• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trouble hitting the driver straight? Try this!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA! True I try to tell myself that.... I've tried everything to fix it (well until I saw the video) and nothing seems to work.

Didn't work for me, but it sure helped the Mrs. ....added about 20 yards to her drive.

Wow. When he was talking about the things people do that mess up their shots, he perfectly described my swing :doh:

I'm gonna have to get to the range and give these a try. Great video.

For those of us with helpless "duck hook and slice in the woods" drives...never under estimate the power of the "foot wedge", probably the most under-valued club in the bag today.

Same. I know for a fact I am terrible at lining up consistently when I pull out the driver. I'll be sure to give this a shot

Choke down on the club. Easy way to hit straight

Here is another tip that for some reason did wonders for me (granted I am not at the level of some of you). I am not sure what it is about this tip, but it helped me hit it straighter, longer & more consistently with all of my clubs especially the longer ones.

Gentlemen, the PGA pool is up and running on this thread; PGA Championship | SportsHoopla Sports Forums and the rules are explained in comment #7.

Come and try your luck!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I watched the video. First time out afterwards and I drove the ball tremendously better. I think my biggest take away was the CoG being shifted when I moved the driver head directly behind the ball rather than leaving it straight out in front of my about 4-6 inches behind the ball. That made a lot of sense with the shoulders being turned. I was hitting true power fades and not pulls or slices and with a little fine tuning, I should be able to straighten out the ball flight once I'm used to the new positioning.

The CoG concept even helped with my iron game hitting 5 of the 9 greens yesterday (missed every dang birdie putt though!).

Thanks for posting and if there isn't already a thread dedicated to good instructional videos/drills, there probably needs to be a sticky for one.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I watched the video. First time out afterwards and I drove the ball tremendously better. I think my biggest take away was the CoG being shifted when I moved the driver head directly behind the ball rather than leaving it straight out in front of my about 4-6 inches behind the ball. That made a lot of sense with the shoulders being turned. I was hitting true power fades and not pulls or slices and with a little fine tuning, I should be able to straighten out the ball flight once I'm used to the new positioning.

The CoG concept even helped with my iron game hitting 5 of the 9 greens yesterday (missed every dang birdie putt though!).

Thanks for posting and if there isn't already a thread dedicated to good instructional videos/drills, there probably needs to be a sticky for one.

Great idea. This guy's tips are also pretty good:

The tips alone are pretty good - no need to buy the device he is selling.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This driver tip still helps me from time to time as I notice my ball position start to creep back toward the middle of my stance. This tip guarantees ball position will be off the left heel if you only move your right foot as the instructor says.