• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treadwell-WR

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a nice compliment to that of Maclin but to me the problem is Alex Smith has shown he doesn't like to throw a ton of jump balls. He is less of a risk taker (although he has taken a few more as of recent). I just remember with Bowe he was not that great at separation but it was the jump balls that he was known for in the Red Zone. It is why he scored a touchdown in what 8 straight games because the QB would give him a chance in the End Zone to out jump the Corner. Then in came Alex Smith and he just didn't like throwing into those tight windows with the chance that it could be intercepted. If Smith can get a little more comfortable throwing those jump balls I think a Maclin/Treadwell combo would be very tough to defend. A team would need 2 styles of Corners to cover them.
I think its fair to say that Dwayne Bowe just gave up. He peaked in 2010. I wouldn't really put that on Alex Smith.

Treadwell has better hands than Bowe did coming out but I could see him being in the same mold. The problem with Bowe is that his problems were probably always neck up. He flashed brilliance but that was it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its fair to say that Dwayne Bowe just gave up. He peaked in 2010. I wouldn't really put that on Alex Smith.

Treadwell has better hands than Bowe did coming out but I could see him being in the same mold. The problem with Bowe is that his problems were probably always neck up. He flashed brilliance but that was it.

I agree but I think part of it for Bowe was he just lost interest. Because Smith refused to throw into tight coverage Bowe saw his targets drop dramatically. So for him he is not one that can stay checked into the game with only being targeted a couple of times a game. Smith and Bowe were just not a good pairing. Bowe is not a great #1 receiver and you are right is a bit of a headcase but I think Bowe would have done better with a different style of offense and a different QB at the helm. The Chiefs made a big mistake signing Bowe to teh contract they did if the true plans were to move forward with Smith as the QB. Maclin is the perfect fit for Smith as he is great at getting that quick separation that makes Smith feel comfortable to throw to him. Same with Kelce being a freak athlete over the middle in he can get that immediate separation.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I think part of it for Bowe was he just lost interest. Because Smith refused to throw into tight coverage Bowe saw his targets drop dramatically. So for him he is not one that can stay checked into the game with only being targeted a couple of times a game. Smith and Bowe were just not a good pairing. Bowe is not a great #1 receiver and you are right is a bit of a headcase but I think Bowe would have done better with a different style of offense and a different QB at the helm. The Chiefs made a big mistake signing Bowe to teh contract they did if the true plans were to move forward with Smith as the QB.
Bowe had 2 years of regression before Alex Smith even came on board. I think you can make the argument that Smith isnt good with those kinds of receivers but Bowe was going to fail regardless of QB imo and regardless of scheme imo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowe had 2 years of regression before Alex Smith even came on board. I think you can make the argument that Smith isnt good with those kinds of receivers but Bowe was going to fail regardless of QB imo and regardless of scheme imo

Fair point. I am more suggesting I don't think his fall would have been as dramatic as it was. I mean look at his next contract in teams still saw the guy as having talent that was maybe being misused. He obviously showed though that he has reached that point where he just isn't even a good #3 WR in this league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More like cashed out.

Bowe has always been sort of stiff like straight line runner, not a lot of wiggle thru the hips. The kid PIT drafted LY Sammy Coates imo was more Bowe like coming out of college...not as tall or as fast top end, but Treadwell reminds me of another recent Steeler draft pick Martavious Bryant but maybe a little more physical.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's drifting late, would take the chance on him. This guy's been playing in the SEC West (best division in CFB), performed well, has great hands. You get him with a professional trainer, could be a good get.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants need a #2 desperately, and have the 10th pick

Was hoping Ezeke would drop to them, and they do the very un-Giant like thing and take him

if not, i dont know enough about Treadwell if he is worth that draft slot

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't the Giants be looking defense?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't the Giants be looking defense?

They have spent $200 million in Free Agency on the defensive side, so I think it gives them a little bit of flexibility with the pick.....But gun to my head, Id bet they go defense...Just think the offense is so so dependent on Eli and Odell and not much else.....A bunch of average backs, and a really ugly looking receiving corps outside of Odell.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have spent $200 million in Free Agency on the defensive side, so I think it gives them a little bit of flexibility with the pick.....But gun to my head, Id bet they go defense...Just think the offense is so so dependent on Eli and Odell and not much else.....A bunch of average backs, and a really ugly looking receiving corps outside of Odell.....

I'm just not sold on many of these WRs being worth 1st round picks, let alone top 10 picks. Treadwell is looking a lot like Kenny Britt, hopefully a better version of him though.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sold on many of these WRs being worth 1st round picks, let alone top 10 picks. Treadwell is looking a lot like Kenny Britt, hopefully a better version of him though.

Gotcha...Maybe that Baylor kid Coleman could hang around into Round 2

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha...Maybe that Baylor kid Coleman could hang around into Round 2

He's got a lot of talent, but is way behind regarding route-running and has a lot of bad tape of him taking plays off when he's not the target.