookie without really seeing the ball until week 4 last year. This year he's played with a miss matched line, a STACKED box, and an ailing shoulder for four weeks. (not to mention a poor QB without any threat of WR's)

I can assure you defenses are aware of and game plan for Jordan Howard. They know they have to stop him- in two games they have.
Cohen has been electric. That's great, but like just about everyone else on the planet they can see that his starpower is based on getting to the outside, catching checkdowns and playing in space. I like what they are doing with him. Leave it. (And keep him healthy all year)

I believe Cohen should get more touches than Howard. I already explained why so no need to beat a dead horse.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen's east/west, change fields, run backwards around the play shtick... is uh... Not going to keep working. That much has become evident in the last two contests.

Good looking young player, but he needs to cut down on that a little bit and stop trying to do too much.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen with another dud... and a fumble.

There are now talks about Cunningham taking snaps away from Cohen in the passing game. lol

Howard with 30+ carries and 167 yards, with the game-deciding run. Broke two tackles, and took off 50 yards down the sideline. But ya know... he can't make plays, can't break tackles... right? Just a guy with one shoulder, who has carried this team single-handedly to their only two victories.

Let's bench him! :pound:Great call!

The only reason I come to this trash board anymore is to laugh at 90% of you clowns. Trolls, idiots and delusional assholes.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to BS, Cohen has as many TD passes as Trubisky plus fewer INT's. Not sure I follow 2 QB sets, but whatever.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarik Cohen. I mean...come on. The dude can do EVERYTHING!