• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treadwell-WR

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that's just by size and 40 time. Obviously game tape is far more important, I was just looking for a physical comp. I'm not overwhelmed by this WR class, so it's all relative. I do like Sterling Shepard, but being a slot guy pushes him to probably a late 2nd rounder.

I'm not sure what to make of Thomas (Ohio State). In a quirk of the upcoming draft, I do like Mike Thomas (SoMiss) as a rising prospect on day 3. Doctson is another spread guy that was highly productive, but not physically impressive really. I wish Braxton Miller had another year or two at WR under his belt already.
WR draft is shaping up to be something like 2008 when none of them went in the first round but 10 went in rd2. Of those, Jordy Nelson and DeSean Jackson should've gone in rd1 and Eddie Royal and Jerome Simpson showed flashes but the rest stunk up the joint.

For better or worse with Shepard and Treadwell is that you know what you are getting. Shepard isnt getting any bigger and Treadwell isn't getting any faster but they seem to be the two the jump out as most pro ready. Doctson looks the most explosive in terms of being able to catch everything but should be raw coming out and not a mismatch in speed or size. Thomas should be less raw but less or a ball magnet. Corey Coleman could be Amari Cooper 3 years from now but coming out maybe he is just Mike Wallace in 3 years. I don't trust Baylor at all at developing players, either.

Braxton Miller would be viewed as a third rounder in any other draft. The fact that he is getting 1st round buzz reeks of people looking too far into what he could be and not what he has actually done. In Ohio State's final 4 games, he had 16 yards receiving in all of them combined. I do think he maybe could've been the top WR if he went to a different school from day 1 but he chose to be an Urban Meyer QB so thats on him.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Coleman could be Amari Cooper 3 years from now but coming out maybe he is just Mike Wallace in 3 years. I don't trust Baylor at all at developing players, either.

Coleman sure is a puzzle.

All the talent in the world....but the worst motor I have ever seen at any level of football. This guy made Randy Moss look like a blue collar hard nosed player. If I were a pee wee football coach and he was on my team, I would politely tell his parents his heart just isn't in the game and that they should find another activity he might enjoy more.

But yeah it's Baylor so maybe it is just bad coaching and you can light a fire under him when he gets to the next level.

But no way I make this guy my 1st round pick unless he had one hell of an explanation of why he refused to block during a run play.

It was actually hard to get thru an entire game of watching this guy. That is how horrifically lazy his play was. I would start watching and turn off after a drive or two because I couldn't believe that on run plays he would literally take one step off the LOS and then just turn towards the play and watch it happen with zero effort to block the CB over the top of him. And that is what he did on every single run play. It is just amazing to me that even at the college level they would let a guy get away with that.

And it is doubly sad when you factor in that he might be the most talented WR in this draft class. But all the talent in the world can't make up for a shitty attitude.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the talent in the world....but the worst motor I have ever seen at any level of football. This guy made Randy Moss look like a blue collar hard nosed player. If I were a pee wee football coach and he was on my team, I would politely tell his parents his heart just isn't in the game and that they should find another activity he might enjoy more.

But yeah it's Baylor so maybe it is just bad coaching and you can light a fire under him when he gets to the next level.

But no way I make this guy my 1st round pick unless he had one hell of an explanation of why he refused to block during a run play.

It was actually hard to get thru an entire game of watching this guy. That is how horrifically lazy his play was. I would start watching and turn off after a drive or two because I couldn't believe that on run plays he would literally take one step off the LOS and then just turn towards the play and watch it happen with zero effort to block the CB over the top of him. And that is what he did on every single run play. It is just amazing to me that even at the college level they would let a guy get away with that.

And it is doubly sad when you factor in that he might be the most talented WR in this draft class. But all the talent in the world can't make up for a shitty attitude.
I'm really wondering how the interview process went.

Scout "So, Corey. Do you get bored easily'

Coleman "Yeah, I'm too good for my competition"

Scout "Are you too good to run block"

(long pause)

Coleman "Yeah. Pass me the ball on every play"

Scout "You get open on every play. Why do you only run 3 routes?"

Coleman "Its works, right?"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd draft Sterling Shepard over him. Similar size/build, but none of the questions. Less explosive, but better all around WR IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd draft Sterling Shepard over him. Similar size/build, but none of the questions. Less explosive, but better all around WR IMO.
Two very different players.

Imo, a good half dozen CBs from this year's draft could cover Shepard. There isn't a single CB in this draft that could cover Coleman. At worst with Shepard, though, you are getting Stedman Bailey and at best you could be getting someone really close to Tyler Lockett.

Depends on your team. I think if you have a big armed QB then you take Coleman first but otherwise you take Shepard.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two very different players.

Imo, a good half dozen CBs from this year's draft could cover Shepard. There isn't a single CB in this draft that could cover Coleman. At worst with Shepard, though, you are getting Stedman Bailey and at best you could be getting someone really close to Tyler Lockett.

Depends on your team. I think if you have a big armed QB then you take Coleman first but otherwise you take Shepard.

However, Shepard will block. Shepard runs a more complete route tree (and well). Shepard doesn't take plays off. He's still 4.48 40 guy (Coleman ran a 4.37 at his pro day, but pro day times aren't as accurate), so he still has speed if not an explosive deep threat.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Shepard will block. Shepard runs a more complete route tree (and well). Shepard doesn't take plays off. He's still 4.48 40 guy (Coleman ran a 4.37 at his pro day, but pro day times aren't as accurate), so he still has speed if not an explosive deep threat.
I like Shepard. I think the Bailey-Lockett upside/downside comparison is fairly favorable considering Lockett might be a top 10 WR moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Shepard goes before Coleman but only because Shepard fits just about any team. Coleman probably only fits about 10 teams but if he gets on those teams then we might be looking at the next pro bowl WR diva in 2 years.

Shepard does look like he gets extra value as a punt returner/kick returner. I think both players will go somewhere between pick 30 and pick 45.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see too much Mike Wallace in Coleman to feel comfortable spending a 1st rounder on him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see too much Mike Wallace in Coleman to feel comfortable spending a 1st rounder on him.
In 7 seasons, Mike Wallace has 6,300+yds, 48 TDS and is still in the league. Believe it or not, thats a 1st rounder.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shepard. I think the Bailey-Lockett upside/downside comparison is fairly favorable considering Lockett might be a top 10 WR moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Shepard goes before Coleman but only because Shepard fits just about any team. Coleman probably only fits about 10 teams but if he gets on those teams then we might be looking at the next pro bowl WR diva in 2 years.

Shepard does look like he gets extra value as a punt returner/kick returner. I think both players will go somewhere between pick 30 and pick 45.

Your slow boy CB McKenzie Alexander locked Sheppard down back to back years. ;)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Treadwell is healthy, I think he's a good pick. But something tells me Josh Doctson might be the best WR in this class. Call me crazy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your slow boy CB McKenzie Alexander locked Sheppard down back to back years. ;)
That might be Alexander's niche in the NFL. Lockdown nickle CB. Just talking about that in the mock draft thread.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be Alexander's niche in the NFL. Lockdown nickle CB. Just talking about that in the mock draft thread.

I like Alexander a lot actually. Pundits like to point to his lack of stats (PDs, INTS), but that largely indicates that teams don't throw at him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 7 seasons, Mike Wallace has 6,300+yds, 48 TDS and is still in the league. Believe it or not, thats a 1st rounder.

Not one I'm looking to draft as a #1 WR though.