• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky and Cohen should start

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard = Top 5 back in the NFL

Cohen = a pleasant surprise, and a decent breather for Howard.

You would have to be completely fucking stupid to think otherwise.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard = Top 5 back in the NFL

Cohen = a pleasant surprise, and a decent breather for Howard.

You would have to be completely fucking stupid to think otherwise.

Howard is a top 5 back in total yardage and is definitely a top 10 RB in the league overall right now, but you would have to be completely fucking stupid to think Tarik Cohen is just a "decent breather for Howard".

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cohen should get more touches than Howard. I already explained why so no need to beat a dead horse.

Not a Bears fan but I think your Cohen vs. Howard viewpoint is misguided. Cohen may be deserving of more touches but he should be getting them at the expense of the garbage that you guys are putting out there at WR, not at the expense of a guy who is probably your best offensive skill player. Thus far, that seems to be the Bears approach -- get Cohen involved in the passing game and see what he can do in space.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is a top 5 back in total yardage and is definitely a top 10 RB in the league overall right now, but you would have to be completely fucking stupid to think Tarik Cohen is just a "decent breather for Howard".

He is a promising young back, who is explosive.

But he also dances around too much, and teams with good front 7's eat him alive. His abilities make him try to do too much at times, and in the NFL, that leads to big losses and fumbles, with an occasional big play.

He caught the league by surprise initially, but teams are catching on.

Howard is the better back, and it's really not that close. Cohen deserves to play, but in no way should he be taking snaps away from Howard. He should be spelling him, and apparently the Bears coaching staff feels the exact same way, as that is exactly what they've been doing.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a promising young back, who is explosive.

But he also dances around too much, and teams with good front 7's eat him alive. His abilities make him try to do too much at times, and in the NFL, that leads to big losses and fumbles, with an occasional big play.

He caught the league by surprise initially, but teams are catching on.

Howard is the better back, and it's really not that close. Cohen deserves to play, but in no way should he be taking snaps away from Howard. He should be spelling him, and apparently the Bears coaching staff feels the exact same way, as that is exactly what they've been doing.

They are 2-4 in a division that is now wide-open with the Rodgers injury. They need an improvement on the offensive side of the ball. Cohen is that improvement. With Wheaton down, pop him in at WR a few more plays. Use him more as a RB. Instead of a 30/10 split between Howard and Cohen, maybe 25/15. Maybe use some double RB plays to confuse opposing defenses. There are ways to integrate Cohen into the offense and he's shown he's got the skills and talent. I mean, he threw a freaking TD yesterday. Gotta use him more often.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 2-4 in a division that is now wide-open with the Rodgers injury. They need an improvement on the offensive side of the ball. Cohen is that improvement. With Wheaton down, pop him in at WR a few more plays. Use him more as a RB. Instead of a 30/10 split between Howard and Cohen, maybe 25/15. Maybe use some double RB plays to confuse opposing defenses. There are ways to integrate Cohen into the offense and he's shown he's got the skills and talent. I mean, he threw a freaking TD yesterday. Gotta use him more often.

That's great dude. Use him as a receiver. Put both him and Howard in there together. Spell Howard on 3rd downs or other passing situations. Exactly what they've been doing, and exactly what I said he is.

But you act as if Howard is not producing?? The kid is easily our best player. Maybe if he was just average, then an argument could be made for the rookie to be taking snaps away from him, but as is, Howard is killing it.

I don't disagree that he should get on the field, but I disagree that it should be at the expense of Howard.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great dude. Use him as a receiver. Put both him and Howard in there together. Spell Howard on 3rd downs or other passing situations. Exactly what they've been doing, and exactly what I said he is.

But you act as if Howard is not producing?? The kid is easily our best player. Maybe if he was just average, then an argument could be made for the rookie to be taking snaps away from him, but as is, Howard is killing it.

I don't disagree that he should get on the field, but I disagree that it should be at the expense of Howard.

I'm not acting like Howard isn't producing. I'm acting like you got one of the most dynamic rookie RBs that came out of the draft on your bench for half the game. Not the best use of a great talent that has shown game after game that he's got what it takes to get more touches or targets or w.e. Howard might be the best player on the team, but Cohen is the most versatile player on the team and he's a freakin' rookie. The only way he gets better is with more playing time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not acting like Howard isn't producing. I'm acting like you got one of the most dynamic rookie RBs that came out of the draft on your bench for half the game. Not the best use of a great talent that has shown game after game that he's got what it takes to get more touches or targets or w.e. Howard might be the best player on the team, but Cohen is the most versatile player on the team and he's a freakin' rookie. The only way he gets better is with more playing time.

