• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky and Cohen should start

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say every down? No. I said incorporate him more into the offense. Use him more. Make him a better piece of the offensive puzzle. How do you expect him to get better if he doesn't get more time on the field or more touches or more targets or more w.e. Are you just this defensive every time someone says something you don't agree with?

I just think you are arguing for them to do exactly what they are already doing. He was involved in 32% of the offensive snaps yesterday, and STRUGGLED MIGHTILY in those snaps.

He is a dynamic player, and I agree we need to utilize him, I just don't know what more you want them to do, particularly when he has clearly been struggling since the Pittsburgh game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are feature backs in the league that don't get 14 carries in a game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people get so defensive? Jesus Christ. Can't we talk football without getting a stick up our asses? Holy hell.

Dude, stop your fucking whining. People don't have to agree with you ffs. In fact, there's probably gonna be people who think your opinion is stupid af.:happy:

As far as defensive...I have provided stats supporting my argument.

You have provided emotion.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see a lot of potential in him. He's got the talent. He's shown it. And I'm in no way saying he should be the starter over Howard. Just feel like if the Bears would use some 2 RB packages, put him out in the wide out spot every now and then, just do something to evolve offensively, they'd be able to actually contend for the division. I feel with 3 WRs all out and only 2 healthy RBs on the roster, he should be used better. He's definitely struggled but to be fair, Minnesota has allowed the 3rd fewest rushing yards all year and Baltimore's defense is usually always tough. Yes, the league now has tape on Cohen and have figured him out more, but that just means the Bears need to change things up a bit, no?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, stop your fucking whining. People don't have to agree with you ffs. In fact, there's probably gonna be people who think your opinion is stupid af.:happy:

As far as defensive...I have provided stats supporting my argument.

You have provided emotion.

Not asking for agreement, asking for civil conversation. Shouldn't be that hard to get because I haven't been disrespectful in anyway.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see a lot of potential in him. He's got the talent. He's shown it. And I'm in no way saying he should be the starter over Howard. Just feel like if the Bears would use some 2 RB packages, put him out in the wide out spot every now and then, just do something to evolve offensively, they'd be able to actually contend for the division. I feel with 3 WRs all out and only 2 healthy RBs on the roster, he should be used better. He's definitely struggled but to be fair, Minnesota has allowed the 3rd fewest rushing yards all year and Baltimore's defense is usually always tough. Yes, the league now has tape on Cohen and have figured him out more, but that just means the Bears need to change things up a bit, no?

This is a fair argument.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lions fan I endorse playing Howard much less.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said I’m not? U all
Butt hurt

You're so not butthurt that you felt the need to come back an hour and a half later to talk about it again? LOL just let it go man.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so not butthurt that you felt the need to come back an hour and a half later to talk about it again? LOL just let it go man.
Sorry I work, and when I work I actually work, so if I get a chance I respond to the alerts. Pardon me for being a productive member of society

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so I've been gone for a bit... and come back to find our lovely dysfunctional board of foul mouthed Bears fans who can never agree on anything... and had put to rest the whole BS Genius topic of "Cohen is better than Howard" has now been taken over by lovely dysfunctional foul mouthed Steelers fans who can't agree on anything?
Lol.
Thanks trumpy, look what you created! (<oh shit he went political....here come those cretins, now)
Oh and I hereby outlaw the term "butthurt" it's stupid. Where the faq did that come from anyway?
~ Joey... Startin shit!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I work, and when I work I actually work, so if I get a chance I respond to the alerts. Pardon me for being a productive member of society

Gotta multi-task better, my friend.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Bears fans. I thought getting rid of Cutler was a huge mistake, but now I'm not so sure. Trubisky looks like a very accurate passer.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Bears fans. I thought getting rid of Cutler was a huge mistake, but now I'm not so sure. Trubisky looks like a very accurate passer.
Huh? Not sure I understand your post... You like Cutler but think Trubisky is more accurate than Jay?

Edit: I suppose one could argue, keep Jay, do not pay for a bad Glennon and have a better chance at sitting a rookie for longer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benny Cunningham needs to start splitting the passing down snaps with Cohen. Cunningham is very good in pass-pro, and also quite efficient in the passing game.

Cohen is useless in pass-pro, and his east/west gadget player shtick is up.

Biggest problem? He's so one-dimensional, that when you bring him in. The defense immediately knows where to key.

Look, I hope the kid can hit a home run here and there. He's a good punt returner, fun for a little personal package of plays... but that's about it. If you thought this "shtick" running back was going to reinvent everything we know about football, and become the centerpiece of a team's ground game. Lol... I guess I can only ask, how does it feel to be a typical stupid fucking fan, falling for the latest hype job?

Nothing shocks me from this short-bus board.

Fuckin burn this place to the ground already.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benny Cunningham needs to start splitting the passing down snaps with Cohen. Cunningham is very good in pass-pro, and also quite efficient in the passing game.

Cohen is useless in pass-pro, and his east/west gadget player shtick is up.

Biggest problem? He's so one-dimensional, that when you bring him in. The defense immediately knows where to key.

Look, I hope the kid can hit a home run here and there. He's a good punt returner, fun for a little personal package of plays... but that's about it. If you thought this "shtick" running back was going to reinvent everything we know about football, and become the centerpiece of a team's ground game. Lol... I guess I can only ask, how does it feel to be a typical stupid fucking fan, falling for the latest hype job?

Nothing shocks me from this short-bus board.

Fuckin burn this place to the ground already.

Oh ye of little faith. Tarik Cohen is a great talent but he's also a rookie. Not every rookie RB can be Kareem Hunt or Leonard Fournette. Teams have tape on Cohen now so they know how to prepare for him but the Bears need to change things up with their offense if they want him to be a pivotal part of it. He's fast, he's a great receiving back and he's versatile. He can be a great accent back to Howard or a screen receiver if given the opportunity. Cohen is a big part of why Chicago has the 3rd best running game in the league. Obviously the last 2 games haven't been great, but it's okay. He'll get better and improve with time. I mean, he's 6th in all-purpose yards, ahead of Howard and a fellow rookie in Christian McCaffrey. He's also in the top 10 in punt returns yards and yard per punt. Maybe his calling is on the special teams. Who knows? But one thing is for certain. That kid was the steal of the draft. He was the 10th RB taken and I'd say he's a top 5 rookie RB right now.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Not sure I understand your post... You like Cutler but think Trubisky is more accurate than Jay?

Edit: I suppose one could argue, keep Jay, do not pay for a bad Glennon and have a better chance at sitting a rookie for longer.
its pretty simple. He thought you should keep cutler, but thinks trubisky looks good.