And in front of him, we have a Top 5 back in his second year. What's your fucking point?

I could be wrong, but I think I watch the Bears closer than you do, and they have tried mercilessly in the last 3 games to get Cohen the ball, and he has struggled mightily. Minnesota made him look stupid last week, and he struggled again this week, despite "throwing a dumb TD"(like that somehow is so amazing that he automatically should take snaps away from Howard:rolleyes2:)

The Bears have employed him at RB, WR and KR.

How many other ways do you suggest they use him, all while not taking snaps away from one of the best backs in the league?

This argument looks that much sillier, a day after Howard rushed for 167 yards and ostensibly won the game single-handily.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th in the league.

He could jump to No. 1 in a matter of a week or two, or fall off the face of the Earth, or stay put.

Hard to complain about that, with so many other glaring deficiencies.

bump

No. 5 in the league.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in front of him, we have a Top 5 back in his second year. What's your fucking point?

I could be wrong, but I think I watch the Bears closer than you do, and they have tried mercilessly in the last 3 games to get Cohen the ball, and he has struggled mightily. Minnesota made him look stupid last week, and he struggled again this week, despite "throwing a dumb TD"(like that somehow is so amazing that he automatically should take snaps away from Howard:rolleyes2:)

The Bears have employed him at RB, WR and KR.

How many other ways do you suggest they use him, all while not taking snaps away from one of the best backs in the league?

This argument looks that much sillier, a day after Howard rushed for 167 yards and ostensibly won the game single-handily.

Here's what my fucking point is:

Jordan Howard is having a great year, no doubt about it, but the offense still sucks dick. Gotta get someone involved and unfortunately, there aren't that many more guys on the roster you can get involved. Cohen is a better receiving back than Howard. The Bears should be using them interchangeably. You have 4 healthy WRs on the roster. Move Cohen over to a wide-out position. Do something. You got Thunder AND Lightning. Most teams only have one or the other.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what my fucking point is:

Jordan Howard is having a great year, no doubt about it, but the offense still sucks dick. Gotta get someone involved and unfortunately, there aren't that many more guys on the roster you can get involved. Cohen is a better receiving back than Howard. The Bears should be using them interchangeably. You have 4 healthy WRs on the roster. Move Cohen over to a wide-out position. Do something. You got Thunder AND Lightning. Most teams only have one or the other.

But they HAVE been doing that. He had 14 fucking rushing attempts yesterday, for 32 yards. A 2.3 ypc average!? Plus he fumbled in a critical spot. I think the Bears coaches aren't fucking dumb, and could see clearly who had the hot hand yesterday.

Cohen is a great receiver out of the backfield, but straight lining him up outside as a receiver every down?? He is too small. In motion to the receiver spot? Fine. But straight lining him up out there every play will get him fucking killed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm sure you and fucking BS know more than John Fox, and the entire Bears coaching staff. :rolleyes2:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach must be stupid since his snaps r going down with cunnningham back

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they HAVE been doing that. He had 14 fucking rushing attempts yesterday, for 32 yards. A 2.3 ypc average!? Plus he fumbled in a critical spot. I think the Bears coaches aren't fucking dumb, and could see clearly who had the hot hand yesterday.

Cohen is a great receiver out of the backfield, but straight lining him up outside as a receiver every down?? He is too small. In motion to the receiver spot? Fine. But straight lining him up out there every play will get him fucking killed.

Did I say every down? No. I said incorporate him more into the offense. Use him more. Make him a better piece of the offensive puzzle. How do you expect him to get better if he doesn't get more time on the field or more touches or more targets or more w.e. Are you just this defensive every time someone says something you don't agree with?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm sure you and fucking BS know more than John Fox, and the entire Bears coaching staff. :rolleyes2:

I mean, John Fox and the entire Bears coaching staff had led your team to whopping 11-27 record over 3 seasons. So maybe knowing more than Fox and the coaching staff is not such a hard thing to accomplish.